This might seem silly- but when do you give your kids their baths when in WDW?

At POR, the shower head is detachable and you can use it while the child is in the tub to wash and rinse hair. It worked really well.

I guess I'm a bad mom too because I count the pool! I'm not too strict on a bath everynight but I do have a problem with being so germy and grimy form the parks. Clorine from the pool however kills eveything! A dip in the pool, after dark so no sunscreen needed, makes everyone happy every other night.I try for a real bath or shower the other nights. I make my DS take the bath as soon as we return to the room for the night or he will be asleep in about five minutes.

Jordan's mom

On our last trip, my DD was only 5 mo. old. We bathed her after going into the pool on most days (in the big tub with mommy). On days that we didn't go swimming, we bathed her just before bed. She had hardly any hair at the time, so towel drying was sufficient.

our daughter is now 9 and I was going to say she uses the pool alot for a bath then usually takes a quick shower to shampoo and wash off and I mean real fast LOL

Also another mother that counts the pool as a bath on some days...we try to shower at night but it doesn't always work....My DD has long hair we just braid it after the shower

We were there in January with my godkids, boy 10, girl 6. On the evenings we went to the pool, they didn't get an official bath or shower. But after they got out of the pool for the night, we made them get under the outdoor shower at the pool and rinse off real good (with their bathing suits on). This got "most" of the chlorine out of their hair and out of their bathing suits. They toweled off real good, we headed up to the room, they took off the suits and we hung them on the clothesline in the tub. Then they finished drying off, threw on a little baby power and put on their PJs and hit the bed.

She usually gets in the shower with me in the morning! she gets done first and then gets out and dries off and gets dressed then by that time I'm done and we are dressed and ready to hit the parks! Now if we have spent a long time in the pool we do get a shower after that before we head anywhere then we don't have to shower in the am!

It's a hassle, but we always shower DD 8 and DS 5 right before bed. They just sleep better that way.

We can't use the pool method because, since both kids are blond, we'd have 2 green-haired kids by the end of our week in WDW. :eek:

Sharon

Here's another mom who counts the pool. It's one of my DD's favorite part of vacationing! A short haircut is a definite bonus in these cases. I'm so glad my DD went from very long hair to a very short cut.

Last year I think my ds had only 2 baths on a 6 day trip! We just got in so late everyday; and a bath hypes him up instead of calming him down. As a matter of fact, atleast one of those baths was in the morning before we headed out to the parks! Maybe we'll do better this year.;)

We go back to the resort for a midday swim, then put him in the tub to get the chlorine out. After that he'll usually nap, then we head out to parks or dinner after the nap.

BTW; I always pack/pick up a small pail for sand play, which we also use for rinsing hair in the bathtub.

We were in Disney for 10 days last month and my daughter had her bath each morning before we left for the day and often times at night to get rid of any chlorine, sweat and sunblock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter