It seemed odd to me too, because that was my understanding. But on the pics taken prior to the 6th I'm still getting this:

View attachment 308524

I e-mailed photopass services yesterday and haven't heard back yet, but I assume it'll get resolved eventually.

Makes me wonder what kind of computer entries the CM made to activate your AP.
Since it was not back-dated to the start of your original ticket, there may be some kind of manual override
that the CM used that has messed things up.

So Disney is not price bridging tickets from its own WDW travel company package? So, if I reserved my package in 2017 (old price) and I want to add a day, I would need to pay the difference between the price I paid for them and the current additional day gate price?

So Disney is not price bridging tickets from its own WDW travel company package? So, if I reserved my package in 2017 (old price) and I want to add a day, I would need to pay the difference between the price I paid for them and the current additional day gate price?

That's not correct. From post #5:

Price bridging is done for upgrading tickets purchased from authorized WDW ticket resellers (discounters,)
Price bridging is done for upgrading tickets purchased as part of a WDW Resort package (room -and- tickets,)
Price bridging is done for upgrading tickets purchased at any retail Disney Store.

That's not correct. From post #5:

Price bridging is done for upgrading tickets purchased from authorized WDW ticket resellers (discounters,)
Price bridging is done for upgrading tickets purchased as part of a WDW Resort package (room -and- tickets,)
Price bridging is done for upgrading tickets purchased at any retail Disney Store.
Thanks! So everyone that is saying they had to pay the extra amount between their package and the gate had uninformed CMs?

I've looked through a few threads and cannot find an answer to this so any help will be greatly appreciated. I'll be heading down in October and was planning on purchasing the Platinum Pass. My DF will be getting the Park Hopper Plus ticket for the duration of our stay. If we want to go to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach for a day, would a Platinum Pass holder be able to pay a discounted fee to enter or would I need to purchase the Platinum Plus Pass? I'm not sure if one day of water parks would be worth the $100 difference for us.

I've looked through a few threads and cannot find an answer to this so any help will be greatly appreciated. I'll be heading down in October and was planning on purchasing the Platinum Pass. My DF will be getting the Park Hopper Plus ticket for the duration of our stay. If we want to go to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach for a day, would a Platinum Pass holder be able to pay a discounted fee to enter or would I need to purchase the Platinum Plus Pass? I'm not sure if one day of water parks would be worth the $100 difference for us.

A WDW AP holder gets a $4.00 discount on a one-day admission to either water park.
(Full WP adult admission is $60 or $65, depending on the date.)

If you are going to a WP for just one day, that would be cheaper than buying the Platinum Plus AP.
But, if you want more than a one day at a WP (or the other "plus options") then the extra $100 for the Platinum Plus AP would be worth the upgrade.

Last edited:
Thanks! So everyone that is saying they had to pay the extra amount between their package and the gate had uninformed CMs?

This has become a much more complex issue (like everything else regarding price bridging) since the price increase of Feb. 12, 2017.

The DATE that a WDW resort package (room and tickets) was first booked by the guest can determine the price
that it will cost to upgrade the tickets that were purchased with that package.

Whether the value of those tickets will LOOK to be "bridged" or not will not be so apparent as it is when upgrading
a discounted ticket bought from an authorized third party reseller.
The reason is that guests cannot SEE what actual amount was actually paid for the tickets
when a guest books a resort "room & tickets" package.
The amount paid for the tickets will be LESS than the "Disney price" on that same date,
but if and when the package ticket is upgraded, the price would be bridged up to the Disney price on the same date that the resort package was booked.

Last edited:

A WDW AP holder gets a $4.00 discount on a one-day admission to either water park.
(Full WP adult admission is $60 or $65, depending on the date.)

If you are going to a WP for just one day, that would be cheaper than buying the Platinum Plus AP.
But, if you want more than a one day at a WP (or the other "plus options") then the extra $100 for the Platinum Plus AP would be worth the upgrade.

Thank you so much for this!

I purchased my bf a 7 day MYW ticket with PH option from UT. There are two days remaining on the ticket. The expiration on MDE is listed as 1/14/19.

1) Is this a mistake?
2) Will the tickets disappear next week? We first used them to enter a park on 3/3.

I purchased my bf a 7 day MYW ticket with PH option from UT. There are two days remaining on the ticket. The expiration on MDE is listed as 1/14/19.

1) Is this a mistake?
2) Will the tickets disappear next week? We first used them to enter a park on 3/3.

1) Nobody knows WHAT the heck that oddball "expiration date" on current UT means.
2) Whether or not the tickets will disappear from your MDX account is up to the glitch-fest that
MDX too-often is with "already used up" tickets.

Regardless, if you started using a regular MYW ticket from UT
(and you are not a Florida resident)
the ticket will be fully expired and any remaining assets will become unusable
on the 14th day following that ticket's first use.

1) Nobody knows WHAT the heck that oddball "expiration date" on current UT means.
2) Whether or not the tickets will disappear from your MDE is up to the glitch-fest that
MDE often is with already used tickets.

Regardless, if you started using a regular MYW ticket from UT (and you are not a Florida resident)
the ticket will be fully expired and any remaining assets will become unusable
on the 14th day following that ticket's first use.

Hm. Okay! I’ll just watch it and see if it disappears this weekend. Which I expect.

Question about AP Gold vouchers. We were planning to go next in November but have recently been thinking about changing to December 16-22,2018. If I activate and use the Gold AP on 12/16 can I upgrade at the same time to platinum so I can still get in the last two days of our trip to parks?
I also have 6 day MYW tickets, so is it a better idea to use them for the trip and save the Gold APs for a future trip? We don't usually go during black out times.

Question about AP Gold vouchers. We were planning to go next in November but have recently been thinking about changing to December 16-22,2018. If I activate and use the Gold AP on 12/16 can I upgrade at the same time to platinum so I can still get in the last two days of our trip to parks?
I also have 6 day MYW tickets, so is it a better idea to use them for the trip and save the Gold APs for a future trip? We don't usually go during black out times.
This is a “do the math” question, as you can do either, but you want the less expensive option.

This is a “do the math” question, as you can do either, but you want the less expensive option.
Thanks, I figured as much. I will need to crunch the numbers. We would be planning to go back again within a year so having an AP is usually our best choice - I wish i had taken advantage of the dvc AP offer for platinum for gold price but didn’t think I would be needing one at that time.

I know you guys can help me. Thanks in advance!

My friend ordered (2) 1-day tickets to Epcot from Undercover Tourist for her adult niece and nephew. She had them emailed to her and listed HER name on the one who was going to exchange them at will call. My question is...can she pick up the RFID tickets at will call WITHOUT her niece and nephew and then give the tickets to them later?

Also, can this be done at Disney Springs? (I'm thinking it can.)

I know you guys can help me. Thanks in advance!

1. My friend ordered (2) 1-day tickets to Epcot from Undercover Tourist for her adult niece and nephew. She had them emailed to her and listed HER name on the one who was going to exchange them at will call. My question is...
2. can she pick up the RFID tickets at will call WITHOUT her niece and nephew and
3. then give the tickets to them later?

4. Also, can this be done at Disney Springs? (I'm thinking it can.)

1. First-
Buying 1-day tickets from UT can cost MORE than buying 1-day tickets directly from Disney.
(It might be that she bought tickets that were from stock that was printed before the last price increase.)
Regardless-
2. Yes.
3. Yes. (The tickets will not have any names on them.)
4. Yes. The ticket and Guest Relations location at DS is called the "Welcome Center."

1. First-
Buying 1-day tickets from UT can cost MORE than buying 1-day tickets directly from Disney.
(It might be that she bought tickets that were from stock that was printed before the last price increase.)
Regardless-
2. Yes.
3. Yes. (The tickets will not have any names on them.)
4. Yes. The ticket and Guest Relations location at DS is called the "Welcome Center."

Thanks, Robo! I knew you'd have the answer!

Can an unused PH ticket be exchanged for two shorter length PH tickets, which together equal the total number of days of the original ticket?

Can an unused PH ticket be exchanged for two shorter length PH tickets, which together equal the total number of days of the original ticket?

Ticket upgrades must be "one-for-one."
Trade-in one single ticket to get another single ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter