A. It MIGHT be possible to get the renewal rate for a Premiere AP (but, I don't know what amount that would be.)
1. I'm at a loss as why you'd pick that particular ticket from which to upgrade.
2. But, you said your Disneyland AP renewal window begins BEFORE your WDW arrival.
3. There's no reason (advantage or disadvantage) to using a ticket at a park before upgrading.

The Premiere AP is such a unique ticket that I'm not certain whether it varies from some of the "normal" practices of AP purchase and renewal.

Regardless, :welcome: to the DISboards, hichicha!

Hi Robo. Thanks for the welcome.

1. I guess we only want to gamble on paying for a 4-day ticket if we could be refused renewal or upgrade. Is there another ticket we should consider?
2. I think we could renew our Disneyland AP online before we arrive and then request the upgrade at WDW using our tickets? But would the upgrade apply to the current AP year (ending June 2018) or to the next AP year (Starting June 2018)? I think I may have to call Disneyland's AP line and see what they suggest.

Thanks.

Hi Robo. Thanks for the welcome.

1. I guess we only want to gamble on paying for a 4-day ticket if we could be refused renewal or upgrade. Is there another ticket we should consider?
2. I think we could renew our Disneyland AP online before we arrive and then request the upgrade at WDW using our tickets? But would the upgrade apply to the current AP year (ending June 2018) or to the next AP year (Starting June 2018)? I think I may have to call Disneyland's AP line and see what they suggest.

Thanks.

1. The idea of price-bridging is to purchase a ticket from an authorized ticket
reseller at a discount price... at the BEST discount (saves the most money) available at the time (ticket deals vary.)
2. Its uncertain that you will get a competent "phone CM" who can correctly answer your questions.
The number I have is for WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat.
I don't know how well versed they are with the Premiere AP, but its worth a call.

Click HERE to jump down to post #3726 for more info.

Last edited:
This thread has been so hopefully! But I do have a few questions, I will be going to WDW in May and would like to upgrade my 5 day park hopper tickets to an annual pass.
1. I currently have the memory maker on our reservation do I need to cancel that or can they just put that money towards my annual pass since the AP now includes MM.
2. I am going with a friend and we are on the same reservation with the MYW package, will I be able to upgrade before i go if she doesn't?
3. We have free dining as a part of our reservation due to a bounce back offer, will I lose this offer if I upgrade before we get to the parks??
TIA!

This thread has been so hopefully! But I do have a few questions, I will be going to WDW in May and would like to upgrade my 5 day park hopper tickets to an annual pass.
1. I currently have the memory maker on our reservation do I need to cancel that or can they just put that money towards my annual pass since the AP now includes MM.
2. I am going with a friend and we are on the same reservation with the MYW package, will I be able to upgrade before i go if she doesn't?
3. We have free dining as a part of our reservation due to a bounce back offer, will I lose this offer if I upgrade before we get to the parks??
TIA!
1. It might be easier to cancel before the trip.
2. & 3. Wait until you are at WDW to upgrade.

You can upgrade another WDW AP or DL Passport to a Premier Passport, but the Premier doesn't have a renewal discount (and never has). It's currently $1,630.32.

You can upgrade another WDW AP or DL Passport to a Premier Passport, but the Premier doesn't have a renewal discount (and never has). It's currently $1,630.32.

I have never seen a renewal rate for the Premiere AP, but since all of the other APs have one, I didn't rule it out.

Cost on the Disney site HERE is listed as:
Each Disney Premier Passport can be purchased for $1,579 plus tax.

Since FLORIDA tax (6.5 %) on theme park tickets is added by law,
they cut the Premiere AP price in half ($789.50) and
say that "half" of the AP would be the Florida price
So, adding the tax to the FL portion that would mean the cost of the Premiere AP would be (as said) $1630.32.

If you (hichicha) wanted to get the renewal rate for your current DLR AP, then upgrade to Premiere AP, the Premiere AP would (likely) not take effect until the date of your DLR AP anniversary date, so the DLR AP renewal looks to be off the table.

I don't think that it will be possible to get any kind of "deal" on this particular transaction, due to your DLR AP timing.

(It would be possible to buy a CURRENT authorized WDW reseller's discounted ticket now and upgrade that to a WDW AP when you arrive, then upgrade that WDW AP to the Premiere AP.
That would allow you to keep whatever discount you got from buying the reseller's ticket.)

If you want a Premiere AP that will be good at WDW on your arrival date, (and continue for a year after that at both WDW and DLR) looks like you will just have to buy the Premiere, outright, and forget your current DLR AP.

FWIW, I would try making the call to WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
and fully discuss this unique situation.

Last edited:
$25 is the current price to add the "Plus" (Water Parks, etc.) to a WDW Hopper ticket.
(Last year it was $15.)

All prices, plus tax.

We booked a package through Disney directly (with 2017 ticket prices) for our upcoming stay in August. These were base tickets. At the time, upgrading to parks hoppers with water parks was around $96 per ticket. Now it's around $106 with 2018 prices. Any idea which price we will need to pay if I want to add the park hoppers and water parks while were are at WDW this August?

Thanks,
Dan

We booked a package through Disney directly (with 2017 ticket prices) for our upcoming stay in August. These were base tickets. At the time, upgrading to parks hoppers with water parks was around $96 per ticket. Now it's around $106 with 2018 prices. Any idea which price we will need to pay if I want to add the park hoppers and water parks while were are at WDW this August?

The cost to add Hopper with (or without the Plus) can be dependent on the number of "days" on your base tickets.
So, without knowing that, I can't do the math.

"TECHNICALLY," below is the procedure

Your tickets were created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018.
So the formal upgrade procedure would be:

Find the full Disney 2017 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2017 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2017 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

Can you please post the number of days on your package tickets?

BTW, was there a reason (like "Free Dining") that you bought resort package tickets?

The cost to add Hopper with (or without the Plus) can be dependent on the number of "days" on your base tickets.
So, without knowing that, I can't do the math.

"TECHNICALLY," below is the procedure

Your tickets were created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018.
So the formal upgrade procedure would be:

Find the full Disney 2017 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2017 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2017 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.

Can you please post the number of days on your package tickets?

BTW, was there a reason (like "Free Dining") that you bought resort package tickets?

Thank you Robo.

Yes, Disney had a "one free quick service meal per person per day" offer if you booked a package through select value resorts. They are 10 day base tickets. All guests are 10+ yrs old.

By your calculations it looks like I will need to pay the full upgrade price to match 2018 prices, not only for the hopper and water park upgrade, but also the base ticket price.

I thought there was some way to "lock in" the pricing structure under which your tickets were purchased by using them at a gate, and then upgrading afterword?

Dan

Thank you Robo.

Yes, Disney had a "one free quick service meal per person per day" offer if you booked a package through select value resorts. They are 10 day base tickets. All guests are 10+ yrs old.

By your calculations it looks like I will need to pay the full upgrade price to match 2018 prices, not only for the hopper and water park upgrade, but also the base ticket price.

I thought there was some way to "lock in" the pricing structure under which your tickets were purchased by using them at a gate, and then upgrading afterword?

Dan

Price-bridging continues to work for third-party discounted tickets, but it (on its face) seems to no longer work for tickets bought
via resort packages since Feb. 12, 2017.

However, it never hurts to "ask nicely" for the CURRENT upgrade price for the Hopper
(As though your tickets were new, 2018 tickets.)
You never know.

Hi! I'm sorry, I'm sure this question has been answered many times but this is a long, and very helpful, thread! I'm a little confused about the price bridging. My friend bought an 8 day park hopper before the 2018 increase, she would like to upgrade to an annual pass when we are there in September. Is there any benefit to using the ticket first before upgrading? From my understanding, in the past at least, if you used the ticket first then it would "lock" it into the 2018 pricing and then you would pay the difference from a 8 day park hopper and an ap in the 2018 pricing while actually paying the 2017 pricing for the 8 day ticket. Is that not accurate anymore? She did buy it from an authorized resaler. I hope this makes sense! Second question, can the front desk at the resorts unlink a ticket from an account and give you that as a physical ticket or does that need to be done at a guest relations window? Thank you!!

Be prepared for these to maybe take a little while. I had to activate two of these "Wedding Annual" certificates from 2012 for a couple of guests last October, and they wouldn't process correctly in the computer, so I had to do a long and complicated workaround that required some paperwork.

They ARE still valid - they just don't do what they're supposed to because their old ticket type hasn't existed in so long that the computer no longer automatically puts them to Platinum.

Lovely thank you!
I wont have to pay the cost difference between an annual pass in 2010 and now will I? An AP is an AP - I give the card they give me magic?

I added the certificate # to MDE and it "found" and recognized them so I am doing good there so far :D I have also been emailing with ticketing so when we go I can bring that printed out email in case I run into issues (10 hours to get from our home airport to MCO so I am not taking any chances) but their turn around time seems to be around 5 business days for responses and I get itchy.
I am hoping if it takes a while they wont mind us ditching and then coming back instead of staring at the staff with a very fired up giddy magic princess 6 year old!

Hi! I'm sorry, I'm sure this question has been answered many times but

1. this is a long, and very helpful, thread!
2. I'm a little confused about the price bridging.
3. My friend bought an 8 day park hopper before the 2018 increase, she would like to upgrade to an annual pass when we are there in September.
4. Is there any benefit to using the ticket first before upgrading?
5. From my understanding, in the past at least, if you used the ticket first then it would "lock" it into the 2018 pricing and then you would pay the difference from a 8 day park hopper and an ap in the 2018 pricing while actually paying the 2017 pricing for the 8 day ticket.
6. Is that not accurate anymore?
7. She did buy it from an authorized resaler.
8. Second question, can the front desk at the resorts unlink a ticket from an account and give you that as a physical ticket or does that need to be done at a guest relations window? Thank you!!

1. You don't need to read through the whole thread.
Answers to these kind of questions are explained in the first half-dozen, or so, posts.
Ticket Upgrades are specifically, HERE. (In the post called "Upgrading Tickets")
2. Everybody is. ;)
3a. OK. More in 3b, below.
4. Nope.
5. Nope. (Ignoring the "use first" aspect. Price-bridging is now dependent on when the original ticket was minted (printed/created.)
6. Nope.
7. That's good.
8. Nope. Can only be done at a Guest Relations or Ticket Booth.
(But, is there a reason you want that to be done?)

3b. Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter
Created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 ("2017 Prices")
To upgrade:

So-
$904.19 (Platinum AP, 2018 price)
-527.18 (8-day PH, 2017 price)
=377.01 (Cost to upgrade at WDW)

(All prices include tax.)

Last edited:
Hi Robo or anyone that can help! (BTW, you have helped me several times over the years, a heartfelt thank you!!!)

Activating an AP for my husband, details are we are heading to a water park the day before, can they activate an AP there? FYI, the AP is not for water parks, we have a separate ticket for that, but wondering if they have that service available, which would be a huge help with the next morning being a 7 am opening at the Magic Kingdom and we want to hit the ground running.

If they cannot, second option, I believe the AP can be activated at Disney Springs guest services? If so, how late on March 29th would that location and service be available, we wouldn't be able to get there until about 11 pm.

Last option, if we do have to activate on the morning of March 30 at MK, with park opening at 7:00 am, what time would the guest services window be open?

Sincere gratitude to any information that can be provided to help with this process. Have a magical day!!! Erin

Hi Robo or anyone that can help!
1. (BTW, you have helped me several times over the years, a heartfelt thank you!!!)

Activating an AP for my husband, details are we are heading to a water park the day before,
2. can they activate an AP there? FYI, the AP is not for water parks, we have a separate ticket for that,
3. but wondering if they have that service available, which would be a huge help with the next morning being a 7 am opening at the Magic Kingdom and we want to hit the ground running.

If they cannot, second option,
4. I believe the AP can be activated at Disney Springs guest services? If so,
5. how late on March 29th would that location and service be available, we wouldn't be able to get there until about 11 pm.

Last option,
6. if we do have to activate on the morning of March 30 at MK, with park opening at 7:00 am, what time would the guest services window be open?

Sincere gratitude to any information that can be provided to help with this process. Have a magical day!!! Erin

1. You're welcome!
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes. DS "Welcome Center" is a Guest Relations.
5. I'm not sure of the Welcome Center's hours.
6. 6:15 to 6:30-ish.

1. You're welcome!
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes. DS "Welcome Center" is a Guest Relations.
5. I'm not sure of the Welcome Center's hours.
6. 6:15 to 6:30-ish.

Thanks Robo, lifesaver as always! Activating at the water park will be super easy and convenient. You rock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter