• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: I don't actually run late enough that often to take advantage of the time change. :) Although I did run a couple of times around 3:30-4:00 and in the middle of winter that would have been late enough to start needing my light vest. But normally the only time I wear it is Wednesday nights for my run group because we run from 6:00-7:00 and last Wednesday got snowed out by a nor'easter. And I think tonight is going to be too!

I posted this on the Marathon 2019 thread. I emailed RunDisney about the POT back in February and they replied. Interesting that it has been well over a month and the site has still not been updated with the correct date:

We appreciate your inquiry regarding proof of time dates for the 2019
Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend. We have researched with our
Registration Team and they confirmed that the Proof of Time dates
currently listed on runDisney.com are incorrect and they are working on
getting the correct dates posted. The correct date that should be listed
is any officially timed race reflecting results after January 1, 2017
can be used.

I emailed them this week to clear some things up. One of my questions was about this as well and they stated that they would update it when right before registration opens up... so in less then a month I guess they will fix it.

QOTD: Now that the time change has happened, are you enjoying getting your afternoon runs in when the suns still up?
ATTQOTD: Life prevents me from running after work, so I am looking forward to 6am sunrise and less muddy trails..... May? I love the extra daylight for weekends chasing my kids on their bikes (wow do my shins hurt after that 3 hour sprint workout!) but hate it because who wants to go to bed?

ATTQOTD: I prefer morning runs, so the afternoon light hasn't affected me much. Plus, some days I don't get home until after it starts to get dark. Because subways...

Side note: I'm starting to think my office is closed and nobody told me. I know not everyone shows up at 9 (flexible hours), but ... I'm one of like 3 people here. Nobody else from my team is here. It's eerily silent around here. (I can see the window from my seat and the snow does look a little bad, so I guess I understand people not coming in)

ATTQOTD: I love, love, love the time change! Having a new puppy has interfered with a few of my afternoon/evening runs, but I'm so glad that I don't have to rush home and change now. Running before work is not an option for me based on where I live, and I can't get all my runs done during my lunch break sometimes so the evening always works best.

ATTQOTD: I did not even know that they had marathons on TV :sad2:

But last weekend I listened to Shalane Flanagan through one of the Nike Run App Guided Run. It was fun to hear how she felt about that NYC Marathon.
I believe she will be running Boston on the 22nd of April. She is a Boston native so I'd love to see her win that too. She is the perfect representation of what Boston is all about. I believe the Boston Marathon will be on NBC Sports this year.

ATTQOTD: Here in Florida, it's pretty dreadful to do an afternoon or evening run with it being so hot all the time. So an afternoon run is out of the question. The time change sucks because when I run at 7am it's still dark.

QOTD: Now that the time change has happened, are you enjoying getting your afternoon runs in when the suns still up?

I rarely run in the afternoon/evenings. I'm up early everyday (5-6am - even on weekends) so once dinner time rolls around I'm tired. 5pm is pajama time for me LOL!

I believe she will be running Boston on the 22nd of April. She is a Boston native so I'd love to see her win that too. She is the perfect representation of what Boston is all about. I believe the Boston Marathon will be on NBC Sports this year.
(I think Boston is the 16th, just in case you need to set your dvr ;) )

I prefer to be a morning runner. I actually liked the sun coming up earlier in the morning. I have a headlamp, but I'd rather not wear it... so now my pre-work runs are darker. Running after work is okay, but I like knowing that when I get to work I've already done more than most people in the office. I don't get to have that feeling when I run after work. lol

ATTQOTD: Morning runner here. But I'm loving getting home when it's still daylight. We were able to go walk to the dogs together as a family at dusk last week and it was lovely. Now we're about to go on another walk... in the snow.

ATTQOTD: It depends on my schedule. I usually try to be a morning runner, though that more often turns into mid-morning. But I also work night shifts so it being light longer means that I can still get a run in before it gets dark on my transition days.

ATTQOTD: I hate DST with every fiber of my being, so I literally change my schedule to deal with it - instead of working 8a-5p, now I work 9a-6 to keep my day on the same cycle as EST :) So while my evening runs are technically an hour later by the clock, they're still happening at the same time of day. I'd like some kind of reverse DST where we fall back a couple hours in summer, so I could run at sunset without having to wait until bedtime to do it. :headache:

Generally I prefer to run first thing in the morning, so I'm annoyed it's darker then now. But lately I've had more evening run so I am thankful it's still light then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter