Can someone please answer this....

My family bought APs last year (May 2017) and renewed this year. Except my youngest. He didn't need an AP last year, but will this year, but we haven't bought his AP yet. Last year we booked a free dining bounce back for Sept 2018 ( we weren't sure if we would be renewing our APs or not). It includes 2 day PH tix, which we no longer need. Except my youngest.

1. Can I apply only his ticket to an AP, and save the remainder tix for May 2019 (when our APs expire)?
2. Or can I apply the price of all the tix to one AP(this is preferred)? If I can, where would I do this?
3. And how would I make sure the "extra" tix don't get used while we still have the APs valid. Thanks for any help!
1. Yes.
2. Nope.
3. Create a "fake name" in your MDX account and transfer all new, unused tickets that you DON'T want to use to that "fake guest."
When you are ready to use/upgrade any of those tickets in the future, transfer each back to a
"real" person's account.

1. Yes.
2. Nope.
3. Create a "fake name" in your MDX account and transfer all new, unused tickets that you DON'T want to use to that "fake guest."
When you are ready to use/upgrade any of those tickets in the future, transfer each back to a
"real" person's account.

Thank you! 2 more questions for you please..

1. Would I upgrade his ticket to an AP at any ticket office/GS? I know that is normally where it is done, but I wasn't sure if my case was too confusing and had to be done somewhere specific (since I'm only upgrading one ticket from a package to an AP and saving the rest).
2. Would I create the fake name now or do I need to wait until the package has been paid off? Or do I need to wait until I've ugraded the one ticket to AP.

Thanks for all your help!

**one more question i just thought of....
If I plan a BB FD offer for Sept 2019, can I use the tix I have to buy for the package (this year was a min of 2 day PH) along with the "saved" tix, for a total of 4 days on the same trip?

Last edited:
Thank you! 2 more questions for you please..

1a. Would I upgrade his ticket to an AP at any ticket office/GS? I know that is normally where it is done, but
1b. I wasn't sure if my case was too confusing and had to be done somewhere specific (since I'm only upgrading one ticket from a package to an AP and saving the rest).
2. Would I create the fake name now or do I need to wait until the package has been paid off? Or do I need to wait until I've ugraded the one ticket to AP.

Thanks for all your help!

**one more question i just thought of....
3. If I plan a BB FD offer for Sept 2019,
4. can I use the tix I have to buy for the package (this year was a min of 2 day PH) along with the "saved" tix, for a total of 4 days on the same trip?

1a. Any ticket booth or GR (Guest Relations.) APs cannot be dealt with at Resorts.
1b. Those locations can do it.
2. Doesn't matter when, except if you do it now, you'll be all set and won't have to do it while at WDW.
3. I don't understand the abbreviation "BB SD offer."
4. You cannot "combine" tickets in order to upgrade.
But, if you are asking if you can use more than one ticket during one trip... yes.
(Although that can be less economical if you have "longer" tickets.)

1a. Any ticket booth or GR (Guest Relations.) APs cannot be dealt with at Resorts.
1b. Those locations can do it.
2. Doesn't matter when, except if you do it now, you'll be all set and won't have to do it while at WDW.
3. I don't understand the abbreviation "BB SD offer."
4. You cannot "combine" tickets in order to upgrade.
But, if you are asking if you can use more than one ticket during one trip... yes.
(Although that can be less economical if you have "longer" tickets.)

BB FD= bounce back free dining. Sorry for any confusion.

I tried going into my account to try and transfer Tix to a "fake" person, and it just says beside it, tickets are non transferable, so not sure where/how to transfer them. Thank you for all your help!

BB FD= bounce back free dining. Sorry for any confusion.

I tried going into my account to try and transfer Tix to a "fake" person, and it just says beside it, tickets are non transferable, so not sure where/how to transfer them. Thank you for all your help!

I didn't mean you could do the "transfer" now.

You asked about setting up the "fake name" account.
Would I create the fake name now or do I need to wait until the package has been paid off? Or do I need to wait until I've ugraded the one ticket to AP.

You can create the "fake name" account now.

Do the transfer of the ticket after you arrive at WDW.

We have a trip booked for October that has 4 day tickets and the dining plan. If my husband and I want to go this summer and pay off our October trip before we go, can we use the tickets for our October trip and upgrade to an annual pass while in Disney this summer? Also, we were not planning on upgrading my son's ticket, is it ok for people in your party to stay in your room without an annual pass? We are planning a spring trip as well, can I still add the dining plan when traveling with an annual pass?

I have a package booked that has 5 people having 2 day PH. 4 of the people in my party have APs. Can I transfer everyones tickets to the one person who doesn't have an AP and let him use the tix over the course of 3 trips? (so for the 1st trip, he would use person A and B's 2 day PH for 4 days in the park, trip 2 he would use person C and D's tix for 4 days in the park and trip 3 he would use person E's 2 day PH for 2 days in the park)? Sorry for so many questions, I just want to make sure I get this right! :)

I have a package booked that has 5 people having 2 day PH. 4 of the people in my party have APs.
1. Can I transfer everyones tickets to the one person who doesn't have an AP and let him use the tix over the course of 3 trips?
2. (so for the 1st trip, he would use person A and B's 2 day PH for 4 days in the park,
3. trip 2 he would use person C and D's tix for 4 days in the park and
4. trip 3 he would use person E's 2 day PH for 2 days in the park)?

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Just know that currently-purchased new tickets "expire" on Dec. 31, 2019.
If any of the trips mentioned above begin later than that date, any remaining tickets
would have to be "traded-in" on the purchase of new, valid tickets at that time.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Just know that currently-purchased new tickets "expire" on Dec. 31, 2019.
If any of the trips mentioned above begin later than that date, any remaining tickets
would have to be "traded-in" on the purchase of new, valid tickets at that time.

Thank you so much! You have been so helpful and patient!

If i buy a 6 day normal ticket, and on day 4 want to change the last 2 to park hopper, will it cost me the same price as it would have originally been if I bought it from the beginning?

As in if its 440 lets say for normal, and 570 for park. Will I just pay the difference between the two on day 4 when I switch?

Customer care said yes. You guys know better

If i buy a 6 day normal ticket, and on day 4 want to change the last 2 to park hopper, will it cost me the same price as it would have originally been if I bought it from the beginning?

As in if its 440 lets say for normal, and 570 for park. Will I just pay the difference between the two on day 4 when I switch?

Customer care said yes. You guys know better

Correct. It will cost the same no matter what day you upgrade.

Are convention myw tickets upgradeable at wdw? From base to ph or ap if changed mind about having a 5 day base myw after being on site?

Assume that if answer is yes then IF a water park bonus feature was used prior to upgrade then would only be allowed upgrade to to ph plus or premier ap?

Mostly just trying to ascertain if these convention myw tickets become worthless once on site or if still retain their value while understanding its certainly not the most cost effective way to purchase tickets if choosing to upgrade later.

1. Are convention myw tickets upgradeable at wdw? From base to ph or ap if changed mind about having a 5 day base myw after being on site?

2. Assume that if answer is yes then IF a water park bonus feature was used prior to upgrade then would only be allowed upgrade to to ph plus or premier ap?

3. Mostly just trying to ascertain if these convention myw tickets become worthless once on site or if still retain their value while understanding its certainly not the most cost effective way to purchase tickets if choosing to upgrade later.

1. Some are.
2. That is virtually always the case.
3. There is no monetary "advantage" to buying convention tickets
if the intent is to upgrade.
As you allude, even if an upgrade is allowed, the guest will only be given the amount paid for
the original ticket in the upgrade transaction.

1. Some are.
2. That is virtually always the case.
3. There is no monetary "advantage" to buying convention tickets
if the intent is to upgrade.
As you allude, even if an upgrade is allowed, the guest will only be given the amount paid for
the original ticket in the upgrade transaction.
Thank you yes I definitely understand this is not optimal I am just trying to decide if something unforeseen occurred during trip (ex last trip dh got food poisoning first night of trip) and I wanted to be able to add a day (though more expensive to do so) I would at least have that option once on site.

Thank you yes I definitely understand this is not optimal I am just trying to decide if something unforeseen occurred during trip (ex last trip dh got food poisoning first night of trip) and I wanted to be able to add a day (though more expensive to do so) I would at least have that option once on site.

In those kind of situations, it is a good idea to give Guest Relations an opportunity to help.

If I have a 4 day ticket, 5th day free and want to convert to an annual pass while I am there, will Disney see it as a 4 or 5 day ticket for pricing
Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

If I have a 4 day ticket, 5th day free and want to convert to an annual pass while I am there, will Disney see it as a 4 or 5 day ticket for pricing
Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

It's a regular 5-day ticket.
There is no such ticket that has a "free day."
(It's just advertising speech.)

Question 1: For my upcoming trip, I have a room-only reservation for 1 night followed by MYW pkg with 4 day park hopper plus tickets and 4 night stay at a different resort. Can I visit the park on the day when I check in for the room-only reservation? Or can I only use the ticket when I check in at the resort that is part of the MYW pkg??

Question 2: If I visit the water park FIRST using my park hopper plus ticket before visiting any of the 4 theme parks, would my ticket be activated at the turnstile at the water park?? Or do I need to have it activated somewhere else before going to the water park??

:thanks::thanks:

Question 1: For my upcoming trip, I have a room-only reservation for 1 night followed by MYW pkg with 4 day park hopper plus tickets and 4 night stay at a different resort. Can I visit the park on the day when I check in for the room-only reservation? Or can I only use the ticket when I check in at the resort that is part of the MYW pkg??

Question 2: If I visit the water park FIRST using my park hopper plus ticket before visiting any of the 4 theme parks, would my ticket be activated at the turnstile at the water park?? Or do I need to have it activated somewhere else before going to the water park??

:thanks::thanks:

Question 1: You can start using tickets that are part of a package up to 10 days before the start date of the package, but I'm not sure where you have to go to do that - hopefully @Robo will come along to give you the information on that.

Question 2: There's no activation involved with regular tickets like there is with APs - as soon as you use it to enter any park, that starts the clock for how long you have to use it.

Question 2: If I visit the water park FIRST using my park hopper plus ticket before visiting any of the 4 theme parks,
2a. would my ticket be activated at the turnstile at the water park??
2b. Or do I need to have it activated somewhere else before going to the water park??
1. Go to any Guest Relations and ask to activate your package tickets (up to ten days before check-in.)
2a. Yes.
2b. Nope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter