• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

So...more as the stomach churns for Epcot - Per Martin and others at WDWMagic.com - UK and Coco are still in flux......

UK - could still range from spinner to small fantasyland like dark ride - "C" type ride.
Coco - has up to 3 options that range from simple overlay to more

Chance both could happen, chance one could happen, if it is one expectation is UK is the winner. Per one insider he was told UK was locked and loaded...but others have heard still in flux.

All agree movement will start soon, as they want to hit the summer of 2020 deadline.

So...more as the stomach churns for Epcot - Per Martin and others at WDWMagic.com - UK and Coco are still in flux......

UK - could still range from spinner to small fantasyland like dark ride - "C" type ride.

Chance both could happen, chance one could happen, if it is one expectation is UK is the winner. Per one insider he was told UK was locked and loaded...but others have heard still in flux.

All agree movement will start soon, as they want to hit the summer of 2020 deadline.
Say one of these attractions or both are greenlit for a 2020 opening, when should we expect an announcement of some sort? I would like to think it would be soon.

Not necessarily. Disney will announce when they feel its the right time. That could be after construction has already began.
My guess is these could be projects that get announced around the same time as the next pieces being added to Universal as long as it's not a major addition.

One more tidbit - per MagicFeather - IF the dark ride gets approval for UK - think on scale of Alice in wonderland after upgrades at DL??? Never been on it so not sure what that means...

One more tidbit - per MagicFeather - IF the dark ride gets approval for UK - think on scale of Alice in wonderland after upgrades at DL??? Never been on it so not sure what that means...
It means it will be a kiddy ride. It has individual cars that can rotate on axis, going through scenes like mr toad, or peter pan. It also changes elevation very gradually. Certainly could be entertaining if done right, but not to be confused with a thrill ride.

It means it will be a kiddy ride. It has individual cars that can rotate on axis, going through scenes like mr toad, or peter pan. It also changes elevation very gradually. Certainly could be entertaining if done right, but not to be confused with a thrill ride.
that makes sense, scope was called out as "C" at best.

I believe in the refurbishment in 2014 they added a lot of digital effects, so my guess is that is what they meant: so not totally just the really old school dark rides, but something combining old with the new

a.k.a. - there will be screens

Doesn’t this Poppins ride go against itself from the start when the next pavilion along has Ratatooie which is a much more exciting and interesting ride?

Doesn’t this Poppins ride go against itself from the start when the next pavilion along has Ratatooie which is a much more exciting and interesting ride?
Not following your point here. They are different rides and appeal to different guests.

I’ve never been on Alice but I seen vidoes, if it’s on that scale I will be very happy. That’s what I was expecting this ride to be anyway.

Maybe instead of "like" Mr. Toad, they could just bring that ride back ;)

I know, not going to happen.

However, a dark ride like that would be nice, and could fit Marry Poppins well.

Maybe instead of "like" Mr. Toad, they could just bring that ride back ;)

I know, not going to happen.

However, a dark ride like that would be nice, and could fit Marry Poppins well.
While I love the history and lore of Mr Toad - if we can't have the redhead scene in Pirates, do you really think they will bring back the drunk driving toad that ends up burning in h*ll? I am still shocked every time i ride that at DL that anyone ever thought that was a good idea for a kiddie ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter