• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Throw some new ideas out at me...

got15

DIS Veteran
I feel like we are in a Disney Dining rut (I know #firstworldproblems). We are traveling with our kids (8&4) and we tend to do a lot of Character Meals- or meals with some sort of entertainment for the kids (Ohana, Whispering Canyon). We are AP holders so we have eaten at most Monorail and MK restaurants. We have a pretty wide food like spectrum (some are picky and others are more exotic) and are not against branching out. But, I feel like we hit a lot of the same places all the time. Please tell me the last awesome meal that you had- or a place that deserves a second shot-or that you were surprised by. This will be our one trip for the year and only requests were Chef Mickeys and no Wave. Thanks friends!

Currently we have booked:
1900 Park Fare- Dinner
Tusker House- Dinner
Chef Mickeys breakfast (totally kid ask- birthday wish)
Boma - Dinner
Trattoria Al Forno- Dinner
Whispering Canyon - Dinner
Grand Floridian Cafe- Breakfast

U.K. Pavilion at Epcot the sit down restaurant in that pavilion for lunch lots of like meat/potato stuff in the menu?

How far are you willing to go?

Are you willing to kinda go off-ish property just a tad to go all the way over to Downtown Disney/now Disney Springs to eat dinner? Isn't like Disney asprings all brand new with all new restaurants and stuff?

As a kid I always loved Rain forest Cafe but I hear the food sucks there now

House of Blues I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there growing up?

Are you be willing go to Off Property to the International Drive area they have a lot of good restaurants plus all your usual chain restaurants if that's all your kids are willing to eat?

Are/is your willing willing enough to take a bit of a longer drive to go and hangout at City Walk at Universal to Eat and walk around?

I've heard on The Dis Unplugged that

1. Monsieur Paul - France Pavilion Epcot Amazing French Food?

2 Nine Dragon's - China Pavilion Epcot Good Chinese Food?

3. Restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge they are always raving about so I assume they are amazing if they say they are I've never been over there but I trust them so...

Is the Edison the new restaurant with the Burlesque Dancers where it's 18+ adult only hours at like 6PM-12AM? Or something?

You mentioned that you’ve been to many MK spots, but have you tried Skippers Canteen? It was one of our family’s favorites a few weeks ago. We also enjoyed Satu’li Canteen at AK.

Our favorites are Artist Point at WL and Spice Road Table in EP. Zero entertainment, but great food. If you haven't been to Ft. W yet, I would consider Trail's End so the kids can visit the stable. I would also consider Sanaa over Boma.

I'm going to shake it up a bit and mention that I had two really good healthy meals on my January trip that surprised and delighted me, as I'd never ate at either place and they were both QS; Tangierine Cafe at Morocco, and Satu'li Canteen in Pandora AK. The weather was so lovely we didn't want to be trapped indoors and each of these had indoor and outdoor seating, the food was very very good and fresh, and it didn't waste any time.

I feel like we are in a Disney Dining rut (I know #firstworldproblems). We are traveling with our kids (8&4) and we tend to do a lot of Character Meals- or meals with some sort of entertainment for the kids (Ohana, Whispering Canyon). We are AP holders so we have eaten at most Monorail and MK restaurants. We have a pretty wide food like spectrum (some are picky and others are more exotic) and are not against branching out. But, I feel like we hit a lot of the same places all the time. Please tell me the last awesome meal that you had- or a place that deserves a second shot-or that you were surprised by. This will be our one trip for the year and only requests were Chef Mickeys and no Wave. Thanks friends!

Currently we have booked:
1900 Park Fare- Dinner
Tusker House- Dinner
Chef Mickeys breakfast (totally kid ask- birthday wish)
Boma - Dinner
Trattoria Al Forno- Dinner
Whispering Canyon - Dinner
Grand Floridian Cafe- Breakfast
I am going to assume that you are not using Disney Dining, because if you are, stop reading my ideas (they may cost you more $$).

-- Tusker House and Boma are a bit redundant for dinner. If I were traveling to AKLodge, Sanaa (or Jiko) would be my choice, especially, if Tusker House was a 'done deal'. Or, switch out Tusker for Tiffins.
-- Hoop Dee Doo has more entertainment than any of your choices. Food is meh, but certainly a lively time.
-- Il Mulino is better food than Trattoria al Forno on/near Boardwalk. If planning a journey to Al Forno, the Bon Voyage breakfast has Ariel & Rapunzel with their Princes.

With the ages of the kids, I would consider Coral Reef at EPCOT. The food isn't great, but the kids love eating and watching the aquarium.
At MK, another vote for Skipper Canteen if you haven't tried it.
Really enjoyed Satu'li Canteen in AK.

Two of my daughter's favorites are Raglan Road for the music and dancers and Tepan Edo in Epcot.

It really depends on what you and your kids like other than character meals. Some of our favourites (disclosure: we have no kids).

Jiko
Tiffin's (or Nomad lounge outside - if you can find space - for snacks like bread service or charcuterie platter or nibbles/appetizers)
Morimoto Asia
Teppan Edo (has a little bit of entertainment as the chef cooks at your table)
California Grill
Kona Cafe (lunch or breakfast)

Yak and Yeti in AK was probably the biggest surprise of our last trip - and the best kid menu we saw as well

definitely worth a lunch reservation if you will be in AK during the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter