1. Of course.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Nope. For "safety" I'd create a fake name in your MDE account and transfer that ticket under that name (for safekeeping) until such time as you want to use/upgrade that ticket in the future.
Tickets do "expire" now, but if that happens, you can still get the value of what you paid for the "expired" ticket when you buy another ticket in the future.
6. I don't know why you would think that Disney would make you buy any ticket and just "throw it away."
(They do like our money, but they don't usually have to "cheat" it out of us. ;) )

how do i create a fake name in my MDE account?

how do i know what i 'paid' for that ticket? it's part of the free dining bundle...

i booked the bounceback free dining package with a CM at guest services...
when we got back from WDW and i found out about the bounceback offer, i wrote in to guest services to complain that i hadn't been offered the bounceback when we were there in august - a CM called me back and offered it to me over the phone - so i don't really have a break down of what's in it...other than i know what's in it, but not what each piece cost within the whole..

i've thrown away lots of tickets - all of these packages over the years where i've been required to buy at least one day tickets, and now two day tickets, but the 10 day ticket was insufficient for the 2 week package.

Over the years, i must have thrown away at least 24 tickets (not all mine of course, mine and DH, DD, DS, etc)....

Last edited:
1. how do i create a fake name in my MDE account?

2. how do i know what i 'paid' for that ticket? it's part of the free dining bundle...

i booked the bounceback free dining package with a CM at guest services...
when we got back from WDW and i found out about the bounceback offer, i wrote in to guest services to complain that i hadn't been offered the bounceback when we were there in august - a CM called me back and offered it to me over the phone - so i don't really have a break down of what's in it...other than i know what's in it, but not what each piece cost within the whole..

3. i've thrown away lots of tickets - all of these packages where i've been required to buy one day tickets, and now two day tickets, but the 10 day ticket was insufficient for the 2 week package.

Over the years, i must have thrown away at least 24 tickets (not all mine of course, mine and DH, DD, DS, etc)....

1. Add another "person" in your account. The same way that you added the current person or persons.
And, just don't add that fake "person" to your resort stay.
(Just like having a relative in the account who is not coming on any given trip.)

2. Look up the current cost of the kind of ticket that you bought with your package HERE.
That will be what your package ticket will be "worth" when you are ready to use/upgrade it.
(If you don't know what kind of ticket you bought, you can call or wait until you actually go on the trip
to find out.)

3. Why didn't you ask for assistance (from Disney, or here, or somewhere) at any of those times?
By the way, I don't know for SURE, but it is likely that at least some of those unused tickets can still be found (by Disney) in your Disney files. You may be able to recover at least some of them.

1. Add another "person" in your account. The same way that you added the current person or persons.
And, just don't add that fake "person" to your resort stay.
(Just like having a relative in the account who is not coming on any given trip.)

2. Look up the current cost of the kind of ticket that you bought with your package HERE.
That will be what your package ticket will be "worth" when you are ready to use/upgrade it.
(If you don't know what kind of ticket you bought, you can call or wait until you actually go on the trip
to find out.)

3. Why didn't you ask for assistance (from Disney, or here, or somewhere) at any of those times?
By the way, I don't know for SURE, but it is likely that at least some of those unused tickets can still be found (by Disney) in your Disney files. You may be able to recover at least some of them.

not sure exactly how i would be able to use any of those tickets...
i can't use them to buy a UK ticket (which is usually the most appropriate ticket for our extended stays)..
and i can't use multiple old tickets to buy one AP...

can i build one stay at WDW from multiple unused tickets? FP+ probably makes it challenging...

the thrown away tickets go back many years......back then, they were one day tickets....i'm really stupid, because i bought APs at that time, so i could have at least used those 1 day MYW tickets as part payment on the APs....water over the damn or under the bridge or whatever...

I bought tickets at two different times because my brother decided to join us for part of our trip after my initial ticket purchase. I thought they were both just regular non-park hopper tickets, but they show up differently in My Disney Experience. Besides the number of days, can someone tell me the what is the functional difference between the following types of tickets??

Purchased from VisitOrlando.com
7-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day

Purchase from UndercoverTourist.com
4-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket

Purchased from VisitOrlando.com
7-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day

Purchase from UndercoverTourist.com
4-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket

Besides the number of days...what is the functional difference between the...tickets.

No difference.

One is a Magic Your Way 7-day base ticket (non-hopper.)
One is a Magic Your Way 4-day base ticket (non-hopper.)

Last edited:
Questions on purchasing an AP for the first time:

I am going on a trip in November and plan on purchasing an AP on the first day to be used on that trip. My current ticket situation:
I have 4 days remaining on 10-day no-expiration tickets (that I will use to get my fast passes).
I also have 3 sets of unused 5-day MYW tickets (non-hoppers) that were purchased in early February 2017 from Undercover Tourist (so they were the last tickets sold without an expiration date).

1) I have heard you can "trade in" the unused tickets towards the purchase of an AP and just pay the difference. Is that true?

2) If so, they will give me the "Disney" value of those tickets from 2017, not the discounted rate I purchased it from UT? (In other words, I will get slightly more value from them than I paid?)

3) Do I need to activate or add those tickets to my MDE account beforehand to do that or just bring them to Guest Services as is?

4) Once I have an AP, how do I prioritize those tickets for my family as opposed to other tickets (some days remaining on 10-day no-expiration tickets)?

5) How long should I anticipate this process taking at Guest Services?

I am going on a trip in November and plan on purchasing an AP on the first day to be used on that trip. My current ticket situation:
I have 4 days remaining on 10-day no-expiration tickets (that I will use to get my fast passes).
I also have 3 sets of unused 5-day MYW tickets (non-hoppers) that were purchased in early February 2017 from Undercover Tourist (so they were the last tickets sold without an expiration date).

1) I have heard you can "trade in" the unused tickets towards the purchase of an AP and just pay the difference. Is that true?

2) If so, they will give me the "Disney" value of those tickets from 2017, not the discounted rate I purchased it from UT? (In other words, I will get slightly more value from them than I paid?)

3) Do I need to activate or add those tickets to my MDE account beforehand to do that or just bring them to Guest Services as is?

4) Once I have an AP, how do I prioritize those tickets for my family as opposed to other tickets (some days remaining on 10-day no-expiration tickets)?

Can you really use more than one old ticket toward upgrading to an annual pass?

well it's a moot point now...
just spent half an hour on the phone with disney UK..
in october 2017, disney changed their policy..
so while up to that date anyone in the rest of the world could purchase a UK package /ticket (you didn't have to be only from the UK or EU), as of october 2017, the rest of the world was left high and dry....
only UK and EU guests can buy a UK package or ticket....
other international guests are stuck with either the insufficient 10 day ticket or buying an AP....

another nail in the WDW coffin for us...

and now i just called disney US to find out if i could upgrade over the phone that 2 day ticket that's associated with the bounceback free dining package.
According to the CM i spoke with the answer is yes.
she said she would have to transfer me to special services (you know - those CMs who actually are able to do anything requiring manual override)..
but that they would definitely be able to upgrade my unused 2 day ticket to an AP..

so given the policy change regarding UK packages/tickets, this would seem to be the option of choice for international guests who don't live in the UK or EU...

Can you really use more than one old ticket toward upgrading to an annual pass?
I don't plan on combining them.

I just plan on taking EACH 5-day ticket and upgrading it to an AP for EACH member of the family. (One for myself, wife, and son -- daughter will be under 3 for the next year and thus won't need one).

So my hope is to take the $350 I spent on the 5-day (non-hopper) tickets and trade them in and apply that money to the $850 AP cost. Spending $1500 feels a lot better than $2550. I was planning on using the 5-day tickets for this trip, but changing my mind to do an AP to get the perks of an AP and have the flexibility to join my sister's family in Spring of 2019 and then go in October of 2019 (before my daughter turns 3).

Last edited:

2a) I also have 3 sets of unused 5-day MYW tickets (non-hoppers) that were purchased in early February 2017 from Undercover Tourist (so they were the last tickets sold without an expiration date).

2b) If so, they will give me the "Disney" value of those tickets from 2017, not the discounted rate I purchased it from UT? (In other words, I will get slightly more value from them than I paid?)

1) Yes.
2a & b) Yes. 2017 Disney value.
3) Either way works.
4) Go to a Guest Relations to have the priority set.
You can do that at the same Guest Relations when you upgrade to AP.
5) Figure 25-45 min.

I just plan on taking EACH 5-day ticket and upgrading it to an AP for EACH member of the family. (One for myself, wife, and son -- daughter will be under 3 for the next year and thus won't need one).
Agreed.

When it comes to upgrading from a MYW to an AP, has anyone had experience when it comes to the Fastpasses? We're going to make our FP reservations at our 60 day window, but when I upgrade my MYW pass to AP, I won't lose my FP's on my ticket, will I?

1) Yes.
2a & b) Yes. 2017 Disney value.
3) Either way works.
4) Go to a Guest Relations to have the priority set.
You can do that at the same Guest Relations when you upgrade to AP.
5) Figure 25-45 min.
Thanks for answer those questions! I feel better prepared now.

One final one:
I'd prefer to purchase the AP before I get there (rather than spend precious vacation time buying tickets), but from what I've read, doing this over the phone just isn't an option. Correct?
-- even if I have the physical tickets in hand? Or if they are activated in my account?
With all the technology integrated into MDE, I would think this could just as easily be done over the phone.
Not something I could do at a Disney Store I presume?

My plan is to go to Disney Springs on arrival day, so I have some time, but would rather it just be done and paid for before I even roll onto property.

I'd prefer to purchase the AP before I get there (rather than spend precious vacation time buying tickets), but from what I've read,
1. doing this over the phone just isn't an option. Correct?
-- even if I have the physical tickets in hand? Or if they are activated in my account?
With all the technology integrated into MDE, I would think this could just as easily be done over the phone.
2. Not something I could do at a Disney Store I presume?
3. My plan is to go to Disney Springs on arrival day, so I have some time,
4. but would rather it just be done and paid for before I even roll onto property.

1. For upgrades of older tickets, that's correct.
2. Nope.
3. Yup.
4. Just be happy that they still allow upgrades.

On March 14, I purchased two 5-Day Ticket with Park Hopper Option, and thought they were only good for one year. On MDE, it says they're valid through 1/14/2020.

1) REALLY??? :hyper:
2) Do I understand correctly that an unused ticket can be reassigned to someone else via MDE?

The scenario is, I'm planning a F&W girls trip in October 2019, and if I can hang on to the tickets until then, reassigning them to two other people (I'd have an AP), it would solve a bunch of problems then AND now.

On March 14, I purchased two 5-Day Ticket with Park Hopper Option, and thought they were only good for one year. On MDE, it says they're valid through 1/14/2020.

1) REALLY??? :hyper:
2) Do I understand correctly that an unused ticket can be reassigned to someone else via MDE?

The scenario is, I'm planning a F&W girls trip in October 2019, and if I can hang on to the tickets until then, reassigning them to two other people (I'd have an AP), it would solve a bunch of problems then AND now.
1) They will likely expire on Dec 31, 2019. ( Don’t trust the “glitchy” MDE info.)
2) Yes.

Hi , 21 day ultimate ticket , can you upgrade to annual pass, do you know a cost and will all the FP booking remain intact. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter