The Running Thread -- 2022

😂😂

DH is an electrician, so I get to hear all the fun stories for service calls where he literally changes a light bulb or re-sets a Gfi on an outlet.

Breakers can and do go bad over time, so if it becomes an ongoing issue, that could be a relatively simple fix.

My treadmill specifically says to NOT use a GFI outlet or breaker because the surges in how much power it draws use can cause it to trip.

That being said, sometimes stuff trips for no apparent reason, like our microwave yesterday.
The lights in one of my ceiling fans kept going off right after I switched them on, and I couldn’t figure it out. The electrician came and found out I was using lights with too high a power. Oops!

October 2022 Training Summary

Running duration = 35:11 hours
Running mileage = 257.8 miles
Average Pace = 8:11 min/mile (about 45 sec/mile slower than marathon PR)
Average HR = 129 (16 bpm less than marathon)
Total Ascent/Mile = 36.1 ft/mi
Strength Training = 3:29 hours
Total Training Time = 38:41 hours

G Training = Girls on the Run

Coming into the end of my 30 week Canova Marathon training plan. I've continued to hold my highest level of fitness for the last two months or so. That's a stark difference from the last time I hit near this fitness level in 2017. It was more fleeting and harder to hold. It still remains to be seen how everything will play out on Nov 13th, but my body is cooperating. This marks four consecutive months of 240+ miles running, which is the first time I've pulled that off. As the temps have cooled off, and the focus has turned to endurance intensity the average pace per month has dropped since June from 9:08, 8:45, 8:32, 8:22, to 8:11 with a fitness estimated marathon pace of 7:02 (although I'm not convinced that's feasible).

G and I have her GOTR 5k next weekend. She's excited to race with her friends, and then get down to training towards the Princess 5k.

October Totals
161.76 miles
11:29 mile avg pace
921.3 miles for year

My highest training month ever. I seem to be managing my cranky IT Band pretty well so it hasn’t caused me to miss any runs. I did bail early on my run today in the FL heat. I was dying! A little scared about the half next weekend. UGH.

October 2022 totals
Distance: 156km (97mi)
Average pace: 6m24s/km (10:17/mi)
YTD: 1690km on 2022km

This month started with a great marathon which also concluded my 2022 racing season. We are preparing the costumes for our next event: The Springtime Surprise Challenge! We are enjoying Autumn while running easy.

October Running

Miles: 100.11
Time: 16:55:07
Avg Pace: 10:13
Avg HR: 143

Scraping by with another 100-mile month in the lead-up to Dopey. Feeling pretty good, but November will be tough with the increased mileage plus my DH is unavailable a lot due to hunting, so finding time for runs on the weekends will be hard.

I know the real mileage will be in the next 6-7 weeks before taper. I can't believe it is almost November already!

October 2022
Running distance: 151.84 miles
Running time: 24:38:33
Average pace: 9:44 per mile
Strength training: 2:28:39
Core: 1:03:55
Total training time: 28:04:59

Last month was 103 miles; this month is 152 :oops: That's what you get when you start marathon training and switch from 4 to 6 days of running per week!

October running:
Total Distance: 160.7 mi
Average pace: 10:44/mi

I've been following my DopeyBadger plan for my half on Nov 19. I was sticking really closely but this past month I started shaving. a mile off here and there when my work schedule just got too hectic. Trying to tell myself it's a sign of personal growth that I'm not so compulsive...
Also hit 1000 miles for 2022 and am on pace to juuuuuust miss 2022km for the year.

So I just spent some time going through the closet
2 pairs of shoes for the trash
4 pairs to the pile of wear around the yard until they are trash
1 for the I can walk around Disney in these
3 currently in rotation all with less than 200 miles on them
thinking about stocking up on this years Wave Rider as prices drop as I’m not impressed with the new version that just dropped
What is wrong with me?
I’ve had more sneakers in the last couple years than my entire non running life

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter