The "waiting for SWA to open it's Nov/Dec dates" thread. NOW BOOKING THROUGH 12/12

twotoohappy

<font color=red>Lovin' Pete!<br><font color=teal>I
It seems like it's taking forever to get my SWA plane tickets for December!
I have a mac so I can't download the SWA "ding" :badpc:
Anybody else want to wait here with me? :cool1:

It should only be another couple of weeks, right?

Waiting on Nov. 3rd through the 8th......and waiting......and waiting..... :rolleyes1

twotoohappy said:
It seems like it's taking forever to get my SWA plane tickets for December!
I have a mac so I can't download the SWA "ding" :badpc:
Anybody else want to wait here with me? :cool1:

I have a feeling it'll either be this Thursday (June 30) or the beginning-mid July.

We're planning to go Dec. 18-26. My fear is that I'll have to wait through two more date releases. Any one know? When they release more dates will it be for the rest of the year, or only through mid-Dec.?

chris7 said:
We're planning to go Dec. 18-26. My fear is that I'll have to wait through two more date releases. Any one know? When they release more dates will it be for the rest of the year, or only through mid-Dec.?

I don't know the answer, but I'm afraid we will be waiting with you. :hourglass I'm afraid that I'll be able to book our trip down (12-8), but then have to wait for the trip back (12-13)

I'm sure both of these senerios have happened to someone. Any thought? Do I book the trip down, and then the trip back when it's released, or do I wait, and book RT. I don't think I can stand waiting much longer. :crazy:

Mady/Sophiemom said:
I don't know the answer, but I'm afraid we will be waiting with you. :hourglass I'm afraid that I'll be able to book our trip down (12-8), but then have to wait for the trip back (12-13)

I'm sure both of these senerios have happened to someone. Any thought? Do I book the trip down, and then the trip back when it's realeased, or do I wit, and book RT. I don't think I can stand waiting much longer. :crazy:

I've had to split me reservations in 2 before. In fact, I'm in the same boat you are. My date down is Dec. 2, but not coming back until Dec. 12. I'd book the one-way down when you can, then when the schedule opens up again, either book the one-way return home or cancel the one-way and rebook the total trip. The prices should be the same whether they are split up or one total.

HTH!!!! :teeth:

I believe the dates for Nov/Dec came out about July 6th, last year.

I have a cousin waiting for Dec dates to open up.

travelin' tigger said:
I've had to split me reservations in 2 before. In fact, I'm in the same boat you are. My date down is Dec. 2, but not coming back until Dec. 12. I'd book the one-way down when you can, then when the schedule opens up again, either book the one-way return home or cancel the one-way and rebook the total trip. The prices should be the same whether they are split up or one total.

Be careful with this! If you're using Ding! the RT will be cheaper than the two one-ways. I'm going from MDW into TPA and out of MCO and I am paying about $75 one way to come back from MCO. When I looked at a round-trip into MCO it was $115! Of course, by the time I figured this out the Ding! window had moved to past my departure date and I am stuck with the current airfare. At $150 it's not bad, but since there are 4 of us flying I would have saved $140 and I wouldn't have minded flying into MCO v/s TPA.

robinb said:
Be careful with this! If you're using Ding! the RT will be cheaper than the two one-ways. I'm going from MDW into TPA and out of MCO and I am paying about $75 one way to come back from MCO. When I looked at a round-trip into MCO it was $115! Of course, by the time I figured this out the Ding! window had moved to past my departure date and I am stuck with the current airfare. At $150 it's not bad, but since there are 4 of us flying I would have saved $140 and I wouldn't have minded flying into MCO v/s TPA.

Thanks for posting that. As a Mac-user and unable to download DING! I'm unaware of any of these things. What I'm saying applies only to SWA's website!!

travelin' tigger said:
Thanks for posting that. As a Mac-user and unable to download DING! I'm unaware of any of these things. What I'm saying applies only to SWA's website!!
Ding! will really save you a lot. Do you have a family member with a Windows PC who would be willing to download and check for you? For instance, I just checked the Ding! fare for MDW-TPA leaving 8/20 and returning 8/28 and it's $117 RT including all taxes and it's a whopping $177 through SWA's website for the exact itinerary.

robinb said:
Ding! will really save you a lot. Do you have a family member with a Windows PC who would be willing to download and check for you? For instance, I just checked the Ding! fare for MDW-TPA leaving 8/20 and returning 8/28 and it's $117 RT including all taxes and it's a whopping $177 through SWA's website for the exact itinerary.

Unfortunately no - maybe one day SWA will create a Mac-friendly version!!!

Hey guys--I just got an SWA RR email, and I think we'll be waiting til mid-July.

The email announced that SWA is adding Ft Myers (RSW) as a destination, and that flight schedules and fares would be announced next month.

Southwest Airlines solidified its Florida presence today by announcing service to Fort Myers, FL, from Southwest Florida International Airport beginning in October 2005. Now our Southwest Florida Customers have to look no further than their own backyard for Southwest's legendary low fares and great Customer Service.

Southwest Florida International Airport will become Southwest's 61st airport systemwide and Southwest's sixth Florida city. Fares and flight schedules will be announced next month. Whether you're traveling for the beaches or business, we look forward to seeing you soon in The City of Palms!

Your Friends at Rapid Rewards

So I think we're waiting just a bit longer...........

Add me to the waiting list...going Dec 4-11. :cool1:

I am waiting too! But I think it will be a couple more weeks before new dates are released. Last year they released dates from 10/29 through 12/11 on July 15.

We are waiting not so patiently for Dec 15th to the 23rd. We have always had good luck with SW, but we have never flown around the holidays. I hope the prices are worth waiting for!

chris7 said:

Waiting in the same boat...December 16th or 17th to 29th. This is killing me. I don't want to book my Best Rate AP without my airline tickets booked. I don't want to miss the AP rates out right now with the BR program, but can't gamble with the non-refundable dep. and change fee for the resort if my dates don't work out.

robinb said:

I do have Ding, but only installed it a few days ago. Once the new dates are released will Ding fares only be in that time frame, or might I catch a RT ding fare, that covers both my dates. I'm pretty sure my dates will b split. My dates are 12/8-12/13

travelin' tigger said:
- maybe one day SWA will create a Mac-friendly version!!!

That would be nice! I'm waiting for Nov 30 - Dec. 10th.

Can somebody post when there's a "ding" for MCO? Can you share the offers or is it just for the person who signed up? Usually at that time, it costs me 79- each way from Providence, RI (PVD) to MCO. I'm hoping to get that price for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter