The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are not going to tear down the old resorts when they just update. Maybe knock down sound walls to open up the front foyer but other than that it's not changing
Why wouldn’t they consider tearing down a 40-50 year old building in 2042 and adding more rooms in a larger structure? It’s cheaper than building a new resort from scratch, and would certainly generate a ton of interest. They’re not going to just slap a new coat of paint on it.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn’t they consider tearing down a 40-50 year old building in 2042 and adding more rooms in a larger structure? It’s cheaper than building a new resort from scratch, and would certainly generate a ton of interest. They’re not going to just slap a new coat of paint on it.
[/QUOTE]

I agree that a renovation will happen. As long as a building is structurally sound, there is no reason to tear down. I still wonder if we won't see some level of conversion of BC and BWI rooms prior to 2042 into DVC so they can sell those and have them ready to go when BCV and BWV end...then renovate the current DVC side of the buildings..

Sort of what was done with Poly...take a few floors offline, change into DVC..and now you have your new resort in the same location being developed during those last few years!

I planted the seed today in Dh’s mind to add on at GFV2. He is not a Disney person and does not like GF at all. He comes on trips now bc we have small kids but I could definitely see him stopping in a few years. My older DD17 and I love GF and would stay there every time. We are staying at VGF on a girls trip in Feb. to do the Princess 10k. I would love to add on around 50 points so we can continue our RunDisney girls trip.
He didn’t look thrilled at the idea. Hoping I can wear him down. I am jealous of everyone who has spouses that support your addonitis. Pretty sure my husband thinks I’m crazy every time I mentioning adding on. But he wasn’t complaining when we stayed in a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek last month.

I know how you feel. We just purchased our first DVC contract. I have 2 college age kids and a 12 year old. I dragged my husband to Disney for the first time when we started dating. We would go every other year when the kids were little, but then starting going every year and more when the kids got a bit older, but hubby began skipping the Disney vacations and would only go once in a while. I have been bringing up DVC to him for over a decade and have finally wore him down. I am now starting to plant the seed of adding on with a GF2 contract but don't know if this is just a futile endeavor. We are going to Disney for my birthday weekend beginning of March. Hoping to show him an unforgettable time :love::hug:, and then drag him to a DVC presentation :P.

For about a week, I was seeing DVC ads on Instagram for VGF2. Now I’m seeing Aulani and “don’t miss out on the savings!” Ads for the current promos and like others said, I was seeing VGF2 on the DVC website but now just see RIV. I wonder what it all means?! I’m planning to buy in once it’s available and eagerly waiting to hand over my money to DVC 😂 Been on the fence about it for a few years, really wanted VGF but didn’t want to buy because I knew how limited studios were. So this addition is perfect for me. And don’t tell my husband but I’m already scheming on a small add on contract at DLT. Fingers crossed the pricing really is close to the current prices. Even for a diehard fan like me, it would be hard to justify too much higher.

For about a week, I was seeing DVC ads on Instagram for VGF2. Now I’m seeing Aulani and “don’t miss out on the savings!” Ads for the current promos and like others said, I was seeing VGF2 on the DVC website but now just see RIV. I wonder what it all means?! I’m planning to buy in once it’s available and eagerly waiting to hand over my money to DVC 😂 Been on the fence about it for a few years, really wanted VGF but didn’t want to buy because I knew how limited studios were. So this addition is perfect for me. And don’t tell my husband but I’m already scheming on a small add on contract at DLT. Fingers crossed the pricing really is close to the current prices. Even for a diehard fan like me, it would be hard to justify too much higher.

Still have the Coming Soon and video for VGF. Weird that some members do not.

I agree that a renovation will happen. As long as a building is structurally sound, there is no reason to tear down. I still wonder if we won't see some level of conversion of BC and BWI rooms prior to 2042 into DVC so they can sell those and have them ready to go when BCV and BWV end...then renovate the current DVC side of the buildings..

Sort of what was done with Poly...take a few floors offline, change into DVC..and now you have your new resort in the same location being developed during those last few years!
[/QUOTE]
I have posted this before on a different site, but when we talk about the future of the Boardwalk I just cannot help that we think big. A total tear down and rebuild would be the greatest financial result in DVC history. There would be no more cash rooms, the new Boardwalk would all be DVC. You add at least 2 floors to what is there now. By the time of 2042 we are talking north of $300 per point. With new point charts, let us speculate over 10 million points. Do the match, in access of 3 BILLION dollars.

I have posted this before on a different site, but when we talk about the future of the Boardwalk I just cannot help that we think big. A total tear down and rebuild would be the greatest financial result in DVC history. There would be no more cash rooms, the new Boardwalk would all be DVC. You add at least 2 floors to what is there now. By the time of 2042 we are talking north of $300 per point. With new point charts, let us speculate over 10 million points. Do the match, in access of 3 BILLION dollars.
[/QUOTE]

But why tear down? Convert BWI to more studios and then make the lock offs at BWV just 2 bedrooms. Add in some one bedrooms in the current hotel side.

Just don’t know why you’d have to completely demolish it.

But why tear down? Convert BWI to more studios and then make the lock offs at BWV just 2 bedrooms. Add in some one bedrooms in the current hotel side.

Just don’t know why you’d have to completely demolish it.
[/QUOTE]
Money and lots of it. Again, do not think small. You can bet your bottom dollar the Disney will not.

Money and lots of it. Again, do not think small. You can bet your bottom dollar the Disney will not.

Except I don’t think tear down gets them more money. I think a good renovation will allow them to sell just as high and have less upfront costs.

I don’t think it’s about thinking big or small. I just see that it achieves the same goal and Disney will spend the least it can to maximize profits.

If renovating gets them the same return, they will go that route. If they need to tear down and start from scratch, they will. I just don’t think they will need to do it.

If this level of VGF is a success, I bet we see more of it.

The greatest financial result in DVC history would be to build a large new resort that's connected directly to a theme park. (Think Grand Californian only larger.) For years, there's been talk of doing this at Epcot. It still hasn't happened.

In 2042, Disney gets the BWV's 4.8 million points for free.

DVC members are responsible for BWV maintenance up till that date.

This means that Disney gets a fully restored BWV and 4.8 million points for free in 2042.

Tearing that down to spend hundreds-of-millions makes little financial sense. It's all about ROI. Disney gets to sell 4.8 million points (which might become 7 million points with a new point chart) with almost no investment. Disney is going to want to spend the capex someplace else.

As no renovations have apparently started on Big Pine there remains the possibility of DVC getting cold feet yet again. I'm not saying they have but it could happen. Even if they started renovations there isn't a thing I can see that is being done that wouldn't lend itself to just being a room renovations for GF hotel rooms. Or perhaps it's just delayed for any number of reasons such as material shortage, worker shortage etc and so they are pulling back the marketing to wait until dates can be revised.

As no renovations have apparently started on Big Pine there remains the possibility of DVC getting cold feet yet again. I'm not saying they have but it could happen. Even if they started renovations there isn't a thing I can see that is being done that wouldn't lend itself to just being a room renovations for GF hotel rooms. Or perhaps it's just delayed for any number of reasons such as material shortage, worker shortage etc and so they are pulling back the marketing to wait until dates can be revised.

They mentioned renovations would be Spring. So, I am not surprised nothing has started,

But, I was thinking about the fact when they released the 2023 charts, they didn’t update the 2022…unless I missed it…to add resort studios as those since they are supposed to open this year.

I find that interesting.

The VGF2 announcement stated, "Starting next spring" and "Projected to open in summer 2022". Per the original announcement, renovations were scheduled to begin in the spring.

Without a formal announcement, it's too early to know if Disney is getting cold feet.

But, I was thinking about the fact when they released the 2023 charts, they didn’t update the 2022…unless I missed it…to add resort studios as those since they are supposed to open this year.
2022 point charts were updated to include VGF2.

1643308544880.png

I’m going to enjoy this point selling excitement as people buy into an already 34 year old building. Shouldn’t take the cheap route by refreshing old structures and reselling. Even plumbing and electrical becomes worn out. Follow the Las Vegas example. Demolish and rebuild something even better.

I’m going to enjoy this point selling excitement as people buy into an already 34 year old building. Shouldn’t take the cheap route by refreshing old structures and reselling. Even plumbing and electrical becomes worn out. Follow the Las Vegas example. Demolish and rebuild something even better.
Why? Once they sell all of the VGF2 points, they can get VGF owners to pay for the renovation. 🤑

Although I don’t see the big slash screen and video I still see the smaller gfv coming soon tile with a deeper overview of gfv further down the home page

if dvc was getting cold feet that tile would be gone too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter