If you are trying to go into park using Resort Package tickets before your check-in date, then yes.

Where can I find the guest relations booth other than the main 4 theme parks?? I plan to go to one of the water parks first.. Can the front desk at Pop Century activate tickets for me??

I'm sure the answer is in here, but to save time, I'd like to ask. My annual pass expires May 30th. 60 days prior for renewal is today. The website says it's not available for renewal. Is it waiting for the 60th day to pass? As in, do I have to wait until tomorrow (or midnight tonight) to renew?
Thank you!
-mary

I'm sure the answer is in here, but to save time, I'd like to ask. My annual pass expires May 30th. 60 days prior for renewal is today. The website says it's not available for renewal.
Is it waiting for the 60th day to pass?
As in, do I have to wait until tomorrow (or midnight tonight) to renew?
Thank you!
-mary
Today is 60 days until May 30.
The AP is still VALID through the end of the day, May 30.
It might be that you need to be 60 days from after the AP expires in order to renew.

Is there a specific reason that you need to renew today or tomorrow?

Last edited:
It's 60 days until May 30.

It might be that you need to be 60 days from the day after the AP expires.[/QUOTE
Today is 60 days until May 30.
The AP is still VALID through the end of the day, May 30.
It might be that you need to be 60 days from after the AP expires in order to renew.

Is there a specific reason that you need to renew today or tomorrow?

Yes, We will be at Disney during the time our AP's expire. I can't make fastpass reservations for all the days of our stay.

So... I called Disney. Today is 60 days today from May 30th. But - the MDE system thinks today is 61 days out (a glitch in the disney system). So, I was told I can renew online tomorrow (I'm on the monthly plan as well so I have to renew online only). So it's just a big "Oh well" for fastpasses.

We're going to disney 5/28 for 5 nights with teenage grandkids, who have FL RES 4 day passes. So at least I was able to get their FP's for the last two days (our park days are Tues/Wed/Thur/Fri). There aren't any left for those attractions for my husband and me (ie FoP), but we've ridden them in the past so it'll be ok.

Yes, We will be at Disney during the time our AP's expire. I can't make fastpass reservations for all the days of our stay.

So... I called Disney. Today is 60 days today from May 30th. But - the MDE system thinks today is 61 days out (a glitch in the disney system). So, I was told I can renew online tomorrow (I'm on the monthly plan as well so I have to renew online only). So it's just a big "Oh well" for fastpasses.

We're going to disney 5/28 for 5 nights with teenage grandkids, who have FL RES 4 day passes. So at least I was able to get their FP's for the last two days (our park days are Tues/Wed/Thur/Fri). There aren't any left for those attractions for my husband and me (ie FoP), but we've ridden them in the past so it'll be ok.

I figured that you might be on a deadline.
I was going to suggest that you call Disney and have them make an EXCEPTION to the "60 days before" renewal window.

THIS HAS BEEN DONE FOR OTHERS IN THE PAST-

So, I recommend that you call back and see if they can get you set up.
(They can do just about anything they decide they NEED to do for "guest recovery" problems.)
Please be very polite, but FIRM, that you NEED this renewal today in order to make all of your FPs for the trip.
Again, they have made this kind of situation work for others in similar circumstances.

Please let us know what happens.

I was going to suggest that you call Disney and have them make an EXCEPTION to the "60 days before" renewal window.

(They can do just about anything they decide they NEED to do for "guest recovery" problems.)
Please be very polite, but FIRM, that you NEED this renewal today in order to make all of your FPs for the trip.
Again, they have made this kind of situation work for others in similar circumstances.

ESPECIALLY since I AM at the 60 day window! I did feel that the explanation of "the system thinks today is 61 days" didn't seem right. I explained to her that my trip is during the AP expiration time and she didn't offer any additional help. I'll make that call now. Thanks for letting me know this info - and I'll let you know what happens

That went terribly. I called the AP number that is on the renewal site. They said I had to talk to AP guest relations, and gave me the number. I called there, and they said I needed IT support, and transferred me to someone who just kept saying, "I ain't in tickets or them annuals", She gave me another number and said that it would be IT Support. That number turned out to be for employees who need IT support and they couldn't help me without an employee ID number.

What is extra frustrating is that they initially keep saying they can help me if I want to purchase the AP in full for my husband and me, but can't help me because I am on the monthly payment plan. It better work tomorrow when the glitchy system believes I am 60 days out. Thanks for being better support to me than Disney is... I am grateful for you and my Dis friends!

That went terribly. I called the AP number that is on the renewal site. They said I had to talk to AP guest relations, and gave me the number. I called there, and they said I needed IT support, and transferred me to someone who just kept saying, "I ain't in tickets or them annuals", She gave me another number and said that it would be IT Support. That number turned out to be for employees who need IT support and they couldn't help me without an employee ID number.

What is extra frustrating is that they initially keep saying they can help me if I want to purchase the AP in full for my husband and me, but can't help me because I am on the monthly payment plan. It better work tomorrow when the glitchy system believes I am 60 days out. Thanks for being better support to me than Disney is... I am grateful for you and my Dis friends!

If you feel like you want to spend some more effort on this...

Call WDW Ticketing Guest Relations at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5) or

Call the WDW I.T. Dept. at
(407) 939-7765 (option #2) or
(407) 939-3471 or
(407) 939-7849 or
(407) 939-4357

If you feel like you want to spend some more effort on this...

Call WDW Ticketing Guest Relations at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5) or

Call the WDW I.T. Dept. at
(407) 939-7765 (option #2) or
(407) 939-3471 or
(407) 939-7849 or
(407) 939-4357

It seems to be an issue with my being on the monthly plan. I'll try it again tomorrow, but if it doesn't work then, I will certainly be giving them "what for" LOL

so this is what i'm trying to work out...

we have a free dining package for this august (august 2018 - it was a bounceback offer that we booked last year).

so for a US free dining package you are required to buy a minimum 2 day MYW park hopper ticket for each person in the package..

so now comes the number crunching...

we will be there for 14 days, so MYW tickets are stupid - they work out to be something like $1000 or more for the 14 days (you have to buy a 10 day ticket and a 4 day ticket - very expensive)..

so option 1- buying two MYW tickets to cover the 14 days is a non-starter..

option 2 - buy a UK 14 day ultimate ticket and just throw away the required 2 day MYW ticket that comes with the package......the UK ticket includes memory maker for free..

option 3 - upgrade the required 2 day MYW park hopper ticket to a platinum annual pass (which includes photopass download which i assume is the same as memory maker)

so let's check the numbers..

the 2 day MYW park hopper costs: $291.81 (including tax)
10 day MYW parkhopperplus: $601.73 (including tax)
4 day MYW parkhopperplus: $532.50 (including tax)

the UK 14 day ultimate ticket (at today's exchange rate): $517.21

the platinum AP costs: $1,010.69 (including tax)

ok...

so adding up..

option 1 - buying a 10 day and 4 day MYW = $601.73 + $532.50 = $1,134.23 (clearly the stupid option)

option 2 - buying a UK 14 day ultimate ticket and throwing away the required 2 day MYW = $517.21 + $291.81 = $809.02

option 3 - upgrade the 2 day required MYW ticket to a platinum AP = $1,010.69

so it seems option 2 is the option of choice: it's $201.67 cheaper than the AP option...

the only difference being, the AP does come with discounts. So if i thought i could manage more than $400 in discounts (since we're talking about two tickets - so twice the difference of 201) then it might be worthwhile to upgrade to the AP.

did i do the above correctly?

any other reasons i should consider option 3 over option 2?

Last edited:
but wait a minute...

if i only have a 2 day MYW ticket, that means i'm not going to be able to book my FP+ at 60 days except for those 2 days of the MYW ticket.

i won't have purchased the AP or the UK ticket as yet.

and if i buy the UK ticket, how is the package/MDE going to know that i have 14 ticketed days rather than 2?

i'm betting the system won't and it will be an insurmountable glitch...

but wait a minute...

if i only have a 2 day MYW ticket, that means i'm not going to be able to book my FP+ at 60 days except for those 2 days of the MYW ticket.

i won't have purchased the AP or the UK ticket as yet.

and if i buy the UK ticket, how is the package/MDE going to know that i have 14 ticketed days rather than 2?

i'm betting the system won't and it will be an insurmountable glitch...

Will you be staying onsite throughout the whole 14 days regardless what type of ticket you have?
You can link any ticket you buy to MDE so the system will know you have valid tickets.
I will let Robo or someone else answer other more technical questions of yours.

Will you be staying onsite throughout the whole 14 days regardless what type of ticket you have?

yes.....it's a free dining package....a 14 day free dining package purchased from disney USA (as opposed to the UK free dining packages from disney.uk - where we got our free dining package that we used in 2017)...

this new package was a bounceback offer that was offered to guests staying on property last august for next august...

Hi, I have a ticket question
My daughter (14) is going on a school trip in 2 weeks where they will do a day at MK. We are Florida residents. I was thinking of getting her a 4 day discover resident ticket. Then the rest of the family could get the 3 day tickets and we could go as a family at the end of May and she could use the rest of her days then.
Can she buy her 4 day discover ticket at the gate? She doesn't have a license or anything...but will be with her teacher who is a resident
Should I buy online, and pay the $15 For express shipping? The option for free shipping says it won't ship until April 15

yes.....it's a free dining package....a 14 day free dining package purchased from disney USA (as opposed to the UK free dining packages from disney.uk - where we got our free dining package that we used in 2017)...

this new package was a bounceback offer that was offered to guests staying on property last august for next august...

I asked because, based on your post, it seems that you want to get tickets and rooms separately for your upcoming trips.
In US, the only way for you to get Free Dining, even with the BB offer, is that you book a Magic Your Way package. It won't work if you get tickets and room separately.
If I am correct on this, if you only get 2 days of MYW, you will only get 2 days of free dining. . You won't get free dining if you buy UK tickets or AP. That's why MYW is more expensive. Disney does not give anything away for FREE

Again, I could be wrong. Perhaps Mr. Disney is more generous for international guests like you.. So hope @Robo or someone else can better help you with...

I asked because, based on your post, it seems that you want to get tickets and rooms separately for your upcoming trips.
In US, the only way for you to get Free Dining, even with the BB offer, is that you book a Magic Your Way package. It won't work if you get tickets and room separately.
If I am correct on this, if you only get 2 days of MYW, you will only get 2 days of free dining. . You won't get free dining if you buy UK tickets or AP. That's why MYW is more expensive. Disney does not give anything away for FREE

Again, I could be wrong. Perhaps Mr. Disney is more generous for international guests like you.. So hope @Robo or someone else can better help you with...

no, you get the full 14 days of free dining...the only ticket requirement of the US free dining packages is you must purchase at least a 2 day park hopper MYW ticket per person on the package..

when they first started the free dining packages, the minimum ticket was a 1 day, but a few years back they upped it to a two day ticket..

the above refers to the US free dining packages, which i've purchased numerous times and i know how they work...

and by the way, i've done this before...
purchased the US free dining and thrown away the minimum ticket and replaced it with either an AP or a UK ticket...

again, the only ticket requirement of the US free dining package is a minimum 2 day park hopper ticket per person....

what has changed since the last time i did this was the introduction of FP+ which puts a kind of difficult twist on it..

What is extra frustrating is that they initially keep saying they can help me if I want to purchase the AP in full for my husband and me, but can't help me because I am on the monthly payment plan.

This is because the monthly payment plan cannot be processed over the phone. There's no exception to be made - it's literally not possible, they don't have the system for it.

Were you able to renew online as of today?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter