The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replacing the speedway makes sense but surely Tron would require far more land to accommodate.

It would make sense to put it in the space occupied by the old theatre - that cast member parking was originally marketed as temporary and it could allow for a permanent connection to Town Square in addition to the bypass.

Wow, all of these rumors of potential additions across the parks in the next few years before WDW's 50th sound fantastic!! If even just a few of them happen then there is a lot to look forward to! A Ratatouille ride in the France pavilion would be great, as would an entirely new pavilion. The Tron coaster in Tomorrowland would be fun too.

As it has been. But it is interesting that this rumor isn't dying.
And.......
Martin at WDWMagic.com has now stated it is an option for WDW. Not one of the favored options in TL, but an option. This is really, really getting interesting.

Coco to Mexico per Magicfeather and Martin for 2020 as well is still a real possibility. Not a simple refit either - could be much more involved.

Would they wait until it's at least RELEASED to see the reaction before green lighting?

I know they rushed to capitalize on Frozen fever and were WAY LATE (to say the least) with Little Mermaid, but seems like quite a risk to consider an attraction around something not even out yet.

Then again, could it be worse than what's been there (IMO eminently "skip-able" both originally and now)? :confused3

okay some interesting rumors hearing now....

Supposedly a water ride of some type is at least being looked at again in DHS. Not anywhere close to being done, but at least they are recognizing the need.
also, per Serpico - contact of a user at WDWMagic.com - Door coaster is being bandied about again as well

Per Martin - GotG in UoE is still on for in time of the 50th.
Coco to Mexico per Magicfeather and Martin for 2020 as well is still a real possibility. Not a simple refit either - could be much more involved.

Does Coco in Mexico mean that the 3 cabellaros are going to get replaced?

Would they wait until it's at least RELEASED to see the reaction before green lighting?

I know they rushed to capitalize on Frozen fever and were WAY LATE (to say the least) with Little Mermaid, but seems like quite a risk to consider an attraction around something not even out yet.

Then again, could it be worse than what's been there (IMO eminently "skip-able" both originally and now)? :confused3
To my knowledge it has yet to be greenlit. So yes, they may be waiting to do so until movie hits market. That being said, if it does as well as expected, and as well has Disney animated has gone, they will be ready to move quickly.

What do you mean?
There are only a few companies that build the actual rides. So if they go to a company and say We need a new ride for 2018, that compnay can say, "we would need to hire 20 more engineers and 40 testers to get it done by then. It will cost you". As it is, the companies that do this run through engineers pretty quickly, because it is a high stress job, with very tight schedules.

There are only a few companies that build the actual rides. So if they go to a company and say We need a new ride for 2018, that compnay can say, "we would need to hire 20 more engineers and 40 testers to get it done by then. It will cost you". As it is, the companies that do this run through engineers pretty quickly, because it is a high stress job, with very tight schedules.
While true Disney does use different companies in the different regions of the world the parks are in. Imagineering always does the majority of the design and creative work. Then there are companies Disney contracts to build them. I know of several that they use in Florida however I don't know if those companies also work in Anaheim. Take Star Wars for example. In Anaheim and Florida both are the same project however both coasts do have some different companies. They are not both using all of the same companies.

As per @CarouselOf on Twitter:

Tomorrowland Refurb
•New name "Discoveryland"
•3 or 4 new attractions
•A TRON RIDE (Not coaster… tbc)
•New Area Lighting
•New BGM

Thoughts on what the 3 or 4 new rides could be?

*Edit: They also mention on their Twitter that Carousel of Progress will see some upgrades and changes.

Im very against this then because I love the 3 cabellaros and they just added the 3 cabellaros animontronics at the end. I wish they just incorporate Coco in with the 3 cabellaros.

Though, I believe those are recycled animatronics from the Mickey Mouse Revue, so not like they just built them new for the ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter