The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Great job. Did you cit Mickey on a scroll saw? Fantastic job if you did.

Is that an up close pic or do you have big key rings?

j

Actually was cut out using a coping saw. And yes they are bigger shaker pegs, the DW and I have caribiners on our keys to hang them.

Great job. Did you cit Mickey on a scroll saw? Fantastic job if you did.

Is that an up close pic or do you have big key rings?

j
Jim didn't you see the pics of his rig or are you just forgetting the comments of both of you being side by side in 400 loop and having it tip over ( Thank you member of Congress for that vital bit of basic Earth Science I wouldn't have known about otherwise) Of course he needs Large Pegs for his Keys

Well finishing up another weekend of camping. The nephews joined us this time and have had a good time. Had a problem with my GFCI outlets, but seems to be working now. Outdoor kitchen is great for little kids. And still working on packing stuff, moving stuff around finding out what works best. Next camping trip......The Fort !!!

Well finishing up another weekend of camping. The nephews joined us this time and have had a good time. Had a problem with my GFCI outlets, but seems to be working now. Outdoor kitchen is great for little kids. And still working on packing stuff, moving stuff around finding out what works best. Next camping trip......The Fort !!!
Do you have a picture of the outdoor kitchen? Or did I miss it in a previous post?
Love hearing your updates. We are still just very casually looking at campers. My husband right now is loving the Keystone Hideout. We only have a Ford Flex, so we can't have anything too big..

Do you have a picture of the outdoor kitchen? Or did I miss it in a previous post?
Love hearing your updates. We are still just very casually looking at campers. My husband right now is loving the Keystone Hideout. We only have a Ford Flex, so we can't have anything too big..

Sleepy425, here are pictures of my outdoor kitchen, we do not have a stove or grill in the kitchen. Our grill is mounted to the rear bumper. This allows us to have drinks for the nephews in the fridge and they can wash their hands in the sink also.
20170806_153716[4460].jpeg

20170806_153735[4459].jpeg
The apple to the right on a command hook is a lightweight cutting board. The spice rack I had made before our first trip to Disney for our old travel trailer.

Ok, so camping trip done, trailer unloaded, kind of, and now to ship the nephews back to their parents and we can get down to the business of getting ready for Disney.
Time to start making my lists and checking it twice and triple check that it is packed.

Last edited:

@Sargsquiggle,

:welcome: to the Fort home on the DIS. There are going to be quite a few of us there at the same time. Tell us more about your plans.

j

I was a little reluctant to post on here but decided to man up. We will have our first stay in Fort Wilderness Sept. 3rd thru Sept. 9th.... at the cabins. I know the cabins are nice and it is still in the Fort, but I am a big (yes I am large also) tent camper. Just got a 10 person tent last year to replace the old one and have only used it 3 times due to...well the wife hates camping. 16 years and she still won't budge, especially after about 4 attempts to camp. It is my secret shame. I have an awesome queen airbed, a badass Coleman camping lantern that I got for Xmas, and every cool camping item I could find, yet I am relegated to the cabins. But it was the only way to get to stay at the Fort finally so I caved. But I know we will still have fun. She is letting me rent a golf cart too which is cool, least she can do after she made me sell my popup years ago. :sad2: But I am excited for my first trip to the Fort. Hope to see you guys there. And yes, most of this is me being funny, but I do love that tent camping. :-)

Cool. Same here for my family. We are new to camping and figured Disney would be a good "one of our first trips"

Wow, talk about go big or go home. First trip is to Disney, gonna be hard to follow that up anywhere.

@Sargsquiggle,

:welcome: to the Fort home on the DIS. There are going to be quite a few of us there at the same time. Tell us more about your plans.

j[/QUOTE
We have made many trips to WDW over the years but this is our first at the Fort. Bought a 2001 Georgie Boy MH in Feb. and made one trip to Gulf Shores and stayed in a couple of Alabama State Parks but this is the tip we have been looking forward to. Plan on leaving after work on Friday the 15TH and drive for about 4 hours and stay the night someplace then drive the rest of the way on Saturday. Check-in early Sunday morning. What loops are the best 100 and 200? We don't want to be in the back 40 away from everything so what are suggestions?

Looking forward to seeing these again......40 days.
IMG_6527.JPG
IMG_1769.jpg
Second picture from wdwinfo, as I did not have one of the building handy. Thanks to them.

40 days, a lot to do, laundry being done, packing clothes. Shopping for dinner, pick up our new griddle. But this weekend we have to interrupt the Disney planning for a trip to the Airshow !!! First one that has been held at AVP in about 17 years. Camera's are ready and hope to get some good photo's.

Love catching up on the trip reports. It has been a busy year for me. I have had a lot going on and some ups and downs along the way. But things are back on the up and we have the winter trip booked only 2 weeks after I return from Seattle for my nieces wedding. But the plus side, I get to do Disney on my birthday again!!!

Keep posting so I can get my Disney fill till the next trip in October!!!

Love catching up on the trip reports. It has been a busy year for me. I have had a lot going on and some ups and downs along the way. But things are back on the up and we have the winter trip booked only 2 weeks after I return from Seattle for my nieces wedding. But the plus side, I get to do Disney on my birthday again!!!

Keep posting so I can get my Disney fill till the next trip in October!!!

Had not heard from you, figured you were very busy. Glad to hear you have a trip booked, and a wedding in Seattle sounds like a good time. We all have those up and downs, but keep a smile on, keep camping and well a trip to Disney never hurts.

I'm following along with Chris. We are going up to the Illinois State Fair this weekend to see the Pentatonix. Nice opportunity to stay at a SP close to the fair. Brought the camper home tonight to get the frige cooled down and took the opportunity to do a little decorating for Disney.

20170809_195823-1209x1612.jpg 20170809_195811-1209x1612.jpg
I think we are almost ready.

j​

Last edited:

Sargsquiggle, when you click "reply" and it quotes/copies the text to the input box, type your response AFTER the quote (outside of it as it were) so that we can see your response.

"Best" loops are a matter of opinion and it matters what level of campsite you reserved (Premium, Preferred, Full, Tent). For Premium, 400 and 700 put you near Trails End and the boat dock. 600, 800-100 are all near the Meadow Trading Post and Pool. For Preferred, 100 and 200 near TE and dock. By design the Fulls are in the back 40, so to speak. It just depends on what you want.

Bama Ed

PS - see the Fort map with loop numbers in this thread in post #8 to see what loops are where:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter