Three Things...Gratitude Thread

God's extra blessing to dad and I of having a safe, warn, and clean kitchen period. That we alsi have needed food, water, and household supplies is further grace that I pray to not take for granted.

Grandma enjoyed cooking. Grandpa loved her more than anything of course and enjoyed the food she prepared. Her cookies were especially baked with love. Morning breakfast especially but all meals, of course, with my beloved dad in our kitchen as we sustain our bodies while communing in an extra way with God is such a special daily gift.

Many memories of time spent with God's precious children in the kitchen during church camps. Whether that was during a musical theater rehearsal, making food, or dividing up into 3 pieces the last blue otter pop out of love for 3 brothers, that time was a blessing to me indeed.

Dad and I God willing will go to Disneyland this coming May. We look forward to visiting ::MinnieMoonce again at her house in Toontown. Unlike ::MickeyMo's Disneyland house, which to us was always dark and dank, Minnie's was adorable. Her kitchen dishwasher in memory was especially fun to see. Small memories of an extra smile that indeed took place in a kitchen.

Didn’t have a dishwasher for the longest time growing up unless you count my sister 🤣🤣

Gas Stove I learned to cook on one imagine my horror in my first house it was electric so for the next 30 years I had an electric stove it took a lot of adjusting to get used to that I now have gas again And I had to learn to adjust again🤣🤣🤣 but I’m much prefer gas !!!

All my Pampered Chef stuff - Not the big stuff the little stuff your spatulas your spreaders all the little gadgets I absolutely love pampered chef their bread knives they’re back in the day and only cost a dollar pairing knives I still have them they still work and they’re still good my glass Measuring cups I could go on and on ❤️❤️

My extensive collection of serving dishing & platters - I’ve been collecting these for 40 years - garage sales / estate sales / flea markets etc - I have a nice collection of all kinds of themed serving dishes - having Mexican night - I’ve got you covered - summer party - yup ! Fancy dinner yup ! Need an olive tray I’m your person ! Finger bowls - come see me I’ve got them !! Having a lobster bake? I’ve got a lobster platter !!!

We used to do theme dinners all the time - pick a country and then make a menu it was great fun !!

1. Stand Mixer- She gets to stay out on the counter because she’s too big and heavy to store in a cabinet. She was always pretty, but even more so since DH gifted me with a ceramic decorative bowl. She’s not just good looks. Unlike a hand mixer, you can walk away from a stand mixer. It was such a help when the girls were younger. Over the years, that appliance has mixed batter for countless cakes, frostings, fillings, cookie dough, bread dough, meringue, potatoes, ricotta, etc. I only have one attachment, but the pasta piece works great as a mini sheeter for fondant…and maybe one day I’ll use it for pasta 😂

2. Immersion Blender/Electric Whisk Combo- SH got it for me several years ago, but I’ve only just started using it. It’s so much easier than using the full sized blender, big food processor or the full sized whisk on the stand mixer. I just used it the other night for a sauce that didn’t develop properly in the Instant Pot.

3. Mandoline- It’s more labor intensive than the food processor, but the cuts are more uniform and refined …and it’s certainly faster than hand work with a knife.

My kitchen is very small and still has the old marigold counter tops from when it was built in the 70’s, but I still love it. I surround myself with things I love, most have nothing to do with cooking!
1. My radio/small boombox. My family always had a radio in the kitchen. I listen to mine every morning and play my Disney CD’s on it also.
2. My refrigerator, for it’s functionality, but also for all the memories I have covered it with; magnets and photos and even newspaper clippings. My DGD loves playing with the magnets and moving things around to make designs.
3. My Haunted Mansion hot mitts that I bought online one day on a whim to cheer myself up.
IMG_1849.jpeg

(Sat, 3/9) - 3 things you're grateful for in the kitchen

Even thought I really not a great cook (maybe not even a good cook), I love the kitchen. I feel it's kind of the heart of the family in a way!

When we built our house, our builder told me that I have a 4 butt kitchen. I was confused, but he said that's how he measures kitchens - by how many people can effectively work in them lol. Our's is apparently 4 lol!

1. I love the size of our kitchen, it has lots of countertops and lots of cabinets. Our builder thought it was too many, but I wish I had even more lol!

2. I love my air fryer. So easy to use and makes leftovers so much better!

3. I love my dishes. We still use the same dishes that I registered for when we got married over 31 years ago and I still love them! - I have the pfaltzgraff remembrance pattern!

My extensive collection of serving dishing & platters - I’ve been collecting these for 40 years - garage sales / estate sales / flea markets etc - I have a nice collection of all kinds of themed serving dishes - having Mexican night - I’ve got you covered - summer party - yup ! Fancy dinner yup ! Need an olive tray I’m your person ! Finger bowls - come see me I’ve got them !! Having a lobster bake? I’ve got a lobster platter !!!

We used to do theme dinners all the time - pick a country and then make a menu it was great fun !!

I strive to be you lol! I love having fun dishes for special dinners and occasions! You must have quite a bit of storage though because they take up so much room in cabinets! My seasonal dishes are mostly casserole dishes, but I'm working on building my collection!

1. I second the stand mixer. Love mine. I probably use it mostly for grating blocks of cheese. Love the grating attachment.

Is this the attachment? I might have to ask for this! I have a manual grater that just doesn’t feel as efficient. I don’t think I’ve seen this before. My mind always goes to the various pasta related pieces and the meat grinder.

IMG_1547.jpeg

OMG I have those pieces stored EVERYWHERE 🤣🤣🤣 give me plenty of notice to locate an unusual item God may have to tell me where I placed it for safe keeping !!! Luckily the house we moved to has a LOT more kitchen space so I can put a lot of my items together now !! Except for the really big pieces they are banned to the basement when not on display as they won’t fit in a cabinet and my bakers rack is full
I spent over an hour last month looking for my muffin tins - I only have 6 pans couldn’t find them 😡😡😡 I know where they are now !! Joys of having someone rearrange my kitchen for me !!! ( I didn’t ask for that to happen BTW) I’m still trying to find things !!
I’m always on the look out for Platters and bowls you can never have too many !!! They are great to decorate with too !!

My new appliances. We have lived in this house 20 years, and the stove and fridge were ancient when we moved in. We finally replaced both in the past year and I love them! I wish we'd spent the money on them sooner. I already told DH, if we move, the fridge is coming with us!

All the pictures and notes that are on my metal cabinets. So many smiles and good memories.

Our coffee maker and the Keurig. Can't live without our morning coffee!

Is this the attachment? I might have to ask for this! I have a manual grater that just doesn’t feel as efficient. I don’t think I’ve seen this before. My mind always goes to the various pasta related pieces and the meat grinder.

View attachment 840452
Yes. That’s it. DD likes it when I finely grate cheddar cheese for taco night.

I also have the meat grinder—use it a few times a year and actually just recently got the food processor attachment and the pasta one. Used the pasta one once—my technique needs some work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter