Ticket Price Increase - Fall 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no it's ok, I didn't take it that way at all! That's just how it is, their objective is to profit. If I am unable to go eventually them that's what will happen. Fortunately it's just a vacation spot and not anything necessary for life survival!! However I do think if they make it complicated or miserable enough, or not enough value for the money, word of mouth and reputation will eventually have an effect.
I agree 100%...except about WDW visits not being necessary for life survival...

Okay, I guess you're probably right about that, too; I just hope I never have to test that theory out...;)

So knowing this, I’m prepping myself to buy tickets for my August 2019 trip today. Question: should an emergency occur and I need to postpone my trip beyond 2019, does Disney allow me to ‘credit’ ticket money towards new tickets for a new year (understanding at a new price)? I wouldn’t be asking for a refund. Or am I sol if I can’t use before 12/31/19?

So knowing this, I’m prepping myself to buy tickets for my August 2019 trip today. Question: should an emergency occur and I need to postpone my trip beyond 2019, does Disney allow me to ‘credit’ ticket money towards new tickets for a new year (understanding at a new price)? I wouldn’t be asking for a refund. Or am I sol if I can’t use before 12/31/19?

I just went and bought my tickets on Undercover Tourist last night. They state on the site that if you want to use them after 12/31/19 you have to take the tickets to guest services and they will apply those tickets towards new ones, plus whatever the difference in cost is between the old and new. So I'm assuming it works just like that if buying directly through Disney.

I just went and bought my tickets on Undercover Tourist last night. They state on the site that if you want to use them after 12/31/19 you have to take the tickets to guest services and they will apply those tickets towards new ones, plus whatever the difference in cost is between the old and new. So I'm assuming it works just like that if buying directly through Disney.
This is helpful - so you’d take expired tickets to guest svc in the new year (say, 2020), or before the trip? I live in NY so I can’t just pop on over there if not tacked onto the actual trip. Would mde let you make FP+ reservations with expired tickets?

This is helpful - so you’d take expired tickets to guest svc in the new year (say, 2020), or before the trip? I live in NY so I can’t just pop on over there if not tacked onto the actual trip. Would mde let you make FP+ reservations with expired tickets?
No FP+. That’s why dealing with expiration dates is a very real thing.

I just bought tickets for our April trip. If we don’t actually go by the end of 2019, we’ll lose advance FP+.

That part I have no idea. Here is the Tickets Sticky Thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/

In Post #2 it states:

"Tickets currently being sold will expire if not first-used on or before Dec. 31, 2019.
However, if this ticket is never used by a guest and allowed to expire,
the purchase price of the ticket is not "lost" to the guest.
The unused and expired ticket can be turned in at WDW and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket."

To me that sounds like it can only be done in person? Which stinks -- I'm also in NY so I get not being able to just swing by there and pop in....

[ETA] See post above mine..

I suppose the reality is that anything that would stop a vacation (emergency) would get in the way even if I bought the tickets 3 months before the trip. The difference is that 2019 expiration vs. 2020 and only having 4 school months to squeeze in a trip. I wish I knew how much a price increase we were looking at.

I suppose the reality is that anything that would stop a vacation (emergency) would get in the way even if I bought the tickets 3 months before the trip. The difference is that 2019 expiration vs. 2020 and only having 4 school months to squeeze in a trip. I wish I knew how much a price increase we were looking at.

Earlier in the thread there are some predictions on price increases. But based on the past we usually have a few days notice before new prices go into effect.

We’re going in February and I need a ticket for DH (DS and I are AP holders since we visit more frequently). In the past, we usually got a day or 2 advance notice. I’m prepared to grab a ticket from UT immediately upon that news

I can’t say that it’s impossible to trade in your old expired ticket for a new one by calling the Disney ticketing phone number.

They once allowed me to trade my non-MK 1-day ticket for an MK 1-day ticket, entirely over the phone. The conventional wisdom was this needed to be done in person.

This occurred to me after I posted earlier.

I put down a deposit on a package for sept 2019. I have a 4 day park hopper, but realistically, I’ll need to upgrade to like 7 days, with 3 of those upgraded to park hopper plus water park. I was told I can’t do the upgrade for part of a room before the fact but once there, I can upgrade just the water park folks. How would that upgrade work with new tickets? Or course, my goal is to get free dining, in which case I’d have to go to the current system anyway right?

Any ideas about FL AP increases/changes? Trying to decide if I want to renew my son's Silver AP before it expires in Oct. or wait...

I put down a deposit on a package for sept 2019. I have a 4 day park hopper, but realistically, I’ll need to upgrade to like 7 days, with 3 of those upgraded to park hopper plus water park. I was told I can’t do the upgrade for part of a room before the fact but once there, I can upgrade just the water park folks. How would that upgrade work with new tickets? Or course, my goal is to get free dining, in which case I’d have to go to the current system anyway right?

I am curious how upgrading or bridging will work as well. I plan to but now for Nov 2019 but there is a small chance I will need to bridge to AP at end of trip.

I'm honestly very worried now. Our trip is in January and I wasn't going to purchase tickets till November. The original plan was to upgrade to APs once we got there. if prices increase, I can't justify it. Reality is, Disney is starting to price us out.

In the rumblings being heard, I kknow they ssay October.... Do you think early, late?

Do you have any idea how it will affect the Canadian resident tickets that are on sale? Will they leave those alone/as is? Or will will the price change affect them too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter