This forum is awesome but

Status
Not open for further replies.
CleveRocks said:
OK, I think I figured out OP's view of life by looking at these posts as well as posts on other threads.

OP is what those in psychological circles call "egocentric." This is not a disorder. It simply means what it says, seeing one's self as the center, or rather as the "only." No one could possibly have a differing opinion, and if they do there is something wrong with them.

In a previous thread about concierge level of resorts, he responded that the only reason anyone wants to stay on a concierge level is to flaunt to others how wealthy they are. How sad this view is. Are there wealthy people who flaunt their wealth? Of course there are. But how sad that OP sees ONLY that possibility and not any other possibiities. That is egocentricity.

In this thread, he sort of whines that he wants all threads to be in English so he can understand them. How dare he be excluded from something! That's egocentricity.

I was really hoping that OP was a teenager, as almost all of us were hopelessly egocentric at that age (it's "normal" at that stage of development), but alas, he is an adult.

It's not all about you. You're one of about 98,000 people in this community. It's not all about you. And that's okay.

I have a thought as well. Do you think that maybe the OP is trying to wind us all up? Can someone really think like that? I have oftened wondered that there are people here who like going around the threads and causing a stir. So what do you say Yaksak, am I on the right lines??

maddhatir said:
I have been on the boards for quite some time and i have NEVER seen a post in spanish- that is a first--- but really- who cares? :confused3

I thought that the internet was international and that the DisBoards were also international ( I see that we have people from other countries all the time), so I agree with the above....who cares?

cyjmhill said:
I thought that the internet was international and that the DisBoards were also international ( I see that we have people from other countries all the time), so I agree with the above....who cares?

:thumbsup2 :goodvibes I agree with the post above. I see people from Australia, Britain, and other places that come here for the same reasons that everyone else does........to share the experiences and opinions of WDW trips. Unfortunately, some people are not as fluent in English as the OP would had liked to have been fluent in Spanish. I am Puerto Rican and I assure you "yacksak".....alot of what was posted is what many have already posted in english about how they look forward to their trip and how much fun they are going to have. :yay: So, on that note: HASTA LA PROXIMA, MI GENTE DE DISBOARDS!!! :wave2:

Everybody needs help, especially when related to WDW. If it was another post in another language (german, italian), someone would have posted too.

There are no good WDW spanish related forums, so why not try here.

I think we are here to help others with what we love, WDW & US. We shouldn't get offended if it is in another language. :confused3

I just entered a contest to go to Disney on the Univision website (thanks, Mousesavers!) It was all in Spanish.

I didn't feel like they were trying to exclude me-I have a rudimentary grasp of Spanish thanks to a few years in Miami, so had no problem with it.

The media's getting everyone stirred up about illegal immigration so I think people are getting riled about everything Espanol, right now.

I'm really, really appreciative when I travel outside the country and there are secondary signs in english all over the place. Really puts it in perspective when I see bilingual signs here (and Atlanta has lots and lots of them). Makes me feel like we're 'international' here.

Joel McHale on "The Soup" now has me addicted to "La Madrastra"! :happytv:

personally, i think it would be nice to have a forum for some of the major languages that might visit here. spanish, french, german etc - might be a bit much to get into every single language out there, but the admin could see demographics of where people live and the ones that had more members could have a thread where they could talk about disney in their native tongue.

don't see why it bothers anyone to have a thread in spanish. not eveyrone talks/writes english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter