The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would they tear down beach club?
Everyone keeps saying stuff like this, so much that there seems to be a consensus that they're going to "tear down and gut" all of the 2042 resorts when those contracts expire. They didn't tear down the Contemporary in 2021 so I'm not sure why they would tear down Beach Club in 2042.

I have always liked the atmosphere and theming at Port Orleans. I think that theme would make for a good DVC.

Thanks agree.

This seller is valuing the banked points too high.
Going hold and see what the Mouse has instore for direct points, and what the new inventory may do to resale. I'm not in a hurry. Either way , I'm going to have try my luck at this point for the 7 month window to attempt New Years 2023 rez at VGF.
Go ahead and get a cash room. You can always cancel. And if you decide to buy direct have them transfer it to points.

Everyone keeps saying stuff like this, so much that there seems to be a consensus that they're going to "tear down and gut" all of the 2042 resorts when those contracts expire. They didn't tear down the Contemporary in 2021 so I'm not sure why they would tear down Beach Club in 2042.
Right it seems odd to tear down the building. Refurbish the rooms and resell the points like pine key and make a great profit

At some point they have to stop, right?

Once all those 2040 contracts end they’re going to have a ton of inventory to try to move.
Not to mention at some point they will have more rooms then space available in parks. Will Disney not allow outside stays to get tickets at some point? That would be devious.

I would love YC to be next!
I think a lot of people would love this. Unfortunately, this only applies to resorts that have struggled to sell their cash rooms, i.e., a portion of WL to CCV, VGF2, etc. I think BCV and YC are probably doing just fine selling their cash rooms. I wish Grand Cal would reallocate another wing for DVC, but it's never going to happen because the demand for the cash rooms are sky high.

Not to mention at some point they will have more rooms then space available in parks. Will Disney not allow outside stays to get tickets at some point? That would be devious.
I see what you're saying, but technically, the parks division could care less if there are too many rooms being created by DVD. They're totally separate divisions and from DVD's perspective, all they're obligated to provide are accomodations.

Last edited:
If DLT sells well, couldn’t they try something similar at beach club down the line? Tear down the wing, and find a way to add a tower with a relatively small footprint, with access to the great pool, that they wouldn’t need to build because it’s already there and everyone loves it?
Or build the tower with its own stormalong bay, and we’d all buy in! There would still be alot of love for BCV but they’d have more rooms to sell.

Probably means nothing and I’m reading into things too much but the gfv video on dvc site main page saying coming soon is now replaced with riv image and video

or….

video is down because sales starting very soon and new banner going up

If DLT sells well, couldn’t they try something similar at beach club down the line? Tear down the wing, and find a way to add a tower with a relatively small footprint, with access to the great pool, that they wouldn’t need to build because it’s already there and everyone loves it?
Or build the tower with its own stormalong bay, and we’d all buy in! There would still be alot of love for BCV but they’d have more rooms to sell.
SAB has a hard enough time absorbing crowds as it is, I don't think increasing the guest count of people using that pool would be viable.

Probably means nothing and I’m reading into things too much but the gfv video on dvc site main page saying coming soon is now replaced with riv image and video

or….

Just checked and VGF is still there for me.

SAB has a hard enough time absorbing crowds as it is, I don't think increasing the guest count of people using that pool would be viable.
If they put a small footprint tower there, then maybe they could add another fun pool with SAB elements, or a lazy river. I think it would be immensely popular, and enable DVC to monetize the BCV goodwill at an entirely different level.

If they put a small footprint tower there, then maybe they could add another fun pool with SAB elements, or a lazy river. I think it would be immensely popular, and enable DVC to monetize the BCV goodwill at an entirely different level.

Unless Disney decides to close their water parks their pretty unlikely to do anything that is close to SAB again.

I would love YC to be next!
I think a lot of people would love this. Unfortunately, this only applies to resorts that have struggled to sell their cash rooms, i.e., a portion of WL to CCV, VGF2, etc. I think BCV and YC are probably doing just fine selling their cash rooms. I wish Grand Cal would reallocate another wing for DVC, but it's never going to happen because the demand for the cash rooms are sky high.
YC would be great but there's no room to construct a new building, even one as small as BCV. In addition, YC doesn't have a lot of rooms. As you note, with the convention center connected to the YC and close location to Epcot, Disney usually fills the Y&BC.

After the Big Pine Key conversion, here's the room count at the Deluxe Resorts:
  • Boardwalk Inn = 372 rooms
  • Wilderness Lodge = 430 rooms
  • Polynesian = 479 rooms
  • Beach Club = 583 rooms
  • Yacht Club = 621 rooms
  • Contemporary = 655 rooms
  • Grand Floridian = 668 rooms
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge = 943 rooms
By far, AKL is the largest Deluxe Resort. There are 343 rooms (nearly all Studios) on the 4th floor at AKL. With the 5th & 6th floors already DVC, the most obvious thing to do is convert the 4th floor to DVC. The issue with those is that the contract ends in 2057.

Another option is to convert the remaining Boardwalk Inn into DVC. Like Wilderness Lodge, these could be treated differently than BWV, especially since it's physically separate from the existing BWV. (Similar to how BRV and CCV are different DVC resorts.) The issue here is that the Boardwalk has a smallish conference center, and Disney likes to have a ready supply of nearby rooms available for this.

Last edited:

or….

I also see RIV now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter