The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

I saw some sort of HalloweenTime pulled pork hot dog and also some Oogie Boogie funnel cake fries on a video… are those available before the party begins during normal park hours? Or only during the party itself? I want to eat early during the mix-in time so not to waste party time… but I have no idea if those are available during general times or if they’re party exclusive. Anybody know? Any suggestions on good seasonal treats… regardless of them being at DL or DCA.
Both are seasonal offerings at Award Wieners and are available all day. You can tell in the app if you look at the menu- OBB specific items are listed that way. Flo's has 2 OBB specific offerings, for example.

From previous experience on both coasts, I have noticed that they don't give as much candy to folks with no children. Just an observation, not a criticism.
From years of Halloween Parties at DL and at DCA, it really comes down to the individual CM giving the candy. Having children or not doesn't really enter into it. We don't always bring kids to the parties, but always walk away with a lot of candy.

Might be unpopular option but I won't mind if they go a little easier on the candy. The loads people
Report getting doesn't really appeal this mom.. also knowing actual Halloween will be just around the corner. CANDY OVERLOAD

We use the extra candy to supplement candy purchased when we create police officer appreciation bags for our local police and sheriff's office, so I always appreciate when we get a ton of candy. Our goal each year is to create at least 150+ bags, so all the extra candy always helps!

We used the carrots, grapes, chips, and extra candy to put together a few bags for a few homeless people when we walked back to our hotel in Anaheim. I wish I had more bags but I only thought of it while we were waiting for the parade and just used the trick or treat bags Disney gave out. The rest of the candy went to my parents to give away for Halloween. I just hope none of the trick or treaters' parents recognize that we're reusing candy from Disneyland lol.

The full size snickers were the very last offering on the way out down the street towards the entrance on d23 night. Or at least that is where we got those... we also found the full size rice crispy treats there and at a couple other trails too. We didn't get carrots anywhere though - we missed Ernesto's trail so maybe they were there? That was the only trail we did not do, which I'm pretty happy with considering we had a 4:35 Trader Sams and so we didn't even make it into the party until after it had started. Had I found it we would have had time... we left a little early at about 10:20 since I had another bright and early expo day for the parks panel. Oh well.

My only grief was not getting a pic with the Kingdom Hearts Mickey - we headed straight to the photo spot when we arrived but they had already closed the line saying there was a delay and to try again later. We hovered quite awhile but gave up and went down towards Sid and came back around to see Goofy out. By then it was pretty much too late to join a line since we would have to sacrifice so much, so we just took a pic of him and Mickey later on from afar. For those who only go to the parties once every few years its a big ask to endure long lines for the meet and greets. I always want and intend to do them, but in the moment I just can't get over what a time sink it is. I looooooved having some characters along the treat trails instead - so many more folks get to see and interact with them versus posed pics which is perfect for us.

The full size snickers were the very last offering on the way out down the street towards the entrance on d23 night. Or at least that is where we got those... we also found the full size rice crispy treats there and at a couple other trails too. We didn't get carrots anywhere though - we missed Ernesto's trail so maybe they were there? That was the only trail we did not do, which I'm pretty happy with considering we had a 4:35 Trader Sams and so we didn't even make it into the party until after it had started. Had I found it we would have had time... we left a little early at about 10:20 since I had another bright and early expo day for the parks panel. Oh well.

I got full sized (almond) Snickers on the Cars Land trail during D23. And I think on one of the character trails.... I want to say Cruella? Might have been Agatha. But definitely got them in a couple places before the end of the night on the way out.

Might be unpopular option but I won't mind if they go a little easier on the candy. The loads people
Report getting doesn't really appeal this mom.. also knowing actual Halloween will be just around the corner. CANDY OVERLOAD
Don't assume everyone getting "loads" of candy is keeping it for themselves. As others have posted, much/all of that candy can go to charity/donations/gifts. Our MHP/OBB candy goes to a charity Halloween party for kids whose parents are in prison/on parole. Celebrating Halloween and trick-or-treating are way down on their list of realities. They love the candy that Mickey Mouse gives them. Sometimes "CANDY OVERLOAD" can be a good thing. :)

Don't assume everyone getting "loads" of candy is keeping it for themselves. As others have posted, much/all of that candy can go to charity/donations/gifts. Our MHP/OBB candy goes to a charity Halloween party for kids whose parents are in prison/on parole. Celebrating Halloween and trick-or-treating are way down on their list of realities. They love the candy that Mickey Mouse gives them. Sometimes "CANDY OVERLOAD" can be a good thing. :)
Oh thank you. You are right, I shouldn't assume. It would be cool if Disney could have like a donate bin or maybe I can find someone local to hand some of it off to. We certainly won't fly back home with all of it!

Oh thank you. You are right, I shouldn't assume. It would be cool if Disney could have like a donate bin or maybe I can find someone local to hand some of it off to. We certainly won't fly back home with all of it!
Good idea to donate before flying back home. Maybe try the Anaheim PD? Our local police department is always ready to accept donated Halloween candy!

We went down a few more trails than we normally would, but 95% of this candy is going to kids in our neighborhood. Its safely sealed up in a box in a cool place until Halloween. :)

Disney isn’t forcing anyone to take tons of candy. They give you a pretty small bag. You control how many treat trails you go through. You decide if you want take candy in the treat trails. You can walk through and take no candy or just take candy from one CM at each trail, etc. Disney also mixes in healthy snacks. If you don’t want that much candy you control your experience. Some people want to get a lot for various reasons, others don’t.

Disney isn’t forcing anyone to take tons of candy. They give you a pretty small bag. You control how many treat trails you go through. You decide if you want take candy in the treat trails. You can walk through and take no candy or just take candy from one CM at each trail, etc. Disney also mixes in healthy snacks. If you don’t want that much candy you control your experience. Some people want to get a lot for various reasons, others don’t.

Agree, I saw one person on YouTube say politely to the CM "No candy, just vibes."

I like to get the non-candy treats, too!

We go to our party Thursday night! 4 sleeps!

We want to prioritize the OBB-exclusive things. What in Cars Land is exclusive for OBB? So far I think it's just Red in the clown costume and Cruz Ramirez in the pirate costume. The cool lighting over the "Ornament Valley Range" (I think I'm getting the name right) when you enter Cars Land from Pacific Warf happens nightly, right? Not just on OBB nights? I know Luigi's & Maters are Halloween-themed daily. Thanks!

Also, what treat trails/characters are closed during the parade? I have heard no Kindom Hearts, Sanderson Sisters, Ernesto, Dr. Facilier, during the prarade. What about Oogie Boogie, is he open? Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's a blow out bar in Downtown Disney? I need my hair mirror straight for my Morticia costume, and I'd much rather let a professional do it than pack my straightening rod.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's a blow out bar in Disney Springs? I need my hair mirror straight for my Morticia costume, and I'd much rather let a professional do it than pack my straightening rod.

You mentioned Disney Springs - are you referring to Downtown Disney in Disneyland? Just wanted to make sure! :)

Did you check into Tenaya Spa in GCH? They offer salon services.

You mentioned Disney Springs - are you referring to Downtown Disney in Disneyland? Just wanted to make sure! :)

Did you check into Tenaya Spa in GCH? They offer salon services.
argh you're right, downtown Disney. this is for the second half of the trip, on the west coast. I know better than to even try for straight hair in Florida.

argh you're right, downtown Disney. this is for the second half of the trip, on the west coast. I know better than to even try for straight hair in Florida.
Oh good! I've seen a couple other posts where people accidently got on the Disneyland side of the DIS when they meant WDW, so wanted to check before making a recommendation.

I would definitely try checking into Tenaya. I haven't personally tried the spa/salon, but from everything I've heard it gets rave reviews.

What should my plan of attack be for OBB? It’s my first time, I did sweethearts nite in Feb and wasn’t too impressed tbh, character lines were too long , they took 30min breaks. I’m here for the characters.

I plan on entering the park at 3pm.

I want to meet the Sanderson sisters - this is a must, I’d like to do if when it’s dark but I think lining up before the party starts is probably my best option. I hear the line closing at 8pm.

I want to hit all the character trick treat trails, villians grove, the parade (most likely the 2nd), and meet lots of characters. Not fussed about riding rides or food. Will most likely eat while waiting for Sanderson sisters.

I’m coming for the party on the 2nd oct, I’ve heard CA is still ready warm right now, will it still be then? Jackets/sweaters on a evening or not? We froze our butts off in Feb.

What should my plan of attack be for OBB? It’s my first time, I did sweethearts nite in Feb and wasn’t too impressed tbh, character lines were too long , they took 30min breaks. I’m here for the characters.

I plan on entering the park at 3pm.

I want to meet the Sanderson sisters - this is a must, I’d like to do if when it’s dark but I think lining up before the party starts is probably my best option. I hear the line closing at 8pm.

I want to hit all the character trick treat trails, villians grove, the parade (most likely the 2nd), and meet lots of characters. Not fussed about riding rides or food. Will most likely eat while waiting for Sanderson sisters.

I’m coming for the party on the 2nd oct, I’ve heard CA is still ready warm right now, will it still be then? Jackets/sweaters on a evening or not? We froze our butts off in Feb.

Since the Sanderson sisters are a must do for you, I would honestly get to their meet and greet area as soon as it gets set up. When we went on the D23 night we went to the park at 3 and walked by the area where they would be meeting and it was not set up yet. If I recall correctly we walked past again around 4 or so and they started to set the area up. We roamed the park up until around 5;35 and got in the already massive line and at that point where we were at (benches by the stage where the Mad T Party used to be) cast member walked by and said it would be a 2 hour wait time with the ladies coming out right at 6ish..which he did not lie as we didn’t get to meet them until right around 8. They meet for 30 min at a time and take at most a 5-10 min break at the hour and half hour marks so that also played into the 2 hour wait time.

Long story short, if you want to meet them line up right when their area gets set up and they start allowing a line up so you aren’t eating too much of the party time waiting in line for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter