The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

We did make the pizza and it was really good, we are going over to a friends house this evening for a BBQ so swimming and beer are in my future.
Have a great day everyone.

Well, it rained so we just sat on the porch, had BBQ, and beer watching to rain fall. It was a great afternoon.
Tonight for dinner is Mexican quinoa casserole

WFDT? Meatloaf'n'gravy, mashed garlic potatoes, and sauteed zucchini from the garden....

I've been having a kind of F&W fest at home the last few nights. I'll be posting on FB later, but tonight we head to Tex Mex territory with beef fajitas.

I've been having a kind of F&W fest at home the last few nights. I'll be posting on FB later, but tonight we head to Tex Mex territory with beef fajitas.
.....well then, I guess we visited Prime Time Cafe at our house since I made MEATLOAF! (and, boy, was it good! Too bad I have a really bad sore throat and it hurts to swallow...:sad1: - going to get it checked out at the doctor's today, because my ear hurts too...)

...after all, I don't want to be sick when we go to Puerto Rico!
[check out my countdown thingie...;) ]

Tonight I'm making Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

I hope you feel better soon Kimmar!

Tonight I'm making Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

I hope you feel better soon Kimmar!
Tonight I am making yellow rice with chicken and peas.

Kimmar get well soon!
...thanks guys....the doctor said that I probably have a virus that settled in my Eustachian tube....nothing will work but a salt-water gargle and plenty of Advil....

...after all, I don't want to be sick when we go to Puerto Rico!
[check out my countdown thingie...;) ]

Feel Better!!!

Hi Ladies! I finally caught up!

It's official, I am a "pothead" LOL!!!

Marisa and my friend Jeannie have Instant Pots, and so now I do as well.

Dinner last night was a chicken and noodle concoction with steamed veggies. I think this thing may come in very handy when I go back to regular hours and do not get home until after 6.

I hope all of you keep cool, and enjoy the rest of the week!

Marisa and my friend Jeannie have Instant Pots, and so now I do as well.

I just found out we have one of these too. Fran bought it several years ago and told me it was a pressure cooker. So I put it in the back of what I call the pantry and never paid it any attention. Then I found the manual and realized it was the same thing lots of my FB friends are posting about. What kind of stuff do you cook in it?

....I've never heard of those pots....they aren't in this part of the country.....at least, that I am aware of....

WFDT? Grilled shredded chicken breast with a pink 'alfredo-style' sauce over GF penne.....and a cucumber salad [from the garden, of course!]

I just found out we have one of these too. Fran bought it several years ago and told me it was a pressure cooker. So I put it in the back of what I call the pantry and never paid it any attention. Then I found the manual and realized it was the same thing lots of my FB friends are posting about. What kind of stuff do you cook in it?

I just got it Monday. I made the creamy chicken and noodle concoction last night. Marisa and Jeannie have been cooking up a storm: chicken and rice, Indian butter chicken, lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, oatmeal, perfect hard boiled eggs, pulled pork, Greek yogurt, cheesecake.....

I'm thinking of Kahlua park this weekend.

....I've never heard of those pots....they aren't in this part of the country.....at least, that I am aware of....
Check out kohls. Com. They are on sale.

...thanks....my throat still hurts to swallow, so I don't know if I'll get to really enjoy tonight's dinner....
Keep resting!

I have an Insta Pot also, and I love, LOVE cooking beans in it.

I have made all kinds of grains in it also, but I must confess that I never really slow cooked in the past, and this seems like a good way to do that, BUT it takes longer to cook some things than it did on the stove top.

Last night was Pizza but I did make a lentil loaf on Thursday that turned out really nice and David really liked it.

I almost never use a slow cooker so I am not the best one to compare, but I will say that I do not think every meal should be cooked in the IP.

Last night I made a great meal though. I like meatloaf and Buddy tolerates it. I used Lauren's recipe for Pizza meatloaf muffins, but I dont bother with the muffins. I put baby potatoes and carrots along with a cup of beef stock in the liner, stuck the trivet thing on top. I used foil to make a cradle for my meatloaf and covered it loosely with foil.

I tried to glaze the veg with butter but that did not work out and ended up with a "smash" that was delicious. I am never using an oven for meatloaf again. I generally avoid ground beef becuase I do not like the texture, but for this method, it was delicious and tender.

Tonight I am joining the family at Longhorn for dinner and Buddy will probably have leftovers. HE is working at the farm.

I love my slow cooker. I cook everything in it. Chicken , roasts, pork chops. I need to get something in it for dinner tonight, but don't know what.

I love my slow cooker. I cook everything in it. Chicken , roasts, pork chops. I need to get something in it for dinner tonight, but don't know what.

My crock pot is at work. DUrign tax season we take turns bring the ingredients for lunch and whiel we work, lunch is cooking. It is a nice treat in teh winter months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter