*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

I have a reservation on the 18th but it was hard to find. I wanted breakfast but could only get a dinner time slot after many days of searching.

I have a breakfast and dinner for 5/14. Will most likely keep breakfast, but not sure yet. It seemed pretty wide open for the week before then, too.

Hey guys! Checked in today and posted some pics over on the resort thread. Going to share them here too, if anyone’s interested!

Characters are visiting!
IMG_2203.jpeg

IMG_2201.jpeg

IMG_2202.jpeg

Cottage and Egg Display still here.

IMG_2199.jpeg

IMG_2197.jpeg

Here are some construction pics, Main Building. Seems to be the only work going on at this time.

IMG_2194.jpeg

Outside Villas building.

IMG_2193.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0441.jpeg
    IMG_0441.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0442.jpeg
    IMG_0442.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0443.jpeg
    IMG_0443.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0446.jpeg
    IMG_0446.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 3
Just an observation, the outdoor games have been spread out and some are missing since our last stay here in November.

They removed the shuffleboard table, as well as the foosball table.

The pingpong table is now along the path by the Villas building.

IMG_2237.jpeg

The other games still remaining…

IMG_2234.jpeg

The area over by the monorail still looks like a construction zone.

IMG_2226.jpeg

I’ll update as I find other things to note. 🙂

So, I was in the Villas lobby yesterday when a woman was speaking to a CM behind the desk. She mentioned how much she missed having the cappuccino machine in the lobby, and of course, I chimed in and repeated the same sentiment.

The CM replied with “let’s just say something is in the works!”, but wouldn’t say any more than that. So if anyone is here in the upcoming months, please keep an eye out and report back. Hope she’s right!!

So, I was in the Villas lobby yesterday when a woman was speaking to a CM behind the desk. She mentioned how much she missed having the cappuccino machine in the lobby, and of course, I chimed in and repeated the same sentiment.

The CM replied with “let’s just say something is in the works!”, but wouldn’t say any more than that. So if anyone is here in the upcoming months, please keep an eye out and report back. Hope she’s right!!
We LOVED that machine!!! Oh it would be a Grand day if they brought that back!!!

For anyone who has used the DDP since it came back; can you use a quick service credit at beaches pool bar and order a mixed drink with your lunch?

*Construction Notes:

As of 4/6/24, the only visible construction at The Grand was located outside the Main Building. Pictures taken during my trip last week can be viewed below. According to emails sent to guests, as well as blogs, work on the Lobby should begin soon. NO DATES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AS FAR AS START OR COMPLETION DATES. As information becomes available, I will be sure to update this thread (Page 1 included). No information has been given regarding any additional work at this time. I’d appreciate anyone who has trips coming up, if they’d kindly post any new construction indoors or out. I’d love to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Thanks so much!!!

1712593691234.jpeg

1712593702409.jpeg

Current Lobby State: REFURBISHMENT HAS NOT STARTED.

IMG_2429.jpeg

Letter Sent to Guests:

Dear Guest,
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our lobby – during daytime hours.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter