This might seem silly- but when do you give your kids their baths when in WDW?

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
Seems silly, but with a busy WDW vacation week - getting up early to hit a character breakfast or a theme park ....getting to the resort late because of a dinner, fireworks or parade ......does anyone have a hard time finding time to give your little ones a bath?? It is tough because I have girls with long hair - you can't just throw them in bed with wet hair like you could a boy .....what do some of you mothers (and dads) of girls do about the bath, hair, blow dry etc - when do you fit it all in :confused:

I give my kids their baths or showers at night. I do the same at home too.
I like knowing they are going to bed clean after being in the parks all day and dirty.
I have a son and a daughter. My daughter has long hair and I put it in a ponytail at night after it is towel dried.
She hates the blow dryer (she is 8) and she rather just use the towel. My son has very very short hair to it is dry almost by the time he walks from the bathroom to his room :)

My daughter has never taken so few baths as our 2 weeks down there in Sept. Her baths were basically the pool. I know that sounds gross, but that's how it worked out!

jfranklyn, you're not alone. I can't really recall my kids taking baths there! LOL Actually when we're at DVC they love to try out the whirlpool tub...and, well, they like the tub so we don't really ever have set bath times...they just hop in when they want to and that's usually sufficient (as its usually at least once a day!) My kids don't have long hair, but my son did for a while when he was about 4-5yo...we never really worried about it.

I have long hair myself. Long hair will dry in bed, though I've often gone to sleep with it up in a towel turban to keep my pillow from getting all wet. Perhaps that will work for your dd? In the morning it can be dried. Or braid it before bedtime and she'll have cute waves the next day. Or just do it all in the morning.

Baths were the hardest things to squeeze in our visit!! Since we went in June we bathed our 2 DD's in the morning but they probably received less baths that week than any other week in their lives. Does swimming count as a bath?

Always at night when we got back to the resort regaurdless of the time. I think they feel better after getting cleaned up and I'm sure it helps them sleep better. It always seems that the kids go first and as always I'm the last one to get a shower. As for blowing drying the hair, I have 2 girls both have relatively short hair but my youngest does not like going to bed with her hair wet so I dry her hair after her shower.

Some times we end up ordering pizza at the resort so I can get them in the shower and by the time they are done the foods usually at the room this helps because if not they are sure to be asleep instead.

Have fun on your trip.

Gone Disney

I almost never give my kids baths when we go to Disney. Even when our kids were DS5 DD4 DS7months. (They are now 8,7 &5) Come to think of it...not any vacations that we go on. I feel better keeping to showers. There have been a few times that I did give them baths, but I cleaned the tub first. And since I really don't want to clean bathrooms while on vacation, we stick to showers. Either way enjoy yourself, you are going to be in Disney. It won't kill them to miss a bath or two.

At home our son takes a bath in the evening (6:30-7:00). At WDW, we take a pool break every day, so he gets a good shower and shampoo after the pool (to get the chlorine and sunblock off). we all takes showers then and get dressed for dinner. Since he doesn't usually sweat in the evening and he just strolls around mostly, I sometimes don't bathe him at night. I do give him a good once over with a washcloth, though (hands, face, butt, feet). I do remember a few times (if we aren't back too late) that I would put him in the tub for a while.

If we sit him in bed afterwards and put on toon disney, he is fast asleep in a few minutes!

My DD, 8, usually takes her bath/shower after our daily swim. She too has long hair and has to have it washed & conditioned after being in the pool or it's a real mess!! Then we lay around and rest, giving her hair time to dry, then I fix it and head back out. The evenings are usually cool enough that she is fine for the next day without another bath. In the mornings I fix her hair the same was it was the previous evening so it will go up a lot quicker.

Well, I have boys, but we do tubbies after the pool. I cant stand the thought of the chemicals and germs from the pool, plus sunscreesn staying on them for long(same for myself and DH).
We hit the parks early in the morning, take a break by the pool, then we all shower or bathe(kids), then we hit the parks again around 4:30-5:00. Then we are all refreshed. Of course, DH & I shower again in the morning before heading out, but the kids are set to go.
We actually have a system that works great for me. Since my hair takes forever to dry, plus I have makeup, and I have to pick out everyones clothes, etc..., DH does the tubbies(like 5 minutes each) while Im getting myself or other stuff ready. DH only has to step out of the shower, comb what hair he has, and hes done. ;)

Another vote for after the pool! We take an afternoon pool break & then all shower before dinner/evening @ parks; just a qiuck wash up before bed & repeat the rest of the trip.

Another vote for after the afternoon break or pool...we always get up and go right away in the mornings and then head back to the room before our dinner reservations...either to relax or swim for a while and then we all shower and bathe before dinner. It seems to work out well for us...

Right before bed. . . doesn't matter what time. They ALWAYS sleep better getting the day's grime off of them, and it is worth the extra 20 minutes (10 shower/10 blow dry DD) so I know they are clean. They even admit it helps relax them after being keyed up most of the day.

:wave:

I always send them for baths before bed. After being in the parks all day it feels great to take a bath. My 4 yr old dd's hair goes to her tush, so I braid her wet hair and send her to bed. I like to braid her hair for bed even if it isn't wet.

If we do a pool break then we shower the girls then. None of us likes the chlorine on us! If not then we will shower them before bed. If its late then I may skip the hair one night but generally it only takes a few more minutes and they seem to feel more comfortable. If they are asleep when we hit the room I will just wait until the next day. We generally don't do a bath in a hotel btw.

TJ

- but doesn't the pool count..... the outer layer of grime certainly gets rinsed!

ds takes really long baths - I hestitate to start one because we're stuck while he plays - so I try to give a quick shower after the pool to rinse off the chemicals - but there are definitely days we skip -

I would suggest doing it when it fits with the days plan. If you are planning a late night, maybe do a bath and have a slower paced morning. Or the other way around - head out early and come in for a bath and bed time. On days where the start and end have plans then plan for some down time in the pool and a bath or shower after. Just remember to take some parts of the day easy so little ones don't end up overstimulated and not sleeping!

In Jan we rarely swim in the evenings so we shower after the last swim of the day.
We don't like the chlorine on us too!

This is too funny!!! We just go back Sunday from a 10 day trip to WDW. I felt like a terrible mother as my children only had a bath about 4 times. We left so early in the morning and returned so late that it was very hard to fit it in the schedule. Normally, my children bathe every night. My son (8) would sometimes take a quick shower in the morning. But, my two girls (3,5) were so exhausted they would fall asleep on the bus ride back to POR. I think morning would be easier but if your like us, you will probably be rushing around the room to get everyone to the bus stop. Just take some shampoo/soap to the pool w/ you. HAHA

How do you actually wash your DD's hair? Under the tub faucet? or in the shower. My DD hates the shower at home but with waist length curls I don't know how else I will get the shampoo out at DW. We use a shower attatchment at home and she leans back in the tub.

I hate to worry about little things but her hair will be a mess after 7 days if I don't do something to it.

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter