this is disgusting

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
my friend (yea I know here I go again with my friend and yes shses the same one that went to tanzina which turned out to be a mission trip and just had the accident) and I play bingo at a VFW near us

so we met 2 other friends that always went so we all sat together and really made a nice day of it
between the 4 of us we bring snacks to share usually breakfast bars cookies things like that

my friend though hardly brings anything and yet shes rather rude about what others bring
she wont just accept it she always has to make a deal out of it there always something wrong

so today there were 2 small boxes each with 2 packs of they were thin like cookies but long and dipped part way in a coconut dip which actually looked good
I didnt know who brought them but said to my friend that they looked good she said she brought them

she went on to say that her grandkids were dumpster diving and brought them home eeeeeewwwwww
so she brought this snack that was sitting in a dirty dumpster for how long and didnt think anything of it

the other 2 didnt hear this so when they came back they each took a pack friend asked me if I wanted one
I said no I dont eat anything thats been in a dumpster
the other 2 didnt even take theres when bingo was done they just left them

that really just turned my stomach---to bring this in afrom a dumpster and make nothing of it and tell people thats where you got them from
I think Im going to distance myself from her for a while
shes gotten strange lately
usually we go to lunch after bingo but Im going to t ell her I have thing I have to take care of and I wont be able to go to lunch this day or that
it probably wont make any difference to her since when were at lunch all she does is on her phone while I sit there
my DH meets us for lunch since we only have one car so then he brings me home otherwise I wouldnt have anyone to talk to
I ask her questions trying to get a conversaion going but all I get are one work answers
when I watch I love lucy I always think how fun it would be to have a friend like lucy and ethel are
sorry for the vent
this started out as snacks from a dumpter and ended with other things
thanks for listening

I also think it's gross, who knows what else was in the dumpster, could be old rotted food, dirty diapers, chemicals, vomit, raw chicken etc. depending on who was using the dumpster (a restaurant, an apartment complex, a school, a construction site.)

If they were wrapped and sealed it's probably okay, but I think it's strange she would bring them. It's one thing to eat it yourself at home, but to bring it to unsuspecting people is a little odd. She could be putting their health at risk. Worst case, something that could make you really sick could have leaked on them, best case they were just expired and won't really have a negative effect on anyone.

Why were her grandkids picking through a dumpster?

her grandkids were picking in the dumpster just for fun what see what they could find
I really dont care how they were sealed I defiantly not eating anything thats been in a dumpster

from now on Ill have to ask her where she got any snacks from

I’d just ‘thanks, no thanks’ and bring my own snack.

Maybe after complete inspection I’d dare to partake if tempting lol. I’m up for the occasional risk in life if it’s low enough.

Reminds me of when trying to explain something to my young adult child by pointing out you should never bring open packages where someone else is hosting. I dunno… it’s just the etiquette we were raised. He did make me question it though. It could come down to the circumstances like how close the friends are and what type of gathering. I still think it’s a good rule of thumb! I’m not going to be the one bringing already opened chips and sodas to a cookout.

I’d just ‘thanks, no thanks’ and bring my own snack.

Maybe after complete inspection I’d dare to partake if tempting lol. I’m up for the occasional risk in life if it’s low enough.

Reminds me of when trying to explain something to my young adult child by pointing out you should never bring open packages where someone else is hosting. I dunno… it’s just the etiquette we were raised. He did make me question it though. It could come down to the circumstances like how close the friends are and what type of gathering. I still think it’s a good rule of thumb! I’m not going to be the one bringing already opened chips and sodas to a cookout.
Yeah - I've got some horror stories around that...I mean who bring open ice cream or chips or whatever.... and when you find out the source its almost as bad as the dumpster.... We have been trying to just cut those folks off but I cant seem to shake them. May have to move.

Anyway yeah - bringing stuff from the dumpster is pretty awful IMO - but at least you know these kids will survive the Apocalypse if it happens.

oh I know vandvsmama I already told DH that until she comes back to earth Im going think of ways since we usually to go lunch after bingo Ill come up with reasons why I cant go
Ill still go to bingo cause I do like to play and as long as we met those other two women

its hard though since weve been friends since freshmen in high school and now were pushing 70 but
I really think we need to go separate ways at least for a bit
we sure dont have anything in common anymore

Fish head soup is delicious…just saying.
As for dumpster food diving? - I’ll pass.

i am flashing back YEARS ago on the dis to a thread on 'freegans' and one of the regular posters shared that she had recently watched a documentary that several of us had seen (it was making the rounds on tv stations then) and was VERY surpised to see one of her family members featured.

Reminds me to the guy on cheapskates that treated his friends to a dinner of fish heads.

they are spectacular for making some soups and sauces. i don't think i would care for them served on a plate staring at me as an entree though. i feel the same way about chicken feet-best chicken noodle soup i ever had was made from a broth using them but i don't want them standing on my plate.

Reminds me to the guy on cheapskates that treated his friends to a dinner of fish heads.
Fish heads fish heads,
Roly poly fish heads,
Fish heads fish heads,
Eat them up yum

Don't know what the story is in this case, but in many cultures Fish heads are a delicacy. The cheeks are very tasty so....

Fish heads fish heads,
Roly poly fish heads,
Fish heads fish heads,
Eat them up yum

Don't know what the story is in this case, but in many cultures Fish heads are a delicacy. The cheeks are very tasty so....

I took a fish head,
Out to see a movie,
Didn't have to pay
To get it in

Fish heads fish heads,
Roly poly fish heads,
Fish heads fish heads,
Eat them up yum

This guy wasn't from another culture. He wasn't in another culture. He was in this one. And in this culture they're not a delicacy. And the meal he served was "his treat" for the family letting him stay over there during his travels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter