The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per three insiders at WDWMagic.com - Rat in France by 2020. Pushed up due to delay on GoTG in UoE.

I have unofficial confirmation from multiple sources that Ratatouille has been green lit for France pavilion at Epcot. Expected to be announced at D23 this year, construction underway by the end of 2017, and opening in 2019/2020. Impressions de France may or may not stay. 3 options currently being considered, with one of those a complete removal of the film.

In other rumors;
- GoTG has been delayed, opening expected in 2021 as part of 50th anniversary celebrations.
- Rivers of Light set to close in Summer 2020 with a show featuring Disney characters coming as part of 50th celebrations too.
- Brazil and Spain pavilions are looking likely, with possible tie in for Spain pavilion with Gigantic if it is built. Brazil is current front runner.

Last edited:
I have unofficial confirmation from multiple sources that Ratatouille has been green lit for France pavilion at Epcot. Expected to be announced at D23 this year, construction underway by the end of 2017, and opening in 2019/2020. Impressions de France may or may not stay. 3 options currently being considered, with one of those a complete removal of the film.

In other rumors;
- GoTG has been delayed, opening expected in 2021 as part of 50th anniversary celebrations.
- Rivers of Light set to close in Summer 2020 with a show featuring Disney characters coming as part of 50th celebrations too.
- Brazil and Spain pavilions are looking likely, with Brazil a possibility by Summer 2018 to coincide with release of Gigantic.
So Martin, Jim Hill, and Magic Feather?

In other rumors;
- Brazil and Spain pavilions are looking likely, with Brazil a possibility by Summer 2018 to coincide with release of Gigantic.

Gigantic takes place in Spain so I highly doubt it would tie into a Brazil pavillion in World Showcase. However, other posters have indeed said Brazil is the front runner.

Per Martin and MagicFeather at WDWMagic.com:

Green light for Rat - plan is for theater to remain, but film may or may not be same of change or be gone. - 2020 timings
Coco to Mexico is in planning stages and could be ready by 2020 as well - not fully green lit
GotG in UoE is still a go, but pushed out for 2021 or 2022 for 50th anniversary plans
To date only one pavilion to be added by 2020 - lead expectation is Brazil - still not green lit
M:S is already expected and stated for this year for upgrades - story upgrade
New entrance update (move of tombstones) and spine work to not be completed until 50th timings

okay some interesting rumors hearing now....

Supposedly a water ride of some type is at least being looked at again in DHS. Not anywhere close to being done, but at least they are recognizing the need.
also, per Serpico - contact of a user at WDWMagic.com - Door coaster is being bandied about again as well

Per Martin - GotG in UoE is still on for in time of the 50th.
Coco to Mexico per Magicfeather and Martin for 2020 as well is still a real possibility. Not a simple refit either - could be much more involved.

There is a TL expansion pad too but the hasn't been talked about much. I think this is more likely for WDW than DL.

The child in me would hate for the Speedway to die; it was my dream to ride it growing up because it was one of the few places a kid could actually drive a car, regardless of the rail. But the pragmatist and the "ooh, shiny new stuff!!" part of me realizes TRON would be a much better fit for Tomorrowland and would be a sorely needed update for that section of the park. If they plan on bringing as much of this ride over as possible, they'll need as much of a footprint as possible.

Any idea on the themeing of said water ride?

EDIT:: Moana perhaps?? or Lilo and Stitch??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter