Three musketeers off to DLP (again), trip no.3, PTR -Autograph books are here!

Isila

There is a big beautiful tomorrow
Three musketeers off to DLP (again), trip no.3, PTR

Yes yes yes, we are going back.

Let me remind you of the cast:

First of all there is me ( I just pretend the trip is for the kids :rolleyes1). It will be my 3rd trip to DLP.
DSC_1043-1.jpg

Then my DS no.1, who's almost 7. Buzz Lightyear fan. It's his also 3rd trip to DLP.
DSC_0650.jpg

And our not so little one DS no.2 who will be 4. It will be his second time to DLP. Fan of Bolt, Buzz and Cars.
DSC_0527.jpg

THE PLAN (still under construction)

When: 20-26 March, 2013
Where: SL

Details: 5 night stay in SL, 1 night before and 1 night after in cheap hotel (due to flight times).

This time we're on tighter budget than last time, so all calculations, maths etc. are still in progress. I chose longer stay over me beloved HNY. At the moment I'm hunting for cheap flight tickets.

This trip will be the most exciting more. I even don't know what the future brings.

Most of you know how much fun I had booking this trip. For those who haven't hear it - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999703

Short summary:
I tried to book. They charged my card and no booking was done. So much fun to see my card 703 Euro less. Waiting for DLP response. They are investigating :magnify: I haven't got my money back yet. Should I send them my phone bill? It's their fault I had to call them :lmao:

I finally managed to book. And - oh no - the nice Irish site offer changed and price for 6 nights in SL grew to enormous 1000 Eur (it was 703 the night before).

I booked 5 night stay using other country site. :cheer2:

Now, I have even more fun planing my flights. Care to join? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002669

So, any help is very much appreciated :love:
1. Need to find best flight option.
2. Book a hotel for over night stay. Good deals are very welcome :wave2:
3. I have to make an autograph book this time. Have plenty time left.
4. Let's dance - we're going to DLP, we're going to DLP...
5. ... yes, I know, I'm insane. Perfectly insane.

As our preparations continue...

Lufthansa changed fly times and on the 19th there's no 18.55 landing flight:scared1: and I was so happy... Too soon.
Now I just have to find time to call DLP and ask a few questions:
1. Can I change my arrival day from 20th to 19th.
2. How much it would cost to add an extra night.
3. And how much does a room (no park tickets) would cost.

Easy... I'll wait for a good deal to come up and then call.

I LOVE your sons buzz costume! he looks so cute!

All the offers seem to be christmas based at the moment. I'm sure a juicy 40/50% one will be along soon :wave2:

I hope for one. An hope they let me upgrade :cool1:

Update

Last evening I was browsing internet for hotel deals and was lucky. Found a very nice price for Cheyenne on expedia.
So I booked:

March 19, 1 night in Cheyenne, for 3 of us, price 63,23 pounds. Yay.
March 25, 1 night in Cheyenne, for 3 of us, price 72,... pounds, Used discount coupon I got with my first booking. Payed 62, ... pounds. Yay.

So far, so good. Very good. Very happy with it. :cheer2:

- book overnight stay - CHECKED

still waiting for good flight deals. Maybe for Christmas?

Update, yay . We have 2 months, 2 weeks and 3 days left. basically it's just like we're going tomorrow. I will be so busy next two months. the time will just fly.
haven't bought flights yet. was waiting for a Christmas deal. no luck. maybe Lufthansa doesn't do ones?
Have to book RStransport for transfer.
Make autograph books.

I bought Mickey t-shirts for my boys. They don't have a clue we are going. I told them we would go if the save enough money. and they are saving, putting coins in their "saving box", counting almost everyday and at the moment they've saved enough to pay fully for dinner at Inventions + cocktails. Nice.
back to t-shirts. I decided to give this as gift from Mickey to dress up for their trip. Now I'm thinking on when and how to tell them. I'd love to keep it a secret until our departure day, but I have huge problem with that - how do I pack in secret????? :confused3 any ideas?

I was thinking to buy Mickey shaped baloon, stick to it wrapped t-shirts and add a letter, inviting for a visit. or maybe just get kids into the car, drive to airport and -suprise - we're going :lmao:

Let me know if you figure out how to pack in Secret - other than doing it in the dead of night! LOL We are planning our trip to DLP (for the 1st time!) in the Spring...and my son knows we are going at "some point" - and I'd like to surprise him, too!

Excited for you!

I could do that while kids are out. The bigger problem is where to hide the luggage :lmao: and kids have to pack their things too. If I do pack Mickey and Winnie the Pooh kids will notice they're gone :confused3

It's 2 months 2 weeks left. Yay yay yay :cool1:

so, I did some planing. dining plan in fact.

We are doing Sunday Brunch at Inventions. Can't wait for that.

also I have planned Agrabah cafe, Plaza gardens and Restaurant des stars. Will book them in advance. Done only Restaurant des stars before. Never found time to have a meal in Plaza gardens.

will pay a visit to Rainforest cafe, because it's great themed and little one hasn't been there yet. Should be fun.

I'm eager to try Agrabah cafe, but still not sure if kids will like it. Also I want to have meal in Annette's.

Too little time, too many places. ;)

Still haven't booked flights. I'd love to go for an early one, that would allow us more time in Disney village on our arrival day. But that's 6.15am flight and I think kids will be too tired after getting up so early and will have no fun at all. So we will probably choose 14.55 flight arriving 18.55 at CDG. An evening in Disney village should do. BUt I still want more time at DLP :rotfl: But that's normal, right? :lovestruc

Hi Isila, Im excited just reading this PTR. You could do your packing late at night. Its the stress free option! We told Jemma we were going to the Zoo. At 4am :lmao: She hopped around the hotel and airport when we told her the truth :)
Oooh your boys are adorable.
That was a fab deal for the Cheyenne. I would go for the early flight and spend the day relaxing and you could have an early night and be well rested then for your 1st park day.
Cant wait for the next planning installment :yay:
Kiz
x

We decided for the later flight as we probably won't be able to get a room this early and I imagine boys will need a nap! We'll have a lazy evening. I didn't tell the boys yet. I decided I will tell them on departure day, telling we're going to visit relatives in another town and spent a night there. They have to pack their toys! I'll make them travel goody bags with disney themed stuff and make a surprise while driving. Should be fun!

Thats a great idea and your right about the flights plus if you got the early one you'd be wishing you had tickets for that day and with no swimming pool in the Cheyenne it would be a long day. We got some nice activity books with crayons on sale from the disneystore website, they could be an idea for the goody bags ;)

it's a shame I'm not from UK. No sales here :lmao: in fact - no Disney store either.
but I've found nice activity books, comics etc. Toothbrushes too. Should be fun.

I love picking up all those bits and pieces. And you'd be surprised what you can pick up reasonably priced. Its trying to hide them until the trip is the hard bit!

If I kept the secret of going for almost 4 months, I think I'll be able to hide those bits. But it's so much fun, the exitement, the joy, I'm getting so impatient. Booking the flights tomorow!

Update!

I booked flights!
So we are leaving to CDG 19 March 14.55 via Frankfurt and arriving 18.55. Yay!
Departing 26 March 17.55. Yay!

Now to book transportation.

prices have gone up. happy I booked :cool1:
made a booking with RStransports. Last time they've send vouchers and this time only a confirmation a made a booking, nothing about pick up points. Will email them on Monday if nothing else comes.

We were the same this time when we booked them but had that email with the vouchers 3 days later so don't worry I bet you'll have it very soon :)
Did prices go up much? Love when ya time things just right :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter