The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

This is definitely happening, I've seen a lot of reports of it over the last week on social media. I even just read about someone who sold one ticket on a local TV station's classified ad website in Utah. Disney tracked her down through the phone number in the ad, cancelled all her tickets (not just the one she sold), and revoked her magic key.

Personally, I'm glad to see Disney cracking down on the reselling.
Where did you read about that?

Where did you read about that?
I first read about in an OBB facebook group I belong to, which had a link to the person's page. She had posted publicly about it, so I was able to read her 1st hand account of what happened. It mostly piqued my interest because I live in Utah and have used those classifieds for other things, many times.

We went to Oogie Boogie Bash on Thursday, September 22nd. Here's my little review!

The original plan was to eat during the mix-in but we couldn't get an early check-in to our hotel (Desert Inn & Suites) so we ate chips & guac & salsa at Calaca Mamas (on Harbor Blvd) while we waited to check in at 3. We checked in at our hotel, dumped all our stuff, and got ready for the party. We were Ghost Hosts from Regions Beyond.

We got into DCA about 4:30. It was packed so we didn't bother to try to do anything and we weren't exactly hungry. My 18-year-old son wanted to meet the Kingdom Hearts characters, and if your 18-year-old wants to meet characters you make that your priority! ♥️ So we headed that way. Hubs & I wanted a beer and the line & mobile order return time at Bayside Brews was long so we went to Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, son got a piece of pizza and we got beers. Then we went to stand in line, we were about 4 parties back. A CM let us know that we could only take one pic per person or group, we couldn't do an individual pic and then a group pic. I understand where they are coming from but would have liked to have one of my son with them, he wanted to salute (like in the game) and then the 3 of us, for a total of 2 poses for 3 people, but it wasn't allowed. So we did separate pics.
KingdomHeartsZ.jpg
KindgomHeartsMD.jpg
So we got that out of the way early! They were really fun!

We hit our first treat trail: Dr. Facilier. Then we did the Magic Key holder trail. I wanted a pic of the three of us together.
GhostHosts.jpg

We walked by Sid's Treat Trail but my men didn't want to wait in the long line. So we got on TSMM with about a 10-15 minute wait.

We headed to Villain's Grove, it was a little bit early still, the app said 7:30 opening and it opened about 7:45 I believe (CMs did say there was a delay). But we figured we may as well wait now. While waiting we had to decide on food so we mobile ordered SmokeJumpers and headed there after Villain's Grove. We were going to order Flo's but by that time they had limited choices and Award Weiners was also out of the one thing I wanted to eat (I'm vegetarian so needed a plant-based option). So definitely order & eat early! SmokeJumpers was fine, I was able to get an Impossible Burger. We did that at about 8:15.

We went to Oogie Boogie's Treat Trail which is awesome. I'm glad we made it to that one! We missed it in 2021. We were going to hit up Cruella's trail but she was on a break, so we rode Monster's Inc. and when we came out Cruella was back!

We then headed to Cars Land and did RSRR in about 26 minutes total! Then we headed over to Guardians: Monsters After Dark, practically a walk on. Then we found a spot for the 10 pm parade, it was great! After that hubby & I headed to the Ernesto treat trail but my son wanted to ride Little Mermaid, so we split up. We also hit up the Malificent treat trail but she was in for the night already. At 11 pm we walked by the Villan's Grove line and it was all the way down to where the plane used to be.

All in all, super fun night! The 5 hours go so fast! We got our must-dos: Kingdom Hearts characters, Magic Key Photo, Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Villan's Grove, the parade, and Ernesto. And we got some rides in!

I first read about in an OBB facebook group I belong to, which had a link to the person's page. She had posted publicly about it, so I was able to read her 1st hand account of what happened. It mostly piqued my interest because I live in Utah and have used those classifieds for other things, many times.
I'm from Utah too and same! haha

We went to Oogie Boogie Bash on Thursday, September 22nd. Here's my little review!

The original plan was to eat during the mix-in but we couldn't get an early check-in to our hotel (Desert Inn & Suites) so we ate chips & guac & salsa at Calaca Mamas (on Harbor Blvd) while we waited to check in at 3. We checked in at our hotel, dumped all our stuff, and got ready for the party. We were Ghost Hosts from Regions Beyond.

We got into DCA about 4:30. It was packed so we didn't bother to try to do anything and we weren't exactly hungry. My 18-year-old son wanted to meet the Kingdom Hearts characters, and if your 18-year-old wants to meet characters you make that your priority! ♥️ So we headed that way. Hubs & I wanted a beer and the line & mobile order return time at Bayside Brews was long so we went to Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, son got a piece of pizza and we got beers. Then we went to stand in line, we were about 4 parties back. A CM let us know that we could only take one pic per person or group, we couldn't do an individual pic and then a group pic. I understand where they are coming from but would have liked to have one of my son with them, he wanted to salute (like in the game) and then the 3 of us, for a total of 2 poses for 3 people, but it wasn't allowed. So we did separate pics.
View attachment 705732
View attachment 705733

We hit our first treat trail: Dr. Facilier. Then we did the Magic Key holder trail. I wanted a pic of the three of us together.
View attachment 705734

We walked by Sid's Treat Trail but my men didn't want to wait in the long line. So we got on TSMM with about a 10-15 minute wait.

We headed to Villain's Grove, it was a little bit early still, the app said 7:30 opening and it opened about 7:45 I believe (CMs did say there was a delay). But we figured we may as well wait now. While waiting we had to decide on food so we mobile ordered SmokeJumpers and headed there after Villain's Grove. We were going to order Flo's but by that time they had limited choices and Award Weiners was also out of the one thing I wanted to eat (I'm vegetarian so needed a plant-based option). So definitely order & eat early! SmokeJumpers was fine, I was able to get an Impossible Burger. We did that at about 8:15.

We went to Oogie Boogie's Treat Trail which is awesome. I'm glad we made it to that one! We missed it in 2021. We were going to hit up Cruella's trail but she was on a break, so we rode Monster's Inc. and when we came out Cruella was back!

We then headed to Cars Land and did RSRR in about 26 minutes total! Then we headed over to Guardians: Monsters After Dark, practically a walk on. Then we found a spot for the 10 pm parade, it was great! After that hubby & I headed to the Ernesto treat trail but my son wanted to ride Little Mermaid, so we split up. We also hit up the Malificent treat trail but she was in for the night already. At 11 pm we walked by the Villan's Grove line and it was all the way down to where the plane used to be.

All in all, super fun night! The 5 hours go so fast! We got our must-dos: Kingdom Hearts characters, Magic Key Photo, Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Villan's Grove, the parade, and Ernesto. And we got some rides in!

YAY for Kingdom Hearts!! I'm 59 years old, and have played the game since the first one came out, so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

View attachment 705732
View attachment 705733

View attachment 705734

Yay! Love your lil mini report. So fun.

View attachment 705732
View attachment 705733

View attachment 705734

what time did you line up for kingdom hearts? Looks like you had a great time

what time did you line up for kingdom hearts? Looks like you had a great time
according to the app we took ours at 6:48 for the Kingdom hearts folks...was donald and mickey at first and then by the time we got to the front it was goofy and mickey

We went to the party on the 15th and didn't get into DCA until like 5pm due to our room being ready late and having to get ready for the party. We headed to pier to mobile order quesa birrea tacos and a Mac and Cheese bowl from Pacific warf Cafe. Our first stop after eating and making a game plan was to start in the back of the park which is opposite of where most people would enter from. This worked well for us. We went to see where Remy would be as I really wanted a pic with Remy. He was across from Incredicoaster but not out yet so we headed to Sid's line it was the longest treat trail we waited in all night then we back tracked to take pics with Remy. There were only a few people in line. After that we went past Sid toward Faciler and from there headed toward Bruno. There weren't too many people in line there either. We continued going toward oogy boogy and did all treat trails on our way. We didn't wait long in any of the treat trails. We went to line up for the Sanderson Sisters at 7:50 and waited for 45 minutes. My daughter rode Guardians monsters after dark with a 20 minute wait also. We headed past webslingers and onto Ernesto also not much of a line. We went through all the treat trails and watched the 2nd parade. We headed toward Villans Grove but decided we didn't want to go in at the end of the night and just exited through GCH. I think it was a good strategy to start at the back of the park. Watch the 2nd parade and line up for the Sandeson sisters during the 1st parade and eat during the mix in. I also think heading to Villans Grove right before the end of the party is the best strategy as to not waste time in line during the party. I did most of what I wanted. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited to add: the treat trail down the walk way in the main entrance they were giving away full size snickers with almonds and large rice crispy treats. In cars land they were also giving away large rice crispy treats.

Attachments

• 105344.jpeg
    105344.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220915_212333.jpg
    20220915_212333.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220915_231455.jpg
    20220915_231455.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220915_231650.jpg
    20220915_231650.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
It seems that riding any rides during OOB is not that important compared to treat lines, meeting characters and the parade. Should I assume that the ride lines are going to be really short all night?
Most of the ride lines are like 15-20 minutes accept for Cars. I saw Webslingers at 30 minutes also. You can look on the app for prior parties for the day of the week your going to get an idea of how it will be.

Probably already asked, but I couldn't find it. Does the name on the ticket matter? I put my daughter's name on a ticket before I knew if she could go or not since the tickets sell out so fast. She cannot go. I am bringing a friend. We're staying in the same room at the Grand. The tickets are on my account in my App. Will she be allowed to use the ticket that has my daughter's name?

Probably already asked, but I couldn't find it. Does the name on the ticket matter? I put my daughter's name on a ticket before I knew if she could go or not since the tickets sell out so fast. She cannot go. I am bringing a friend. We're staying in the same room at the Grand. The tickets are on my account in my App. Will she be allowed to use the ticket that has my daughter's name?
No, the name on the ticket does not matter and is not checked.

Got our bags for the party done and our shirts for our Disney day before. I love them!! Husband is dressing up as punisher, son is Jack, and I’m disbounding maleficent.

Attachments

• 2250A273-F6E6-4953-8E6C-AC2922D6FDBE.jpeg
    2250A273-F6E6-4953-8E6C-AC2922D6FDBE.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 809CCFD2-5D96-4EDA-9682-DBF0DCFC0D27.jpeg
    809CCFD2-5D96-4EDA-9682-DBF0DCFC0D27.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 20
I know you cannot resell tickets, but are you allowed to gift them? I have an extra ticket for October 4th and would rather give it to someone than let it go to waste.

I know you cannot resell tickets, but are you allowed to gift them? I have an extra ticket for October 4th and would rather give it to someone than let it go to waste.
Gifting a ticket is absolutely fine (and a very kind thing to do)! Donating to charity is also okay (e.g. Make a Wish, Children's Hospital of OC, etc.).

Because of the hurricane our trip will be starting early. I know we won't be able to get more OBB tickets, are there other Halloween-y things to do?

Because of the hurricane our trip will be starting early. I know we won't be able to get more OBB tickets, are there other Halloween-y things to do?
In Disneyland the fab four are dressed up in Halloween costumes, you can meet with Jack & Sally & you can ride the halloween/Christmas version of haunted mansion. There are also Halloween treats for purchase.

Pluto’s Pumpkin Hunt in DTD. Halloween overlay of Guardians (Monsters after Dark) starting every day at 3. Be sure to admire Halloween decor in Cars Land. There’s also an Oogie Boogie display in GCH lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter