*They're back-2014*SQUIRRELS (and they brought a raccoon)!! Run for your life!

We just dealt with this last month. Went to Disney for 11 days, came home and suddenly something was living in the attic!

We called a pest control service and they found squirrels; they left a "one way" gate up there for a few days to get rid of them, and then covered the attic vents with a screen. No problems since!

Tee-hee. This story reminds me of the time I came home from work on a Saturday afternoon to find one VERY disgruntled cat. She was in a snit to end all snits, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong ... until my neighbor came over to tell me that my cat had caught a squirrel, but that the neighbors had taken said squirrel away from her because, and I quote, "We were afraid it was going to hurt her."

Hurt her? She was a 14 lb. Maine Coon that was born in a barn. She was peeved because they took away her fresh lunch!

I had a friend in grad school who raised black squirrels as pets. They had this little trick that they did that if you held out your arms to the side they would run from fingertip to fingertip right over your shoulders -- it was tickly.

:faint: DH would have had a heart attack! He still hasn't gotten over it :lmao:

We just dealt with this last month. Went to Disney for 11 days, came home and suddenly something was living in the attic!

We called a pest control service and they found squirrels; they left a "one way" gate up there for a few days to get rid of them, and then covered the attic vents with a screen. No problems since!

Oh, so what you are telling me is I should go to Disney for 11 days until they leave? :confused3 I think that is an excellent plan of action! :thumbsup2 ;)

I hope that your squirrel will move on. We've been battling one for a few years now and this critter has done loads of damage. One corner area under the roof looks like swiss cheese. We're not having all of the damage permanently repaired until we make sure this guy is gone.We just have thick wire mesh covering the holes.

Ugh, I hate these varmints.

I hope that your squirrel will move on. We've been battling one for a few years now and this critter has done loads of damage. One corner area under the roof looks like swiss cheese. We're not having all of the damage permanently repaired until we make sure this guy is gone.We just have thick wire mesh covering the holes.

Ugh, I hate these varmints.

Putting in the cage with the one way door did the trick! They were evacuated from the attic and could not get back in - Mike came and fixed the hole in the roof on Sunday and I think we are done! One thing we had to do was take down our bird feeder - squirrels love bird seed and think it is there for them.

Good luck! :flower3:

that was a great story!! thanks for sharing and giving us all a good laugh! your poor dh!! :rotfl:

I have an update.

Just spoke to DH, he was sitting on a bench in the park at lunchtime, enjoying the sun.

He said he got attacked by a squirrel. It jumped on his leg. He jumped up and yelled, hurting his neck in the process. Everyone was looking at him. :scared1:

He looked down and realized it was his scarf :lmao: :lmao:

Poor man has been scarred for life. :sad2::sad2: How do I treat squirrelitis?

(I can't stop laughing!)

I have an update.

Just spoke to DH, he was sitting on a bench in the park at lunchtime, enjoying the sun.

He said he got attacked by a squirrel. It jumped on his leg. He jumped up and yelled, hurting his neck in the process. Everyone was looking at him. :scared1:

(I can't stop laughing!)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What did your new bff Mike charge?

We are having a squirrel issue so I called a local critter control. I was shocked at the price. $$$$$ Maybe the guy thought we seemed really desperate so we were given the premium rate. ;)

I can totally see the resemblance:

IMG_7370.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

:lmao:

What did your new bff Mike charge?

We are having a squirrel issue so I called a local critter control. I was shocked at the price. $$$$$ Maybe the guy thought we seemed really desperate so we were given the premium rate. ;)

It came to $373.45 for them to inspect the roof, inside and out, install the one way cage and then repair the roof after the squirrels were out of the attic.

They wanted another $500 to install cages over my two attic fans, I passed on that for now :scared1:

I have an update.

(I can't stop laughing!)

OMG! He's got post traumatic stress! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

I have an update.

(I can't stop laughing!)

Give him a travel size can of Aquanet and paste a new label on it "Sqwerrl BGone". He'll feel better. :goodvibes

This made me laugh so hard this morning. I could just picture it in my head. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter