• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I love the history and lore of Mr Toad - if we can't have the redhead scene in Pirates, do you really think they will bring back the drunk driving toad that ends up burning in h*ll? I am still shocked every time i ride that at DL that anyone ever thought that was a good idea for a kiddie ride.

Hmmm...maybe that's why my mom used to not be a huge fan...I loved it, and we'd ride it at least three times a trip, but I only vaguely remember the h*ll part. I really liked the Snow White dark ride too.

While I love the history and lore of Mr Toad - if we can't have the redhead scene in Pirates, do you really think they will bring back the drunk driving toad that ends up burning in h*ll? I am still shocked every time i ride that at DL that anyone ever thought that was a good idea for a kiddie ride.
It was my FAVORITE ride as a kid before Splash opened! But look how I turned out. ;) I also love Snow White's Scary Adventures.

One more tidbit - per MagicFeather - IF the dark ride gets approval for UK - think on scale of Alice in wonderland after upgrades at DL??? Never been on it so not sure what that means...
In case anyone wants to see the sort of caliber Alice in Wonderland at DLR is;
I'd be quite happy to see this sort of ride added to the UK pavilion! Looks pretty awesome for a C Ticket :)

I would love to see an Alice-style attraction in the UK area at Epcot. The Alice ride at Disneyland is one of the few rides I remember riding when I was a toddler. I like the updates it has had over the years. So if a Mary Poppins ride is similar, I think it would be a fun attraction.

I loved the old Alice. I looked at a bit of the new Alice video but didn't want to get too spoiled as I may be going to DL in a few weeks. I would be very excited to see a new Alice-type ride in the UK

Latest on UK -

Mary Poppins dark ride has been approved and work will begin within 6 months.

I hope this is true. World Showcase could certainly use a couple of more attractions to help draw the crowds out of Future World a bit.

Latest on innoventions

Buildings possibly staying with a remodel. They would remain as used now. Meet and greets, merchandise, possible dining, and maybe more.

This wouldn't be totally disappointing. I don't mind the buildings so much, a bit of a remodel could do them wonders, just get something inside of them so that they aren't empty.

I really do hope that they go ahead with the Coco overlay of Gran Fiesta Tour. While I enjoy that ride, Coco seems like a no brainer to me, perfect fit, madly popular, no doubt it will drive merch sales.

In case anyone wants to see the sort of caliber Alice in Wonderland at DLR is;
I'd be quite happy to see this sort of ride added to the UK pavilion! Looks pretty awesome for a C Ticket :)
LOOOOVE this! I think it would be harder to pull off with a live action movie though, its kind of what bothers me about Gran Fiesta Tour

LOOOOVE this! I think it would be harder to pull off with a live action movie though, its kind of what bothers me about Gran Fiesta Tour

Well, they already have animatronics for Mary Poppins from the Great Movie Ride ;)

And with screens and projections, you could do some cool stuff.

I would love to see an Alice-style attraction in the UK area at Epcot. The Alice ride at Disneyland is one of the few rides I remember riding when I was a toddler. I like the updates it has had over the years. So if a Mary Poppins ride is similar, I think it would be a fun attraction.
Just to be clear here - UK is IP of Mary Poppins NOT Alice - just the ride system or level will be equivalent to Alice in DL IF they go the dark ride.

This wouldn't be totally disappointing. I don't mind the buildings so much, a bit of a remodel could do them wonders, just get something inside of them so that they aren't empty.

It seems like in the early days of the park they had a lot more areas with things (technology) to explore and hands-on type things - be it Cominicore or Imageworks or whatever. They still have a few things scattered around but they are often pretty out of date at this point - revamping that concept I think would be great and could work within the current physical structures

yeah, and unfortunately a pretty convincing one apparently as I feel like I see someone posting that Coco overlay of the HM story every other day either here or on Facebook
I wonder if that is the resource of the Tangled ride into small world 'rumor' that I get asked about at work on a bi weekly basis as of late

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter