• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Transatlantic ruined cruising for me!

Wow, I just fell in love with the WBTA next year from England to NYC. We are currently booked on a 5 night out of NYC To Bermuda Cat 5C for $3400. About $1400 more for 6 more nights on WBTA.
Would love to do that cruise, But I would have to add airfare and a few nights in London, etc. Plus, more ports with excursions.

So, even though it seems like a bargain in the end it's a much more expensive cruise. Someday!!!

Totally agree. We have done four transatlantic crossings. They are the best. Hope to do many more.

The price for this year's WBTA was less than we paid in 2007 for the same stateroom. Granted, it's 3 nights less, but was still almost $2,000 cheaper!

What we paid for our upcoming TA is very close to what we paid for our first cruise which was a 3 night on the Dream (holiday cruise)!
Wow! The holiday cruises definitely add to the cost. I would rather have more sea or port days and celebrate the holidays at home!

I totally understand. I have been on many 7 days and two 4 nights which PALED in comparison! I will never sail under 7 days again. ::MickeyMo

The Panama Canal cruise was awesome. A whole day of sailing by land and other ships, seeing wildlife in the lands you pass and relaxing in the pool. They even threw a BBQ on deck.

I could live on a ship -- I love the ocean. Best set of days on a cruise was on the Magic -- 24 days -- 10 day Med cruise and then the 14 day Transatlantic (all in the same room). Loved all that time on the ship -- and six whole sea days. We never get bored and just love the relaxation of sea days.

We loved our Panama Canal cruise and are looking forward to spending 18 nights on the Magic next year (British Isles/WBTA). Your 24 days sounds like heaven to me.

We did the 15 night EBTA and now I wish the WBTA 2018 we booked was a bit longer!
I would love to do a 15 night TA--where were the ports? We're booked for the WBTA in 2 weeks and I can't wait!! It's our first TA and cruise that's longer than 7 days. We started cruising with 7 days and I'm afraid this will TOTALLY ruin 7 days for me!!

We loved our Panama Canal cruise and are looking forward to spending 18 nights on the Magic next year (British Isles/WBTA). Your 24 days sounds like heaven to me.
We are doing 18 nights on the Magic too for the British Isles and the Transatlantic. It will be our third TA, I do love the longer cruises.

I would love to do a 15 night TA--where were the ports? We're booked for the WBTA in 2 weeks and I can't wait!! It's our first TA and cruise that's longer than 7 days. We started cruising with 7 days and I'm afraid this will TOTALLY ruin 7 days for me!!
Port Canaveral - Ponta Delgada, Azores - Portland, UK - Dover, UK - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Copenhagen, Denmark :D

Wife and I did the WB Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder in 2011.
We also love the longer cruises and the more sea days the better. All of our cruises since then have been 7 nights or shorter, until next year; 10 night Norwegian Fjord and Iceland. :yay:Hopefully someday we will be able to book a TA cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter