if those non-expiring tickets are ParkHoppers , you might consider keep them . Have you compared their future value ( including price increases)
with special offers today from Disney?
Hope your visit is fun and not hot...

They actually are ParkHoppers. I've not been able to research yet but do you know if I purchase tickets for our trip and can't make the trip, can the tickets be moved to another time, paying for any increase in price? Our daughter has some health issues that can actually prevent us from going. The non expiring tickets were ideal for our situation but once they made up start paying for a particular time/day, we've not been able to go back.

They actually are ParkHoppers. I've not been able to research yet but

do you know if I purchase tickets for our trip and can't make the trip, can the tickets be moved to another time, paying for any increase in price?
Yes. (That hasn't changed.)

If this has been answered I apologize! At present we are vascillating between late October of 2020 and February 2021. This decision rests on what happens to the employment of my DD’s fiancé, who just upgraded from First Officer to Pilot on Piedmont right before COVID hit. If I buy 10 day 2021 tickets and then need to downgrade them to the maximum 7 days in 2020, does Disney refund the difference? And does it matter whether bought directly from Disney or from UT?

If this has been answered I apologize! At present we are vascillating between late October of 2020 and February 2021. This decision rests on what happens to the employment of my DD’s fiancé, who just upgraded from First Officer to Pilot on Piedmont right before COVID hit.

1. If I buy 10 day 2021 tickets and then need to downgrade them to the maximum 7 days in 2020, does Disney refund the difference?
2. And does it matter whether bought directly from Disney or from UT?
1. No.
2. No.
If saving the money on "unused days" on longer tickets is a concern, you should buy the length of tickets that you KNOW you will use, then if need be, you can UPGRADE them (or use their purchase cost to help buy new tickets for use on a later trip.)

Last edited:

Thanks! And also for all the time you taken answering questions perpetually.
1. No.
2. No.
If saving the money on "unused days" on longer tickets is a concern, you should buy the length of tickets that you KNOW you will use, then if need be, you can UPGRADE them (or use their purchase cost to help buy new tickets for use on a later trip.)

I have a question or more about the new Florida Resident Disney Magic Flex Ticket,
I haven't bought anything but a Fl AP in over 10 years so I need some help about this.
I just canceled my Fl silver AP last week and was told I would not get any refund on my down payment and 1 payment before they closed..I bought it on march 4th, so my first question is , is that right?
my 2nd question is, I plan on still going for Labor day weekend, I have a resort res with park days booked and they still show so I think they will work..not sure. I plan on buying that special ticket for 4 days and wanted to know if I only use 2 or 3 days can I apply the balance to a new AP if and when they offer it again?
Or will that all apply towards a new AP ?
I thought I heard something like that on here awhile back.
I also had booked rooms with park days,,about a dozen into Jan , and they all still show even after canceling the rooms a couple months ago..not sure if they will work.
TYIA

Hey all - I'm thinking about getting the Florida Flex ticket. I have bank statements and recent mail from USCIS with Florida address as I'm an immigrant who moved to the US last year. I have that part - I have an Employment Authorization card which has all details and photo but not address as covid held up my greencard process.

Will we have issues getting approved at will call? Husband has silver FL pass, and a state drivers license.

Will we have issues getting approved at will call? Husband has silver FL pass, and a state drivers license.
Do you reside with your husband at the same address?
If you now have his last name as part of the marriage, does your ID info have that name?
Will he be with you when you buy the AP?
If so, the rest doesn't matter.

Last edited:
We're going in a couple of weeks to Disney. We thought about cancelling but we've been practically quarantined since March so we really need a change of scenery for our mental health. Our tickets mention that they have a expiration date of Sep,26 2021. We're not sure about having a full Disney Park vacation as we planned. Thinking of only going a couple of days, and the rest just enjoy the resort and surroundings. If we only use 2 days of our tickets, will we be able to use the rest of the days at any time before Sept 2021?

Are park pass reservations tied to a specific ticket? I ask because a member of our group wasn't sure until recently if they were going. Because the trip was approaching and I didn't want to risk park passes "selling out" I added an extra ticket I had from my account to him in MDE and made park pass reservations for 6 days. Turns out that he's coming but only wants to enter the park for two days and bought a two day ticket. I removed the the previous ticket from him in MDE and added the one he bought. All of his park pass reservations still remain. Will he have issues entering the park on the two days he chooses?

Are park pass reservations tied to a specific ticket? I ask because a member of our group wasn't sure until recently if they were going. Because the trip was approaching and I didn't want to risk park passes "selling out" I added an extra ticket I had from my account to him in MDE and made park pass reservations for 6 days. Turns out that he's coming but only wants to enter the park for two days and bought a two day ticket.
1. I removed the the previous ticket from him in MDE and added the one he bought. All of his park pass reservations still remain.
2. Will he have issues entering the park on the two days he chooses?
1. Sounds OK, to me.
2. Better that he should decide which days he WILL go to the parks and cancel the days' reservations that he won't be using.

Last edited:
Better that he should decide which days he WILL go to the parks and cancel the days' reservations that he won't be using.
Thanks for the reply. At this point we do know which days he wants to enter but I cannot cancel his park pass on the other days without canceling park pass for the entire group. While I know the odds are slim, I don't want to risk everyone's park pass. Also, there's a chance after the first two days he may decide to upgrade his ticket to enter more days during the trip.

I am sorry if this has been discussed previously, but we purchased 7 day hoppers prior to covid. Without the ability to hop anymore does Disney refund the difference in prices?

thanks

Yes I am pretty sure that they will refund the cost of the park hopper option. Not sure if there is an easy way to get the refund or if you have to telephone.

Ok thanks I did purchase through Disney so hopefully that helps. There are 6 of us so it adds up.

My understanding was that you could not use tickets to apply to the renewal of an AP. You can certainly upgrade tickets to a new AP, but not to apply toward a renewal. Of course, having said that, you can always ask, but I would assume you run the risk of it cutting 3 months of your AP.
Can you bridge for AP renewal?

My understanding was that you could not use tickets to apply to the renewal of an AP. You can certainly upgrade tickets to a new AP, but not to apply toward a renewal. Of course, having said that, you can always ask, but I would assume you run the risk of it cutting 3 months of your AP.
Since we're jumping backwards to this post by about a year...
Guests HAVE traditionally been able to use the value of "current" never-used tickets to help
pay for an AP renewal (as well as help pay for a new AP.)

Whether present "conditions" find different rules...
who knows?

Last edited:
We have been AP so long I forgot how regular tickets work. Myself, DW, and DD are AP holders so no questions there. Our son just turned 3 so we didn't buy him an AP when we renewed ours. Pre-pandemic though we bought him a discounted 6 day park hopper. That sucker got extended all the way until 2023 due to COVID so we don't want to burn that one for our fall trip where we may just visit the park for 2-3 days. We figure that will be worth more money in the future. How do I make sure that we are burning the 2-3 day non-park hopper we just purchased for him and not the 6 day hopper when we visit in September?

Would you mind sharing the exact type of ticket this is, where you bought it, the new expiration date, and how you managed to get that extension?

That would be a 6-day PH ticket.
The "discounted" description would be that ticket bought via a third-party authorized ticket seller (as in, Undercover Tourist, Parksavers, etc.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter