I am considering bidding on four 1 day park hopper passes at my daughter's school auction. We are only going to be at the parks one day before our DCL cruise. Question on restrictions- I know there are block out dates and it mentions Dec 25-31. Our cruise is June 8th, 2019 (within the expiration date of the tickets). What is the likely hood of the tickets being blocked out for June 7th? Is it typical for comp tickets to have a lot of blocked out dates?

I am considering bidding on four 1 day park hopper passes at my daughter's school auction. We are only going to be at the parks one day before our DCL cruise. Question on restrictions- I know there are block out dates and it mentions Dec 25-31. Our cruise is June 8th, 2019 (within the expiration date of the tickets). What is the likely hood of the tickets being blocked out for June 7th? Is it typical for comp tickets to have a lot of blocked out dates?

Tickets that get donated for schools and charities are usually "Executive Comps" in our computer system that generally only have blockouts at the Xmas season. I can't say for sure that's what these are but if I had to bet on it I'd say you'll be okay.

Tickets that get donated for schools and charities are usually "Executive Comps" in our computer system that generally only have blockouts at the Xmas season. I can't say for sure that's what these are but if I had to bet on it I'd say you'll be okay.

Thanks ravenclawtrekkie! That's what I am hoping. They say they have a value of $648 so I wasn't sure if they could only be used during certain times like value season (I think it will be regular season when we go).

I have 4 day park hoppers as part of my whole stay/dining package. I am considering upgrading them to AP. Can I upgrade them at the hotel or do I have to go to Guest Services?

I have 4 day park hoppers as part of my whole stay/dining package. I am considering upgrading them to AP. Can I upgrade them at the hotel or do I have to go to Guest Services?

A ticket booth at a park is going to be your best bet for having it done as close to correctly as possible and in a timely manner. Option #2 would be a Guest Relations location at a park or at Disney Springs. I've heard conflicting things on whether or not hotels can still do APs, and they screw up ticket stuff so often I can't even count the number of things they've done that I've had to fix.

Is there any possibility of upgrading a ticket to an AP after we’ve left the parks? We have a 7 day PH ticket with one day not used.

My bf couldn’t decide if he wanted to upgrade while we’re there (urgh) but would now like to. I’m 99.99% sure there’s nothing to be done, but thought I’d ask.

Is there any possibility of upgrading a ticket to an AP after we’ve left the parks?

Not after going home from WDW.
Your ticket will remain valid up to 14 days from first use, but the upgrade can only be done in-person at WDW.

This past Monday, I upgraded my 7-day PH that I bought from UCT in December 2017. I was given credit for only the amount I paid for the ticket, not for the WDW-direct price or the gate price. I asked in two different Guest Relations venues (one in AK, where the ticket was upgraded, and one in MK) and was told that this is how they do this now--that you get credit for only the price you paid, not the price that WDW would have charged (I had a discount from UCT) or the gate price. Yes?

This past Monday, I upgraded my 7-day PH that I bought from UCT in December 2017. I was given credit for only the amount I paid for the ticket, not for the WDW-direct price or the gate price. I asked in two different Guest Relations venues (one in AK, where the ticket was upgraded, and one in MK) and was told that this is how they do this now--that you get credit for only the price you paid, not the price that WDW would have charged (I had a discount from UCT) or the gate price.

Yes?

No.
First off, how would a ticket CM know how much you paid UT for the ticket?

The current Ticket Upgrading procedure is explained in the Tickets Sticky HERE.

You may be able to get your situation "adjusted."

Last edited:
No.
First off, how would a ticket CM know how much you paid UT for the ticket?

The current Ticket Upgrading procedure in found in the Tickets Sticky HERE.

Hi, Robo,
OK. Now I'm thoroughly confused. I may be reading these charts wrong, but from what I gather:
(a) The 7-day PH = $516.53 (inc. tax)
(b) The AP = $904.19 (inc. tax)

Therefore, my upgrade should have cost $387.66.

I was charged $449.64, which means they valued my 7-day PH at $454.55, not $516.53.

Sorry if I've misunderstood something, but I want to make sure that WDW didn't misunderstand something, because that's $61.98, not an inconsiderable amount of $, and I don't want to go stand in line yet again at Guest Relations if I'm wrong about this.

Thank you, Robo!

And to further complicate matters, I paid $465.95 for my ticket, which I bought on December 26, 2017.

Hi, Robo,
OK. Now I'm thoroughly confused. I may be reading these charts wrong, but from what I gather:
(a) The 7-day PH = $516.53 (inc. tax)
(b) The AP = $904.19 (inc. tax)

Therefore, my upgrade should have cost $387.66.

I was charged $449.64, which means they valued my 7-day PH at $454.55, not $516.53.

Your above calculations are correct.

And to further complicate matters, I paid $465.95 for my ticket, which I bought on December 26, 2017.
That's why I said that the ticket CM wouldn't know what YOU paid UT for your ticket.
(They can only see what UT paid Disney for the ticket... which, of course, is LESS than what YOU paid.)

That's why I said that the ticket CM wouldn't know what YOU paid UT for your ticket.
(They can only see what UT paid Disney for the ticket... which, of course, is LESS than what YOU paid.)

Hi again, Robo,

I spoke to yet another Guest Relations CM--this one at DAK. After pleading my case--and, I guess, wrongly telling them that I bought the ticket from a ticket broker--I was told that in fact the value of my ticket was $454.55, not either the amount I paid for it ($465.95) or the list price ($516.53) and that that amount was what they base the upgraded price on. And therefore, I was charged the correct amount.

The CM was not very nice about this at all, especially after she had to go into the "back" in order to verify that what she originally told me--to wit, that their system is infallible--was true. And also I should never have mentioned that I had gotten my information from the Internet, because, apparently, that's just the utterly wrong thing to say.

But it wouldn't've mattered what I said. They are right, they stand by that rightness, and my ticket was worth $454.55 and the upgrade was the $449.64 I paid them. Period.

So either they're wrong but unwilling to do anything about it or the info here on the DIS is wrong, perhaps because WDW changed their policy in the last few days.

Incidentally, while I was standing and waiting for the CM to emerge from the back, I noticed several other transactions that guests were having with CMs at Guest Relations at DAK, and there were a lot of very unhappy guests and quite stern CMs. Perhaps it was just the time of day, but that was hardly the Disney experience I'm used to.

I'm not happy about eating the $61.98, but I'm going to have to. Tomorrow is our last day and I'm not going to spend another 1/2 hour standing in line to find out that the WDW computer is infallible and that I'm owed nothing. If there's any other recourse I might have, please let me know. But right now I'm just writing it off.

ETA: I was also told that the price I paid the ticket broker was more than the WDW value of the ticket at the time it was issued. Which made zero sense to me.

I'm not happy about eating the $61.98, but I'm going to have to. Tomorrow is our last day and I'm not going to spend another 1/2 hour standing in line to find out that the WDW computer is infallible and that I'm owed nothing. If there's any other recourse I might have, please let me know. But right now I'm just writing it off.

Sorry that you have been treated so poorly.

There have been many reports over the years of incorrect ticket upgrades that have been corrected after a guest has returned home.
That may be your best bet.
Post back when you have time at home.

ETA: I was also told that the price I paid the ticket broker was more than the WDW value of the ticket at the time it was issued. Which made zero sense to me.

Yup. That is a doozie of a statement, and also points out the depth of the
misunderstanding that CM must have of how to read the ticket info from the computer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter