I got a reply from UT via Facebook Messenger (they've been REALLY good about communications thru that channel). Said their Customer Service Team is back up to speed and will address my case via their online contact form. So I popped a brief one off right away.
If Disney CM was even close, to the $90, I'd be OK with that, but less than HALF what I actually spent..... made me think her "figuring" was off somewhere. Wouldn't be the first time a Disney phone CM got it wrong. She was real nice but I think she made an error.

I wonder if your tickets were discounted from Disney’s price and they are only refunding the hopper minus the discount you got.

I wonder if your tickets were discounted from Disney’s price and they are only refunding the hopper minus the discount you got.
I thought of that but before I attempted my own refund (kept hoping Hopping would return by Sept) I was following several threads (here and other forums) where people were speaking specifically about Disney refunding hopper portion of tix purchased from UT. So I had some idea of the refund I felt I would be getting. This seems way low, not just a little low, compared to what others were posting.

We have been AP so long I forgot how regular tickets work. Myself, DW, and DD are AP holders so no questions there. Our son just turned 3 so we didn't buy him an AP when we renewed ours. Pre-pandemic though we bought him a discounted 6 day park hopper. That sucker got extended all the way until 2023 due to COVID so we don't want to burn that one for our fall trip where we may just visit the park for 2-3 days. We figure that will be worth more money in the future. How do I make sure that we are burning the 2-3 day non-park hopper we just purchased for him and not the 6 day hopper when we visit in September?

We have been AP so long I forgot how regular tickets work. Myself, DW, and DD are AP holders so no questions there. Our son just turned 3 so we didn't buy him an AP when we renewed ours. Pre-pandemic though we bought him a discounted 6 day park hopper. That sucker got extended all the way until 2023 due to COVID so we don't want to burn that one for our fall trip where we may just visit the park for 2-3 days. We figure that will be worth more money in the future. How do I make sure that we are burning the 2-3 day non-park hopper we just purchased for him and not the 6 day hopper when we visit in September?

Very common situation. No problem to solve it.
At WDW, at some time BEFORE you go to the first theme park entrance gate, go to any Guest Relations and have the ticket you DO want to use set to the highest priority in your MDX.

It appears the packages are allowing for the max of a 7 day ticket only. Why is this, and what would be the best way to extend this to 8 days for the full length of our planned trip? :confused3

It appears the packages are allowing for the max of a 7 day ticket only. Why is this, and what would be the best way to extend this to 8 days for the full length of our planned trip? :confused3
The "why" is how Disney is doing what they do for reasons of limiting theme park attendance.
How long they will maintain this is unknown.

Three possible "solutions."
A. Buy a 7-day ticket -and- a 1-day ticket. (Buy tickets from an authorized discounter and not as a "package.")
B. Don't go into a theme park on one of your days.
C. Wait to go to WDW until you can buy an 8-day ticket.

I have some non expiring tickets and am thinking of coming to the parks soon. I understand that I'm to log into mydisneyexperience and make a park reservation for the day I want to come but what happens if I end up not being able to make it that day. I'm assuming the ticket is still good to use at another time and the park reservation either needs to be cancelled (can that be done) or it will drop off if I do not enter? My daughter has special needs and our trip could be cancelled last minute. Also, can the park be changed at any point if we decide to go to another location?

Also, can tickets be purchased in person any longer? Or do they have to be purchased online? I was hoping to add an additional day to our stay but that means I need to purchase an additional ticket and just not sure I can do that at this point. Might not have the extra money until the trip.

Your ticket will be good to use. The use will only start when you actually enter the park.

Yes, you can cancel a park reservation online. Just click on the booking, and the option to cancel will be there.

You can't modify an existing park reservation, but you can cancel it and then book another for a different park, subject to availability (which is wide open for ticket holders, at this point at least).

I believe ticket windows are open. But I would still recommend buying tickets online or in the app, even if it's right before a visit. No reason to wait in a line, social distance, or any of that.

I believe ticket windows are open. But I would still recommend buying tickets online or in the app, even if it's right before a visit. No reason to wait in a line, social distance, or any of that.

Thank you!!! Good idea. I'm assuming you can make the purchase in the app and then go right to the park reservation (if available) immediately. If I do that, and we don't have magic bands attached to the mydisneyexperience account, how do we enter the park?

Thank you!!! Good idea. I'm assuming you can make the purchase in the app and then go right to the park reservation (if available) immediately.

If I do that, and we don't have magic bands attached to the mydisneyexperience account, how do we enter the park?
Just go the the regular entrance tap-styles with your ticket numbers (on your phone will work) and a CM will issue you new plastic RFID tickets that you will use/scan at the tap-style.
(You need the ticket so you can use it for reentry if you exit the park and return.)

Thank you!!! Good idea. I'm assuming you can make the purchase in the app and then go right to the park reservation (if available) immediately. If I do that, and we don't have magic bands attached to the mydisneyexperience account, how do we enter the park?
Just go the the regular entrance tap-styles with your ticket numbers (on your phone will work) and a CM will issue you new plastic RFID tickets that you will use/scan at the tap-style.
(You need the ticket so you can use it for reentry if you exit the park and return.)

Or the plastic ticket card you already have for the other ticket will work. Ticket cards, once linked to an individual, work like MagicBands. They access whatever is currently in your MDE account.

And yes, as soon as you make the purchase online, as long as you are signed into your MDE account and assign the ticket to the correct individual(s), you will be able to book a park.

Hi Robo,
We bought 2 sets of tickets: 4 day and 6 day tickets and moved 4 day set to my mom and dad on mde. Hoping to prioritize the 6 day for us to use next month. The 4 days on mom and dad are still visible on my mde My Plans since those profiles were on my acct. Did I do this right to ensure 6 days expiring 9/10/20 will be used?

Hi Robo,
We bought 2 sets of tickets: 4 day and 6 day tickets and moved 4 day set to my mom and dad on mde. Hoping to prioritize the 6 day for us to use next month. The 4 days on mom and dad are still visible on my mde My Plans since those profiles were on my acct.
Did I do this right to ensure 6 days expiring 9/10/20 will be used?
Since I would not trust MDX for accuracy,
regardless of what shows...
To make SURE that you will be using the correct tickets, before you go to the first park gates, stop by any Guest Relations and have the tickets that you want to use set to the highest priority for the correct guests in your MDE.

Since I would not trust MDX for accuracy,
regardless of what shows...
To make SURE that you will be using the correct tickets, before you go to the first park gates, stop by any Guest Relations and have the tickets that you want to use set to the highest priority for the correct guests in your MDE.
Thanks. Can I go to the ticket booth before the tapstyles instead of guest relations? And if so, can I go alone for both wife and I or do I at least need both MBs in hand?

Thanks.
1. Can I go to the ticket booth before the tapstyles instead of guest relations?
2. And if so, can I go alone for both wife and I or do I at least need both MBs in hand?
1. Unclear, especially now. (You can do this on a day or more previous to the day you enter the park.)
2. Just one of you. The guest in whose MDE account the tickets are listed.

1. Unclear, especially now. (You can do this on a day or more previous to the day you enter the park.)
2. Just one of you. The guest in whose MDE account the tickets are listed.
Thanks Robo, were going to HS first day, and I can’t picture where guest relations even is but the reason I asked about ticket booth was in case it was inside the park. I think it’s to the immediate right of the tapstyles. If outside taps - there should be no issue for me to go there first. I think open an hr before so 9am? And if the tickets are in my name I don’t need her MB right to get both prioritized right?

Thanks Robo, were going to HS first day, and I can’t picture where guest relations even is but
1. the reason I asked about ticket booth was in case it was inside the park. I think it’s to the immediate right of the tapstyles. If outside taps - there should be no issue for me to go there first.
2. I think open an hr before so 9am?
3. And if the tickets are in my name I don’t need her MB right to get both prioritized right?
1. There are GR outside ALL parks.
(Otherwise, how could guests deal with last-minute "issues" regarding park entry?)
2. Generally, yes.
3. Right.

All of this may be moot. You may not need to worry about it.
HOWEVER, it will take far less time to do it "carefully" beforehand than it would
to get it "fixed" if the wrong tickets get used.

I have some non expiring tickets and am thinking of coming to the parks soon. I understand that I'm to log into mydisneyexperience and make a park reservation for the day I want to come but what happens if I end up not being able to make it that day. I'm assuming the ticket is still good to use at another time and the park reservation either needs to be cancelled (can that be done) or it will drop off if I do not enter? My daughter has special needs and our trip could be cancelled last minute. Also, can the park be changed at any point if we decide to go to another location?

Also, can tickets be purchased in person any longer? Or do they have to be purchased online? I was hoping to add an additional day to our stay but that means I need to purchase an additional ticket and just not sure I can do that at this point. Might not have the extra money until the trip.

if those non-expiring tickets are ParkHoppers , you might consider keep them . Have you compared their future value ( including price increases)
with special offers today from Disney?
Hope your visit is fun and not hot...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter