The Running Thread -- 2022

October Miles = 151

Good month. I hit all my training runs for January's marathon. Bring on the long runs in November and December!!

I also upgraded my Series 5 Apple Watch to the new Apple Watch Ultra this month. I know the Garmin's are superior for running, but the Apple watch has worked out fine and the Ultra brings it closer to the Garmin. For me, the ability to stream music outweighs the Garmin's great running features.

January Miles = 139
February Miles = 108
March Miles = 145
April Miles = 115
May Miles = 146
June Miles = 106
July Miles = 137
August = 151
September = 119

2022 total miles = 1,317

October Summary
Running Miles: 68.85
Running Time: 12:18:41
Average Pace: 10:43/mi
Average HR: 148/min
YTD Running Miles: 1,520.32

Extras:
Walking Miles: 37.38
Rolling 12mo Running Miles: 1,865.59

October was a singularly disastrous running month for me. My running mileage is the lowest since April, 2019, and it broke a streak of 32 months with >125 miles. I ended up having to take more than two full weeks off due to problems with my posterior tibialis that I'm not sure have resolved yet. I've got a PT appointment this morning to get it checked out and dry needled again and hope to get a test run in tonight. If this doesn't resolve it, I don't know what the next steps are and I'll probably have to fall back to the elliptical to try to stay as ready for MW as possible. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that!

Anyone else with scheduled runs today do them in costume? I wore my Cinderella outfit from the 2022 Princess Half for my easy run around the neighborhood
I was planning on it, but I ended up needing to wear my hydration vest, which covered up so much it defeated the purpose of wearing a costume at all. Did see a lot of elementary kids and staff around the schools in costumes, so that was cute.

How did it compare to the mulching bonus hours earlier in the year? 😁
I only had about 12 hours of laying mulch, but leaves are easier since it’s mostly just walking around (and around and around) with the blower, and running up to the garage every half hour to switch batteries.

I won a contest for accommodations and entry to the London marathon. This January and February, I’m doing the Goofy Challenge and the Princess Half Marathon. @DopeyBadger Do you think that I could feasibly train for London in April or should I pass up this prize?
You do NOT pass up the opportunity to run London! There are people who’ve been trying for decades to get into that race. It’s literally a grail race for many. Congratulations on the contest win. I’m very jealous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter