Those weird conversations with Aspie kids....

My ds was fascinated with volcanoes as a preschooler. After the first snow of the season, he looked out the window and got all excited. He said " Ohh Mommy, it looks like a volcano exploded and blew ash all over everything!".
Last thing I would have thought of!!

Not a conversation, but in middleschool, he put this on a project:
Disclaimer
Ds is not responsible for any PowerPoint Poisoning or any injuries sustained from fainting due to how great his project is.

My ds was fascinated with volcanoes as a preschooler. After the first snow of the season, he looked out the window and got all excited. He said " Ohh Mommy, it looks like a volcano exploded and blew ash all over everything!".
Last thing I would have thought of!!

Not a conversation, but in middleschool, he put this on a project:
Disclaimer
Ds is not responsible for any PowerPoint Poisoning or any injuries sustained from fainting due to how great his project is.

ROFL!!!! :rotfl2:

I love this thread because I can hear DS saying just about everyone of these.

DP reminded my the other day of when DS was 5 and he got a HUGE splinter in his foot (about 2-3 inches long and it was deep). I wrestled with him for about 5 minutes trying to get him to let me take it out without having to go to the drs. office because of course it is a holiday weekend.

After listening to me struggle for about 5 minutes DP came in and said, "All right. Here come the big guns to help."

DP:scared1: "Why are you going to shoot me? Where is your gun?"

:lmao:

That made us all laugh while we explained about colloquialisms. Then we all were relaxed enough to get the sliver out.
:)

My ds15 recently hung a page up on the wall with a cat toy taped to it and the words - You know you want it - written on the paper. It is driving one of our cats crazy as she just can't reach it...

Jill

My ds15 recently hung a page up on the wall with a cat toy taped to it and the words - You know you want it - written on the paper. It is driving one of our cats crazy as she just can't reach it...

Jill

:rotfl2: Ouch! I think I cracked a rib!

Tonight I told dd that I was proud of her for taking the first steps in letting me know she needed help. Her reply was "what's the second step?'.

:rotfl: These are hysterical.

My son has only ever drawn ships, EVER. As a toddler, preschooler and early elementary school they were pirate ships. The EXACT same picture came home anytime he had to draw. All his writing journals at school had, you guessed it pirate ships. If he made cards, Pirate ships.

But each time he made one, he'd proudly show it and say "Guess what I drew, mom?" I'd say, "Hmmmm, let's see, a ship?" And in all sincerity, he'd reply, "How did YOU know?"

He finally branched out in the 2nd grade to new pictures. Finally a new subject.....The Titanic! :rotfl2:

Now in 5th grade, he is into the Monitor and the Merrimac (Civil War ships).

We literally have hundreds and hundreds of pirate ship drawings, but this halloween he finally made a pumpkin with no ship and recently brought home the Mona Lisa he drew.:)

:rotfl: These are hysterical.

My son has only ever drawn ships, EVER. As a toddler, preschooler and early elementary school they were pirate ships. The EXACT same picture came home anytime he had to draw. All his writing journals at school had, you guessed it pirate ships. If he made cards, Pirate ships.

But each time he made one, he'd proudly show it and say "Guess what I drew, mom?" I'd say, "Hmmmm, let's see, a ship?" And in all sincerity, he'd reply, "How did YOU know?"

He finally branched out in the 2nd grade to new pictures. Finally a new subject.....The Titanic! :rotfl2:

Now in 5th grade, he is into the Monitor and the Merrimac (Civil War ships).

We literally have hundreds and hundreds of pirate ship drawings, but this halloween he finally made a pumpkin with no ship and recently brought home the Mona Lisa he drew.:)

:banana: WE HAVE THIS ISSUE TOO! :rotfl2:
DS9 LOVES to draw and will draw the exact same things also. He does branch out with the seasons or his current interests but we still get hundreds of the same pictures (kid's a drawing machine!). This past Christmas- it was Santa (and elves) WITH muscles! Right now it is Sackboy. In 1st/2nd grade it was Lego Star Wars and 3rd was Spore. His room can easily become littered overnight when he is on a drawing binge. DH set up all kinds of software last year so he (and DS12) could branch out into claymation. They have become bored (for now) with it but little visitors always think it rocks.

Oh man ive laughed so much I have tears rolling down my face - some of these are can so hear my ds saying.:rotfl2:

The most recent thing he did had everyone at the hospital rolling on the floor laughing -

During a consult my ds dr was talking to me and said I think its time to just bite the bullet and get it over with !!
DS replied - Isnt that dangerous ??? You could get hurt shooting bullets into your mouth!! He then did a mime of someone shooting into their mouth and shrugged his shoulders totally baffled :lmao:

My ds leaves notes for his teacher too the one this week read - I would have finished this if I had time but I was playing my psp and I need to go back to it now! Bye

Another school based one -
My ds was having a meltdown every week about homework so I got his teacher to talk to him she told him that she expected him to sit at the table for 20 minutes and it didnt matter how much he had done as long as he had sat for 20 minutes.
Well you guessed it - I set the timer for 20 mins and walked away when it went off he got up and ran back to his beloved psp. On inspection his book was empty when I asked im why he said " My homework this week was to just sit at the table for 20 minutes so Ive done it "
Even his teacher didnt have an answer for that 1 x

Oh man ive laughed so much I have tears rolling down my face - some of these are can so hear my ds saying.:rotfl2:

The most recent thing he did had everyone at the hospital rolling on the floor laughing -

During a consult my ds dr was talking to me and said I think its time to just bite the bullet and get it over with !!
DS replied - Isnt that dangerous ??? You could get hurt shooting bullets into your mouth!! He then did a mime of someone shooting into their mouth and shrugged his shoulders totally baffled :lmao:

My ds leaves notes for his teacher too the one this week read - I would have finished this if I had time but I was playing my psp and I need to go back to it now! Bye

Another school based one -
My ds was having a meltdown every week about homework so I got his teacher to talk to him she told him that she expected him to sit at the table for 20 minutes and it didnt matter how much he had done as long as he had sat for 20 minutes.
Well you guessed it - I set the timer for 20 mins and walked away when it went off he got up and ran back to his beloved psp. On inspection his book was empty when I asked im why he said " My homework this week was to just sit at the table for 20 minutes so Ive done it "
Even his teacher didnt have an answer for that 1 x

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Kat, Santa and elves with muscles???????:rotfl2: I wish you could scan one and show us.:rotfl:

My dd's car was in a minor fender-bender. With my ds a car fanatic, I knew he would want to see it when we visited her last weekend.

When ds sees car, he yells "Oh no!".
I say something about the poor bumper and he says "No.....it ruined the bumper sticker"!

(By the way, this bumper sticker is about 7 yrs old and very faded, mostly unreadable.:confused3) I just had to laugh!

Had to post this before I forgot, not so much Aspie comment but funny nonetheless...

On our recent trip to WDW, dd asked me if people shake the sugar packets to make them sweeter. :confused3 (you know when you shake the packet to get all the sugar to the bottom before you tear the top off the packet?)

:lmao: It was funny at the time!

One of my favorites....my son came home around Christmastime with a picture he had drawn of a tree with presents all around and the words YOU written next to the tree.

Why you asked? Because his teacher had told him "draw you next to the tree"!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter