• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weird question of the day (I have lots of them):

During our stay at BC in 2014 the pools were closed for an extended period of time on our resort day so we were given tickets for one day at the water parks. We had all remaining days booked in parks so we never got to use them. It is really unlikely we will ever use them even though they expire in 2030.

1. What are the chances I can exchange these tickets for something else?
2. A few anytime FPP, a GC, preferred viewing for HEA, anything? They were free so I feel funny asking for anything. But the closure really did ruin our planned resort day.
1. That would be rare.
2. You can certainly "ask nicely" for any accommodation you'd like.
If you do try, please report back with the outcome.

Weird question of the day (I have lots of them):

During our stay at BC in 2014 the pools were closed for an extended period of time on our resort day so we were given tickets for one day at the water parks. We had all remaining days booked in parks so we never got to use them. It is really unlikely we will ever use them even though they expire in 2030. What are the chances I can exchange these tickets for something else? A few anytime FPP, a GC, preferred viewing for HEA, anything? They were free so I feel funny asking for anything. But the closure really did ruin our planned resort day.
You might ask for one of the options available on plus pass, mini golf for example. Better shot if day you want to use it water is closed due temperature.
Had you asked back in 2014 you might have been able to get FP instead of water park.

You got use of a water park instead of use of a pool. I'm surprised ticket didn't expire.

You might ask for one of the options available on plus pass, mini golf for example. Better shot if day you want to use it water is closed due temperature.
Had you asked back in 2014 you might have been able to get FP instead of water park.

You got use of a water park instead of use of a pool. I'm surprised ticket didn't expire.

I was surprised ticket didn't expire, too. Unfortunately they didn't realize pool would be closed so long until late in the day so we couldn't use the tickets that day.

Didn't really need the extra FPP that trip. We were the crazy parents that took our kids out of school the second week of September. The place was practically deserted. Did SB fo SDMT and it was under 30 minutes midday! Total Disney heaven.

Last edited:
0B6D25F1-5DE8-4EA9-A669-4A259509663C.jpeg 7F4E3B66-F8D2-4A4E-A9EC-81D7FB0613B0.jpeg C4745DC3-54DD-45B1-BCF5-FFF7A28D2DCD.jpeg 3F6D4444-982D-4DE5-9F54-EC979B71F0E7.jpeg 9D996167-BE09-4E60-BCC8-225FD57F655C.jpeg Looks like bridging from the MDE app in the park has the expected upgrade cost. Here’s some screenshots of me going through the steps. I didn’t actually complete it yet because I’m using the tickets during blackout but the numbers were as expected.

Odd quirk is that my wife shows up as “ticket type unable to be upgraded” on my app and I show the same on her app, but each of us can upgrade our own passes and our kids passes. We just need to do a separate transaction for one of the adults.

Will hard plastic, RFID tickets continue to work for entry and FP scanning, even if they have subsequently been associated with an MDE account with a MagicBand? Essentially, once you have an MB, do you have to use it, or can you choose to use your hard plastic ticket?

Will hard plastic, RFID tickets continue to work for entry and FP scanning, even if they have subsequently been associated with an MDE account with a MagicBand? Essentially, once you have an MB, do you have to use it, or can you choose to use your hard plastic ticket?
You can still use a card. Cards and bands are interchangeable. As long as they are linked to the same person/profile and active they will all access the same account information.

If you want certain on-ride photos you will need a MagicBand as the card will not pick up the long frequency (SDMT, FEA, SDD, etc)

You can still use a card. Cards and bands are interchangeable. As long as they are linked to the same person/profile and active they will all access the same account information.

If you want certain on-ride photos you will need a MagicBand as the card will not pick up the long frequency (SDMT, FEA, SDD, etc)

Awesome, good info. If we end up using cards, it would be because the kids don't want to wear their bands, but adults will still have them for ride photo purposes.

It's not normally possible to transfer MBs
but, you can always "ask nicely."

Robo,

Update:
"Asking nicely" works again!!!

Spoke to a very sweet CM in IT who took the time to make the changes for me. So very happy. Grand children were so excited on Christmas day!!!!

Thank you for your help!

Now this is interesting - I am able to upgrade my tickets to annual passes from home now. I’m 80 miles away from Disney but still have the option to upgrade in the MDE app just as I did when I was in the park. It appears you can upgrade from anywhere as long as all your days haven’t been used. Not sure if you have to use a day before the option appears or not or just be in your date window. Hope this helps someone. The good news is it takes the stress out of worrying if a CM knows how to bridge properly as the app prices are within a few cents of what I expected my upgrade cost to be.

Question... I just renewed my AP online. My current one expires 2/19 (I wanted to get it done with money I got at Christmas and not accidentally spend the money on something else). Do I need to do anything when I'm next down there (just before changeover) or will everything just roll over on 2/20? Thanks.

Now this is interesting - I am able to upgrade my tickets to annual passes from home now. I’m 80 miles away from Disney but still have the option to upgrade in the MDE app just as I did when I was in the park. It appears you can upgrade from anywhere as long as all your days haven’t been used. Not sure if you have to use a day before the option appears or not or just be in your date window. Hope this helps someone. The good news is it takes the stress out of worrying if a CM knows how to bridge properly as the app prices are within a few cents of what I expected my upgrade cost to be.
I assume that you are upgrading tickets purchase directly from Disney? Would be fantastic if we could upgrade third-party tickets that way!

I assume that you are upgrading tickets purchase directly from Disney? Would be fantastic if we could upgrade third-party tickets that way!

Nope - I bought these from Visit Orlando but I’m getting the Disney price towards an upgrade. Pretty significant savings. 7 day one park per day passes and a 7 day hopper purchased during Black Friday 2018 sale. Date specific 12/26 - 1/4.

Got back last Friday - upgraded my 6 day PH to annual pass and it cost $421 . I think it was a great deal since I purchased the tickets from UT for $469.23 . So total oop was $890.23 instead of $1058.61. Plus I used the photo pass and got over $200 in savings using annual pass at gift shops and Jiko. I am planning at least 2 more trips to WDW in 2019

My adult daughters have cardboard nonexpiring tickets from 2005 with days left on them. First question, do they have to be present to change them over to new plastic ones? The answer to that may answer my next question. If they aren’t required to be there and I get new plastic ones for them, can I assign one to a new person on my MDE account?

My adult daughters have cardboard nonexpiring tickets from 2005 with days left on them.
1. First question, do they have to be present to change them over to new plastic ones? The answer to that may answer my next question. If they aren’t required to be there and I get new plastic ones for them,
2. can I assign one to a new person on my MDE account?
1. If these old tickets are NOT "under 10 yrs" tickets, then, no.
Disney will do a free upgrade to "adult" tickets on plastic cards, but the original (former) "child" should be at the upgrade.

2. In general, yes. (But, its a "gray area.")

1. If these old tickets are NOT "under 10 yrs" tickets, then, no.
Disney will do a free upgrade to "adult" tickets on plastic cards, but the original (former) "child" should be at the upgrade.

2. In general, yes. (But, its a "gray area.")

Thanks Robo for the quick & helpful reply! :disrocks:

A. Correct.
B. Correct.
C. I'll take your word for that.
D. If "C." is accurate, then that is correct.
E. If "C." is accurate, then that is correct.
F. If "C." is accurate, then that is correct.
Have fun!

So sadly I did not have this outcome. I was told repeatedly that the tickets purchased through a WDW package could NOT be bridged to gate price. They were adamant that the only price they could give me was the Walt Disney Travel Co price which for the 10 day hoppers we have was about $130 less per ticket. And they were complete jerks about it, basically accusing me of trying to scam the system. Then they deleted my tickets by “accident” and refused to give me back anything but a gift card in the amount they said they were worth. Not a happy camper right now.

So sadly I did not have this outcome. I was told repeatedly that the tickets purchased through a WDW package could NOT be bridged to gate price. They were adamant that the only price they could give me was the Walt Disney Travel Co price which for the 10 day hoppers we have was about $130 less per ticket. And they were complete jerks about it, basically accusing me of trying to scam the system. Then they deleted my tickets by “accident” and refused to give me back anything but a gift card in the amount they said they were worth. Not a happy camper right now.

Wow.
So sorry that happened.
Some CMs do not have the proper training to know the difference between "resort pkg." tickets
and "bought directly from Disney" tickets.
Tickets purchased via an WDW Resort Package absolutely can be price-bridged.

From many past reports, it is possible for this kind of situation to be remedied after-the-fact.
If you are still at WDW, go to another Guest Relations and explain.

If you have returned home
call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Explain all of the details of when and where this happened and ask (nicely) if
the problem can be fixed.

Please report back with your results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter