• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I haven't been able to find a response to this specific question after reading the notes at the beginning of the thread.

We bought an 8-day ticket for a longer stay in July 2019. Recently, we have been considering an additional shorter stay (4 nights) in April 2019.

Is it possible to use some days from our 8-day ticket and keep the rest for July? I know they generally will expire after a week or two, I'm wondering if we could put the remaining value towards our July ticket. I'm guessing no but thought I might put it out there =)

The other option of course is to just purchase a new 2-day ticket for April. We would probably do universal in this case but are undecided. Just wondering if there is any flexibility in our ticket value.

I haven't been able to find a response to this specific question after reading the notes at the beginning of the thread.
We bought an 8-day ticket for a longer stay in July 2019. Recently, we have been considering an additional shorter stay (4 nights) in April 2019.

1. Is it possible to use some days from our 8-day ticket and keep the rest for July?
2. I know they generally will expire after a week or two,
3. I'm wondering if we could put the remaining value towards our July ticket.
4. I'm guessing no but thought I might put it out there =)
The other option of course is to just purchase a new 2-day ticket for April. We would probably do universal in this case but are undecided.
5. Just wondering if there is any flexibility in our ticket value.

1. Sorry, but no.
2. Yes.
Unless you are a Florida resident, the tickets will expire within the short time-period allotted for the tickets that you bought.
3.Nope.
4. Your guess is correct.
5. Another option is upgrading to a WDW Annual Pass. Check to see if that might save
you money vs. using your current tickets -and- buying the additional tickets for your added trip.
Plus, an AP offers some specific additional discounts that might offset the cost.

Last edited:
1. Sorry, but no.
2. Yes.
Unless you are a Florida resident, the tickets will expire within the short time-period allotted for the tickets that you bought.
3.Nope.
4. Your guess is correct.
5. Another option is upgrading to a WDW Annual Pass. Check to see if that might save
you money vs. using your current tickets -and- buying the additional tickets for your second trip. Plus, an AP offers some specific additional discounts that might offset the cost.
Thanks! We are actually going in July for 2 weeks so lots of time to use the ticket. Just wondering what my options were. I guess Easter will be an all Universal trip for us =)

I have a 5-day ticket that will expire 1/14/19. Unfortunately, our trip has been pushed back to end of January. We're staying offsite and will be able to make Fps in the next few days. Can I call now and upgrade that ticket so that I can make FPs? I had planned to upgrade to an annual pass during the trip anyway, but since our dates have moved, I wasn't sure what my options are. Thanks!

1. Yes.
2. Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Explain things just as you did above.
They should either be able to fix things now, or set up a file in your MDX account
with instructions as to how to take care of it upon your next return to WDW.

BTW, with the way MDX files are prone to being so glitchy,
it MIGHT be that things ARE actually OK regarding your tickets,
but what shows in the file is just incorrect.
Regardless, call em'.

(And, please post back with your results.)
Thank you Robo, I called and they were able to fix the situation. I'd say that once I got through it took less than 10 minutes total, probably closer to 5.

The ticketing cast member who helped me out mentioned that the order the passes are in on my account will make a difference and that this was probably the reason why the system started using my park hopper.

Again, thank you. Happy New Year!

I have a 5-day ticket that will expire 1/14/19. Unfortunately, our trip has been pushed back to end of January. We're staying offsite and will be able to make Fps in the next few days.
1. Can I call now and upgrade that ticket so that I can make FPs? I had planned to upgrade to an annual pass during the trip anyway, but since our dates have moved,
2. I wasn't sure what my options are. Thanks!
1. Since YOURS is the first time we have seen an actual case of tickets of this kind "expiring," we don't know the answer.
(It's always a good idea to "ask nicely" for any accommodation that you'd like.)
2. We don't know yet, so please post back with what happens when you call.

Last edited:

Thank you Robo, I called and they were able to fix the situation. I'd say that once I got through it took less than 10 minutes total, probably closer to 5.

The ticketing cast member who helped me out mentioned that the order the passes are in on my account will make a difference and that this was probably the reason why the system started using my park hopper.

Again, thank you. Happy New Year!

Congrats!
So glad you were able to get this sorted out with so little time involved.
Glad you let us know your good outcome!
Happy New Year to YOU!

1. Since YOURS is the first time we have seen an actual case of tickets of this kind "expiring," we don't know the answer.
(It's always a good idea to "ask nicely" for any accommodation that you'd like.)
2. We don't know yet, so please post back with what happens when you call.

Thank you, Robo! I called this afternoon. The person I spoke with was going to upgrade my ticket during the call, and seemed to act like it was no big deal. But I had forgotten that the ticket was originally purchased through AAA. Because of that, it would have to be changed at a AAA office or at guest relations. It will not lose any value. I asked if I could use that value to upgrade a new ticket (that I will purchase from undercover tourist) to an annual pass. She said absolutely. I was very pleasantly surprised! Thanks again for your help!

Thank you, Robo! I called this afternoon. The person I spoke with was going to upgrade my ticket during the call, and seemed to act like it was no big deal. But I had forgotten that the ticket was originally purchased through AAA. Because of that, it would have to be changed at a AAA office or at guest relations. It will not lose any value.
I asked if I could use that value to upgrade a new ticket (that I will purchase from undercover tourist) to an annual pass.
She said absolutely.
I was very pleasantly surprised! Thanks again for your help!

Very good.
Have fun!

Last edited:
Looking for a sanity check... Can you confirm for me...

Current DL Signature Plus AP on Monthly Pmt plan... if we upgrade to Premier Pass do we just need to pay differential between the two (and continue regular monthly pmts on DL AP as agreed/contracted) or do we have to pay off full balance of DL AP and upgrade cost all at once?

Apologize ahead thatti have not read through whole thread! Need some help - have a friend in WDW now who was trying to upgrade from 4 day PHP to 5 day for tomorrow. They wanted to charge $100 pp. That does not seem possible - he is on FD package which was booked back the spring, so before new ticket structure, so know that changes things, but from trying to do some calculations, it doesn't seem to add up, but I may be wrong. Does this seem right? It was easy to calculate in the past, but not sure now.

1. -have a friend in WDW now who was trying to upgrade from 4 day PHP to 5 day...
2. They wanted to charge $100 pp.
3. he is on FD package which was booked back the spring, so before new ticket structure,

so know that changes things, but from trying to do some calculations, it doesn't seem to add up, but I may be wrong.
Does this seem right?
4. It was easy to calculate in the past, but not sure now.

4. The equations for calculating the cost to upgrade tickets can be found on the thread on which we are posting in Post #6,
called (oddly enough) "Cost to Upgrade Tickets." (HERE.)

1. Got it. WANT a 5-day PHP, HAVE a 4-day PHP.
2. Let's take a look at Post #6
----------------------------------------------
Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter:
-or-
Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
-or-
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE.
B __
Created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (2017) Prices HERE.
C __
Created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018. (Early 2018) Price list HERE.
3. OK, that means "early 2018 tickets." So, we want "C" above.
So, from Post #6

C __________

Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the early 2018 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2018 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the current late 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

So:
$587.35 (Current Adult 5-day PHP, starting date of Dec. 27)
-511.20 (from "early 2018" prices Adult 5-day PHP)
=76.15 (Cost to upgrade, including tax.)

4. The equations for calculating the cost to upgrade tickets can be found on the thread on which we are posting in Post #6,
called (oddly enough) "Cost to Upgrade Tickets." (HERE.)

1. Got it. WANT a 5-day PHP, HAVE a 4-day PHP.
2. Let's take a look at Post #6
Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter:
-or-
Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
-or-
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE.
B __
Created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (2017) Prices HERE.
C __
Created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018. (Early 2018) Price list HERE.
3. OK, that means "early 2018 tickets." So, we want "C" above.
So, from Post #6

C __________

Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the early 2018 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2018 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the current late 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

So:
$587.35 (Current Adult 5-day PHP, starting date of Dec. 27)
-511.20 (from "early 2018" prices Adult 5-day PHP)
=76.15 (Cost to upgrade, including tax.)

Sorry Robo - did go to post 6, and was still having trouble wrapping my brain around all the information - long day! :faint:Trying to figure it out quickly for them after CM at IG told them $100. I appreciate the info even though it's still more expensive than I thought. So only about $20 to upgrade from the 4 to 5 day at current prices if bought with new structure, but adding $57 for cost of ticket bought before if I got that correct now. I get the reasoning, but really unfortunate as they will now not add a day(were supposed to do WP but did not want to worry about iffy weather ) and will probably not be back after being yearly guests for several years, paying to stay deluxe, but paying more each year for food, added parking fees, etc and now this with the new ticket structure - they are not seeing the value for the money anymore:guilty:

Is there anyway we can see for ourselves the order in which our tix are listed in our account...I have several tix with "no expiration" with days left on them that I want to save and I'm afraid they will be used instead of the AP which I recently added.

Is there anyway we can see for ourselves the order in which our tix are listed in our account...I have several tix with "no expiration" with days left on them that I want to save and I'm afraid they will be used instead of the AP which I recently added.

Even if you could, MDX cannot be consistently trusted for ticket listings.
Far too many errors get displayed over time.

To be "sure," go to any Guest Relations before you go to a park gate and have the CM correctly
prioritize your tickets.

Looking for a sanity check... Can you confirm for me...

Current DL Signature Plus AP on Monthly Pmt plan... if we upgrade to Premier Pass do we just need to pay differential between the two (and continue regular monthly pmts on DL AP as agreed/contracted) or do we have to pay off full balance of DL AP and upgrade cost all at once?

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to this.
I hope someone else has an answer.

I should point out that your question is specifically about Disneyland APs exclusive to California residents.
Whether the answer would or would not be different for Florida resident APs, I also don't know.
(This board is significantly more focused on WDW information.)

To be "sure," go to any Guest Relations before you go to a park gate and have the CM correctly
prioritize your tickets.

Thank you!

prioritize your tickets.
Great advice. A few weeks ago we upgraded, Disney Springs, 5 day hoppers to AP. We also had one day left on an old ticket My MDX had my AP prriotized but my wife had the one day first. I checked with guest relations outside epcot. It took a few minutes but got fixed

Weird question of the day (I have lots of them):

During our stay at BC in 2014 the pools were closed for an extended period of time on our resort day so we were given tickets for one day at the water parks. We had all remaining days booked in parks so we never got to use them. It is really unlikely we will ever use them even though they expire in 2030. What are the chances I can exchange these tickets for something else? A few anytime FPP, a GC, preferred viewing for HEA, anything? They were free so I feel funny asking for anything. But the closure really did ruin our planned resort day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter