The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We purchased at Riviera literally weeks before the pandemic and scheduled a quick trip for over Labor Day! We purchased too without staying, just looking at photos and video's so I'm very excited to stay there in 14 days!! Already booked our next trip for a week next June! I

Please post pics so we may vicariously through you! And congrats and welcome home!

Just purchased 200 points at Riviera today! I am just waiting for the paper work. I am so excited!! Now to figure out when I want to book my next trip, was looking at possibly the 2nd week in January or maybe mid Feb.
Congrats and welcome home! I've heard people say things about February getting more crowded but it seems both are still nice and who knows now with Covid. I don't think you can go wrong.

This is great info posted by @UrsulaWantsYourSoul
https://www.disboards.com/threads/riviera-rooms-with-a-view.3782418/page-6#post-62088191
Figured I would bring it in to this thread as well as its a great layout of all Standard vs Preferred rooms.

Thanks! I'll add links next time I update!

Well I jumped in and will likely be selling the last of my BWV contracts (Sold 50+30 in April and will likely sell my 150 after our March '21 stay, might hold it for a Jan '22 stay to completely strip the contract).

300 Points @$155
Fixed Week 48 + Fixed Week 49 in Preferred View Studio

Plan is normally a 1BR/2BR for a week in low seasons (Sept,Dec,Jan) but long term when kids might skip a year we will leverage the FW along with fact that I think a FW helps protect the resale value if we ever did want to sell.
That's exciting!! Fixed week does seem a great way to go, especially in the next few years. Congrats and welcome home!!

The wife and I just closed last week on RIV; our first DVC buy! Planning our welcome home trip in JUN21! @jamesweikamp where did you find the candles?
Congrats and welcome home!

We officially closed on our second Riviera contract yesterday. 325 points strong.
325?? Yes please!! That's gonna make for a lot of great trips! Congrats and welcome home!

@summerw you should include these matterports in the main thread under the rooms:

Tower Studio
Studio
One Bedroom
Two Bedroom Dedicated
Two Bedroom Lockoff
Grand Villa

Virtual 3D room walk-through for all room categories at Disney Riviera Resort
Thanks! I updated the post. As far as I could tell the 2 bedrooms were the same. Am I missing the 2 bedroom dedicated?

I just bought 150 Rivera points! Thanks for answering all my questions and for all the info!
Congrats and welcome home!!

We are here now, first time since buying DVC. This place is amazing - We are loving it. I think I love the lobby scent even more than Poly!
We just got back last night after a split stay at Poly and Riviera (our home resort). We bought DVC back in October so this was our first DVC trip. Riviera is amazing, it’s beautiful, we love the location, I could not be happier that we bought there!!
It sounds creepy but I'm weirdly excited to smell it too! I'd love to see pics and a trip report! So glad it was great. Congrats!!

Bought 50 points last May. Have not stayed yet, but have a stay scheduled for Oct.
Congrats and welcome home! Please be sure to tell us how it goes!

We checked in today and I LOVE the 1 bedroom. The layout makes it seem so huge! We’ve been considering adding more points for a 2 bedroom because family are now asking to go with us. We’re Poly owners and didn’t really want a second monorail home. This may just be the place.
The 1-bedroom just makes me drool. We bought planning on staying in studios but when we had to move May to October, I took advantage of the lower points to grab a 1-bedroom. The model seemed so much wider than anything I've been in at Disney. Congrats!!

Good Morning! It’s going to be a beautiful day on the Riveria.

Love the pics! Thank you for posting! I'd love to hear about your trip!!

So my DH and I are hung up on where to buy, either Riviera direct or resell from BCV or BWV. He wants walking distance to parks, I don't care and am fine taking the skyliner. My question is: is it hard to get to HS for opening to get a BG using the skyliner? Is the walk to the CBR station really long (and is walking there a better option than going to the RIV station?)? Is driving better? I really love RIV, but I'm having a hard time selling this to DH.

@Sarahslay we were there in mid-AUG and the line for the skyliner was never an issue. We did not attempt to walk to the CBR station (though it seems a reasonable walk, probably .25-.3 miles based on the 1.4 running path surrounding RIV and CBR) as the skyliner junction was a short ride.

Only downside we could identify was that the skyliner goes down for about 30-45min every time there's a lightening strike, so it is not as 'reliable' as other methods of travel.

So my DH and I are hung up on where to buy, either Riviera direct or resell from BCV or BWV. He wants walking distance to parks, I don't care and am fine taking the skyliner. My question is: is it hard to get to HS for opening to get a BG using the skyliner? Is the walk to the CBR station really long (and is walking there a better option than going to the RIV station?)? Is driving better? I really love RIV, but I'm having a hard time selling this to DH.

When DHS was opening early (back in early March), it was cutting it VERY close if trying to get a ROTR boarding group. We did not want to chance it and took a Lyft. As for the walk to CBR, its about 10 minutes. Not bad at all.

@Sarahslay we were there in mid-AUG and the line for the skyliner was never an issue. We did not attempt to walk to the CBR station (though it seems a reasonable walk, probably .25-.3 miles based on the 1.4 running path surrounding RIV and CBR) as the skyliner junction was a short ride.

Only downside we could identify was that the skyliner goes down for about 30-45min every time there's a lightening strike, so it is not as 'reliable' as other methods of travel.
I'm mainly concerned with the mornings getting to DHS, so usually no lightening in the morning. I was at YC this weekend and walked to HS, was the first person in the park, and I noticed the skyliner wasn't bringing anyone in yet when I was in line to go to temp screening so I know I'd get there later. While I know it's not a huge deal for me since I've ridden everything before, DH is just now going back after a nearly 3 year hiatus and wants to be able to get there as early as he can.

When DHS was opening early (back in early March), it was cutting it VERY close if trying to get a ROTR boarding group. We did not want to chance it and took a Lyft. As for the walk to CBR, its about 10 minutes. Not bad at all.
I do hate cutting it close, we will usually have a car though (we used to fly, but have since moved and are further away from the airport and it takes just as long to drive down now). It's such a hard decision.

Love the pics! Thank you for posting! I'd love to hear about your trip!!

The ONLY negative I’ve noticed is the lack of a real table service restaurant. Topolino’s isn’t really an option more than once for breakfast (or dinner) and no table service for lunch at all. While the counter service is good, like Topolino’s, not something I’d like everyday.

Can anyone tell me where 1 bedroom preferred views are? What are the views?

From what I’ve been told, any room facing the resort front is standard view.

What is Disney World like in May? Temps and crowds (if things were back to normal)?

Getting hot but not (usually) awful yet
Getting crowded but not (usually) awful yet.
Thanks! and thanks for the link, my mom keeps pushing for a trip in May. So this may be our welcome home trip if I don't cave and book something in Oct.

Boats for BWV/BCV go down for that as well but I think start up a little faster possibly.

Also long term I think there is more likelihood that the skyliner starts running through Lightening Storms once they have enough runtime to have all the bugs out.

This was a big thing for me as I was considering to buy (now an owner).

The ONLY negative I’ve noticed is the lack of a real table service restaurant. Topolino’s isn’t really an option more than once for breakfast (or dinner) and no table service for lunch at all. While the counter service is good, like Topolino’s, not something I’d like everyday.

Don't forget you are within walking distance of the CBR restaurants. I consider those extra nearby choices a real plus to Riviera's location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter