Those weird conversations with Aspie kids....

Kat77

<font color=blue>Now if I could just remember how
:confused3 So DS9 is refusing to attend scouts tonight and make his derby car. There are plenty of valid reasons to avoid going such as the saw being painfully loud and boys too rowdy but he is telling me he can not attend because last year it made the whole day go by in 10 minutes and he does not appriciate missing an entire day. I've told him I will not force him to go but he might consider trying again so we can check for any repeat time warps and write a paper about it. He is considering my proposal and will let me know. :rolleyes1

:sad2: He also just called his brother a cheater because he was never a Tiger scout but he attended the other levels.

Very funny and I love your turning it into an experiment. Just be warned our style can be infectious.

bookwormde

The other day, my husband was talking about a family we know that spent the holidays in New Jersey. So my DS14 (also an Aspie) pops up and says, "Is New Jersey where all the new sports jerseys are made? Is it illegal to make them any place else?" He was very serious. He's the same kid who asked me to read his horoscope one morning. I said, "It says turn over a new leaf." He very matter of factly said, "Oh, I don't have a leaf. Should I go outside and get one." Love that guy!:love:

The other day, my husband was talking about a family we know that spent the holidays in New Jersey. So my DS14 (also an Aspie) pops up and says, "Is New Jersey where all the new sports jerseys are made? Is it illegal to make them any place else?" He was very serious. He's the same kid who asked me to read his horoscope one morning. I said, "It says turn over a new leaf." He very matter of factly said, "Oh, I don't have a leaf. Should I go outside and get one." Love that guy!:love:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I love these. :rotfl:

I was talking to a friend the other day about some of the things with DS (6). She was telling me about a comedian she saw who swore God had to be a 12 yr old Aspie. I soooo understood.

DS is into Greek Mythology right now. He went to school and told his class (1st grade) how all the planets are named for Greek Gods even Saturn who ate all his babies except Zeus because his wife hid him. :scared1:

Yeah. I expect to hear from a couple of parents at the next open house.

my oldest (CAPD, Mixed Expressive-receptive speech delay, very literal) got sick at school in 1st grade. We got a call from the nurses office asking if one of us could talk to him on the phone to calm him down. It seems the nurse told him she was going to take his temperature. When she was done he DEMANDED it back and when the nurse (not having a quick reply or thought to stick the thermometer back in his mouth to return it) just didn't know what to do and by then it was total melt down

My ds15 is an aspie and it's not so much what he says that amazes me but it's what he creates! Ds is a cartoonist and he can spend HOURS working on animating his characters - you know, spending hours & hours painstakingly working for 20 seconds of video! I LOVE seeing what is inside his head and what he can create. He also writes - today he sang his parody of Billy Joel's Piano Man about our family holidays - hysterical!

Life is never dull with an aspie! :thumbsup2

Jill

I was talking to a friend the other day about some of the things with DS (6). She was telling me about a comedian she saw who swore God had to be a 12 yr old Aspie. I soooo understood.

That comedian is Eugene Mirman, and he is hilarious. He was just on Comedy Central last Friday!

A while ago, I made a cake with some very, very heavy frosting that didn't exactly agree with me at all. I jokingly wondered out loud if I'd frosted it with laxatives, and DH turned to me with an absolutely mystified look on his face. How could I have mistaken chocolate frosting for laxatives? Did I drop some in the frosting can and mix it in by mistake? What kind of a cook was I if I could make such a stupid mistake? How could he trust anything I made ever again?

Of course, I had to explain that it was a joke, which boggled him even further, because he had no idea why such a culinary tragedy would be funny.

Tonight he called while I was out at the store, I asked what he was doing, and his answer was "Talking to you." 8pm arrived, and he said "Our shows are on, bye." and hung up.

He was sent to the store a few weeks ago to pick up a four pound roast. About a half an hour into his trip (the store is less than five minutes away) he called, completely exasperated, and said there are no four pound roasts, but he found two cuts that were 2.4 and a 1.6 pounds each, and would those be okay?

I love my aspie. :rotfl:

DS is into Greek Mythology right now. He went to school and told his class (1st grade) how all the planets are named for Greek Gods even Saturn who ate all his babies except Zeus because his wife hid him. :scared1:

Yeah. I expect to hear from a couple of parents at the next open house.

:lmao: THATS TOO FUNNY! Ooh, I love mythology so I'd be just peachy with that obsession.

Last year, DS9 told another kid his cat was obviously dead since vets do not keep pets for two months! He thought he was being helpful :eek:. I was so relieved when he held his tongue over s simular pet situation recently. Live and learn.

My ds15 is an aspie and it's not so much what he says that amazes me but it's what he creates! Ds is a cartoonist and he can spend HOURS working on animating his characters - you know, spending hours & hours painstakingly working for 20 seconds of video! I LOVE seeing what is inside his head and what he can create. He also writes - today he sang his parody of Billy Joel's Piano Man about our family holidays - hysterical!

:thumbsup2 I imagine many here know what you mean. It's amazing to see our kids observations through media - or whatever form their obsession may take. Both DS12 and DS9 are into claymation. They get so serious about their work.

I'm convinced advanced understanding of Lego construction would be a great addition to Dx criteria of Aspergers.

:thumbsup2 I imagine many here know what you mean. It's amazing to see our kids observations through media - or whatever form their obsession may take. Both DS12 and DS9 are into claymation. They get so serious about their work.

I'm convinced advanced understanding of Lego construction would be a great addition to Dx criteria of Aspergers.

...but only if they build their own creations with the legos and not just the ones from the directions in the kit! :)

The other day, my son's Asperger's school program went to the county court house. A judge there is the father of one of the school's teaching assistants (also an Aspie). The judge cleared his docket for the morning so they could have a mock trial and teach the kids about the justice system. They put the teaching assistant on trial for aggrevated assault. The defense attorney, prosecutor, witnesses and jury were made of up kids from the program. My son chose not to take a role and sat in the gallery. My husband went along as a chaperone and said it was a great experience. The kids came up with some of the most insightful questions and observations and sometimes they were just downright funny! They ended up convicting the defendant and the actual bailiff came over and handcuffed him and led him out! Then they got to ask questions and tour the judge's chambers. My son loved the whole experience!

My usually relaxed and easygoing DS14 (for an Aspie, anyway) had a total melt-down last night in the optician's, because I had selected a new pair of frames that were very different from my old ones, and I apparently no longer looked like myself. He was very, very upset, crying and yelling no, no.

He calmed down when we got home, and got somewhat more rational, although he tried to insist that he was not eating dinner cooked by someone who would order THOSE glasses. I explained to him that we could not get new lenses put in my old frames, since they are a decade old and not in great condition, and that the ones I ordered really were the ones I liked best. He agreed to give it a few days to see if he'd get used to the new ones, and if he couldn't I'd order a second pair to wear around him.

This is totally unlike him. He cries when he's upset, but he's not usually irrational. I'm sure that he uses things like glasses and hairstyles to help him recognise people, but he doesn't get upset when I cut or dye my hair or wear different styles of clothes.

My usually relaxed and easygoing DS14 (for an Aspie, anyway) had a total melt-down last night in the optician's, because I had selected a new pair of frames that were very different from my old ones, and I apparently no longer looked like myself. He was very, very upset, crying and yelling no, no.

He calmed down when we got home, and got somewhat more rational, although he tried to insist that he was not eating dinner cooked by someone who would order THOSE glasses. I explained to him that we could not get new lenses put in my old frames, since they are a decade old and not in great condition, and that the ones I ordered really were the ones I liked best. He agreed to give it a few days to see if he'd get used to the new ones, and if he couldn't I'd order a second pair to wear around him.

This is totally unlike him. He cries when he's upset, but he's not usually irrational. I'm sure that he uses things like glasses and hairstyles to help him recognise people, but he doesn't get upset when I cut or dye my hair or wear different styles of clothes.

My ds once came unglued because I got a perm while he was at school. He screamed and yelled, and told me to undo it. Then he stayed in his room for a few hours, which he never used to do at that age!

Please add that one to the DSM!!:lmao: It's astonishing how DS can build them most complicated Lego, K'nex, or Lincoln Log structure, but can't pour cereal into a bowl.:rolleyes1

OMG! This thread is too funny!

My Aspie DS 18 can remember the details, yet can't keep his school binder in order or find something right in front of him. Yet... he has a wicked sense of humor and gets (and gives!) sarcasm.

He is pretty easy going for an Aspie, and sometimes, when he two brothers are having their moments, I just look at him and say: "And you're the one in weekly therapy!"

They truly do see the world from a different angle and my life is richer because of him. These kids are constantly knocked down and get right back up and keep going!

"Would it be alright to say "I promise" since Webkinz rules say no swearing?"
:rotfl2: Explained the double meaning (no cursing) but he looked really unsure if I really knew what the heck I was talking about....

When DS9 was 5 he read "No Firearms" on a sign and wanted to know "Who in the world walks into a store with their arms on fire?!?!"

I have to agree this thread is too funny! I found myself chuckling at so many of them.

The last one about why anyone would go into a store with arms on fire really got to me!

Mine is my DS13 (Aspie) was told for a repeated time, "You are as slow as molasses." To which he just looked up and said, "Who is Molasses?"

Over the years there are been so many many more. I just wish I would have written them down.

A friend of DH's has a son with Aspergers who told his counselor he couldn't go home anymore. He said his father was a hit man for the mob. Reason; his father and mother dressed up in Roaring 20's clothing for a Halloween party.

Love these stories, found myself laughing out loud :)

My 6yo was playing Wii with DH the other day and won...to which my DH says Ohhh man, you beat my pants off! To which my son looked at him like he was an idiot and said no daddy, I beat your score, you keep your pants on when you play Wii!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter