• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is Us- Season four

Wow. That was a great episode! I didn't read your commentary yet but I thought you'd be entertained by me. My kid was practicing his instrument this afternoon when I was trying to watch. I took all my strength to let him practice. Telling him he has to stop so I could watch would have made me a bad mom, right?

I'm wondering if Randall's therapist has him cut communication with his family to reduce his anxiety?
Gosh I hope not. I think a therapist would only do that if the relationship with his family was truly toxic, which I don't believe it is at all. I have dealt with anxiety my whole life and while my family is sometimes my greatest source of my anxiety, they are also my greatest source of strength.

Just a little thing, but the term "institutionalized" makes me totally cringe. It has such a negative connotation. Inpatient mental health facility is much more preferable and accurate. If Randall is in an inpatient facility, he might have access to a phone, especially if he is voluntarily admitted.

Or even just "hospitalized" would be better.

Last edited:
DH was caregiver for his mom for over 10 years...dementia. My Dad suddenly has advanced dementia. It’s like someone flipped a light switch before Christmas. This season is hard.

BTW.. Justin Hartley is WAY better looking than Ben Affleck. NOT just my opinion!!!😬
We also experienced th "light switch" with my dad. It went from "Dad's been a little forgetful these past few years" to "it's not safe for him to live alone" almost overnight. 😥

DH was caregiver for his mom for over 10 years...dementia. My Dad suddenly has advanced dementia. It’s like someone flipped a light switch before Christmas. This season is hard.

BTW.. Justin Hartley is WAY better looking than Ben Affleck. NOT just my opinion!!!😬

We just went through this with my father in law. Q. Did your dad have any delirium leading up to the sudden decline? My father in law went from driving at Thanksgiving to advanced dementia 12/26, passing away on 1/11. We learned that delirium in elderly is a trigger.. less than 40% of people who suffer from it recover to the level they were before. It was a heartbreaking 3 weeks.

We just went through this with my father in law. Q. Did your dad have any delirium leading up to the sudden decline? My father in law went from driving at Thanksgiving to advanced dementia 12/26, passing away on 1/11. We learned that delirium in elderly is a trigger.. less than 40% of people who suffer from it recover to the level they were before. It was a heartbreaking 3 weeks.
My Dad was a very similar story. He also started to decline around Thanksgiving 2 years ago, and by that Christmas he was hospitalized in a mental health facility with delirium. He was released after about a week after the delirium subsided, but he was never quite himself again. By 3/5 he passed away after contracting the flu while in a nursing facility. Heartbreaking is the only word I can use to describe it.

I don't care about spoilers at all, so I had read this thread during the day yesterday before watching last night from my DVR. So I was specifically looking for the clues that the poster had mentioned that Madison is the Baby Mama and I didn't hear/see anything that made me think that. Her calls to Kate were awkward, but I think those were out of guilt on Madison's part.

It was when Kevin woke Madison up and they were talking before he left. I deleted the episode or I’d watch it again to see exactly what what they said.

I'm thinking the FF forward scene of them together on their birthday talking about Randall, is the cabin, and Kevin is living there while his house is being built on the hill. Maybe he has it built so he can have Rebecca live with him so he can take of her, and that's what sets off a rift between him and Randall?

I have deleted already too, but I thought when she first woke up, she was just messing with him about it being serious.

Yeah. Kevin said something like, "what are we going to tell Kate?" and she said something like, "we'll tell her the truth, that we are in love." Then Kevin looked panicked and they both kind of smiled because they knew it was just a one time mistake. Then they decided to keep it quiet because as Madison said she "broke girl code" by sleeping with her best friends brother.

Nothing in the exchange made me think she is pregnant or made me think they writers were dropping hints to a pregnancy, but with this show you never know! She very well could wind up pregnant with Kevins child because of that one night.

(stupidly IMO, but Kate does not have the best emotional intelligence).
Agreed on all of this,esp. the last line. Her character is..... :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 as far as getting along with people well. (Just my opinion I know)
Madison is the Baby Mama and I didn't hear/see anything that made me think that. Her calls to Kate were awkward, but I think those were out of guilt on Madison's part.
I'm sorry but I don't understand why anyone should answer to Kate?

The common denominator between Kevin and Madison is Kate. So it's natural they both look to how it will effect her. Kevin and Madison will be in Kates life so they have to somehow agree to either hide it from her or tell her. Now if Kevin hooked up with some random girl he met in a bar? Then he has no obligation to worry about what Kate would think. He can walk away and never see her again, but a casual hook up with her best friend who is always around Kate and who he will continue to see in a platonic way? Awkward. At least that's my take on it.

Last edited:
Agreed on all of this,esp. the last line. Her character is..... :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 as far as getting along with people well. (Just my opinion I know)

I have 5 kids, 3 girls, 2 boys, close in age, including boy/girl twins, friends are definitely off limits. Dd17 wanted to ask ds17’s best friend to formal as friends, ds said absolutely not. Maybe it will change when they are older, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
I have deleted already too, but I thought when she first woke up, she was just messing with him about it being serious.
I took it that way too. She said something to the effect of "we haven't even been on our first date yet".
Yeah. Kevin said something like, "what are we going to tell Kate?" and she said something like, "we'll tell her the truth, that we are in love." Then Kevin looked panicked and they both kind of smiled because they knew it was just a one time mistake. Then they decided to keep it quiet because as Madison said she "broke girl code" by sleeping with her best friends brother.

Nothing in the exchange made me think she is pregnant or made me think they writers were dropping hints to a pregnancy, but with this show you never know! She very well could wind up pregnant with Kevins child because of that one night.

I know that’s what happened, that’s what I said in my first comment. To me, the way they were joking around was making it very obvious that yes, it would be weird if they ended up together. They haven’t even been on a date; yet here they are, with a one night stand baby.

I was right in guessing that it was Madison in the bed, not Sophie, so who knows. One of the best parts of this thread is all the different theories and different ways people interpret the same thing.

I have 5 kids, 3 girls, 2 boys, close in age, including boy/girl twins, friends are definitely off limits. Dd17 wanted to ask ds17’s brother to formal as friends, ds said absolutely not. Maybe it will change when they are older, but I doubt it.

i hope this is a typo and your dd didn’t want to ask ds’s brother to formal because that’s still her brother lol

I have 5 kids, 3 girls, 2 boys, close in age, including boy/girl twins, friends are definitely off limits. Dd17 wanted to ask ds17’s best friend to formal as friends, ds said absolutely not. Maybe it will change when they are older, but I doubt it.
Side tangent, but...

This was not the rule at my house growing up...

My older brother dated every single one of my close friends in high school and then married one of my best friends from college. :rolleyes: It could get very messy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter