Disney is allowing me to upgrade my 10 day PH ticket to a DVC Gold Pass for my December 2020 trip, but I have to do it in person because of using a third party site. I have a reference number so the CM can easily look it up and verify eligibility. My last park day is December 18th - which is a blackout date. In January of 2020, Robo stated here that you can upgrade an annual pass on a blackout day as long as you do it before close of the business day. Is that still accurate?

I know I will lose the AP discounts for the week, but I am also DVC and a Disney Chase Visa cardholder so will have a few discounts that way, too.

In January of 2020, Robo stated here that you can upgrade an annual pass on a blackout day as long as you do it before close of the business day. Is that still accurate?
Yup.
Meaning that you can upgrade a fully-used-up ticket as late as close of business on the day that you use that ticket's last asset. And, that you have always been able to upgrade to an affected AP on a blackout date as long as the ticket that you use to enter the park was not blacked out.

Last edited:
If I buy a one day ticket for my son and a 1 day ticket for my daughter, but don't use them, can I then turn those two single day tickets into 3 day tickets just for my daughter for a future trip?

If I buy a one day ticket for my son and a 1 day ticket for my daughter, but don't use them, can I then turn those two single day tickets into 3 day tickets just for my daughter for a future trip?
No, only 1 ticket may be used for an upgrade. You could certainly allow her to use both tickets, but they could not be combined into a 3-day ticket.

No, only 1 ticket may be used for an upgrade. You could certainly allow her to use both tickets, but they could not be combined into a 3-day ticket.
ok - have to think this through then. can't decide if we want to visit the parks during christmas week. we will be in the area for a week and it will be hard to stay away. but the cost for 1 day tickets is just so high.

the cost for 1 day tickets is just so high.
However, by extension, the cost of a THREE-day ticket is quite nearly the same as buying three one-day tickets.
(You don't get much "savings" until you reach 4-5 days, or more, per ticket.)

AND-
If you choose to NOT USE the one-day tickets this trip (if you allow them to fully "expire)
you will retain their purchase price and be able to use that "cash value" to help buy new tickets in the future.

Two separate tickets bought now can be used to help purchase two separate tickets in the future.
Those two separate tickets do not need to be purchased at the same time.
So... If you buy two separate one-day tickets now (at X dollars,) but do not use them,
you will, in effect, have "banked" X dollars toward two separate tickets (of any length) at some point in the future.

However, by extension, the cost of a THREE-day ticket is quite nearly the same as buying three one-day tickets.
(You don't get much "savings" until you reach 4-5 days, or more, per ticket.)

AND-
If you choose to NOT USE the one-day tickets this trip (if you allow them to fully "expire)
you will retain their purchase price and be able to use that "cash value" to help buy new tickets in the future.

Two separate tickets bought now can be used to help purchase two separate tickets in the future.
Those two separate tickets do not need to be purchased at the same time.
So... If you buy two separate one-day tickets now (at X dollars,) but do not use them,
you will, in effect, have "banked" X dollars toward two separate tickets (of any length) at some point in the future.
ah........ok. so i'll consider it an investment. thanks!

Disney is allowing me to upgrade my 10 day PH ticket to a DVC Gold Pass for my December 2020 trip, but I have to do it in person because of using a third party site. I have a reference number so the CM can easily look it up and verify eligibility. My last park day is December 18th - which is a blackout date. In January of 2020, Robo stated here that you can upgrade an annual pass on a blackout day as long as you do it before close of the business day. Is that still accurate?

I know I will lose the AP discounts for the week, but I am also DVC and a Disney Chase Visa cardholder so will have a few discounts that way, too.

How did you get Disney to let you upgrade your 10 day PH? I thought they only allowed AP renewals. I also have a 10 day PH bought from a third party. I have 3 separate trips over the next 7 months or so, with the first one being in 2 weeks, which would cost to much in tickets if I can’t get an annual pass. The trips are on the long side so I really don’t think I can stomach buying 2 more batches for 9 day PH tickets!

How did you get Disney to let you upgrade your 10 day PH? I thought they only allowed AP renewals. I also have a 10 day PH bought from a third party. I have 3 separate trips over the next 7 months or so, with the first one being in 2 weeks, which would cost to much in tickets if I can’t get an annual pass. The trips are on the long side so I really don’t think I can stomach buying 2 more batches for 9 day PH tickets!
I'd like to know too! DH and I bought regular tickets so we could make park pass reservations matching our kids for the week leading to Christmas, but we wouldn't mind keeping them to apply to a future AP purchase if we could upgrade our Gold passes to Platinum for that trip!

@TheEpcotForEver and CarolynFH - Because I am a Unicorn. :teeth:

JK - see this thread for a more complete response, https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...nsions-refunds.3798147/page-237#post-62521386

I don't know all eligible criteria or the variables involved, but I qualified because:

1) Had a resort trip planned during the extended closure of WDW with an active AP;
2) Took the refund offered to all Passholders in July for the remaining value the AP; and
3) Have a current trip planned.

You need to call the Passholder line which can have substantially long waits to see if you qualify. If I had bought my PH pass through Disney I could have upgraded over the phone. The AP does not start to run until first use so I know some are buying the passes and holding them for the future.

@TheEpcotForEver and CarolynFH - Because I am a Unicorn. :teeth:

JK - see this thread for a more complete response, https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...nsions-refunds.3798147/page-237#post-62521386

I don't know all eligible criteria or the variables involved, but I qualified because:

1) Had a resort trip planned during the extended closure of WDW with an active AP;
2) Took the refund offered to all Passholders in July for the remaining value the AP; and
3) Have a current trip planned.

You need to call the Passholder line which can have substantially long waits to see if you qualify. If I had bought my PH pass through Disney I could have upgraded over the phone. The AP does not start to run until first use so I know some are buying the passes and holding them for the future.
Thanks. I didn’t realize that you met all those qualifications; somehow I got the impression you didn’t (or maybe I was in hopeful denial that you didn’t!). Ah well. Maybe we’ll take our Gold APs to GS and ask nicely to upgrade them, as Robo says. All they can do is say No, right?

I have two comp tickets linked to me. One expires in 12/21 and one expires in 9/22. When I got next week, how do I make sure the one expiring 12/21 gets used? It's possible I might go on two separate days which is why I linked them both to me right now.

I have two comp tickets linked to me. One expires in 12/21 and one expires in 9/22.

1. When I got next week, how do I make sure the one expiring 12/21 gets used?
2. It's possible I might go on two separate days which is why I linked them both to me right now.
1. BEFORE you go to the first park gate, stop by any Guest Relations and have the ticket that you DO want to use first have it's priority set to the highest priority.

2. As long as you don't have any other tickets in your MDX account, if you do what I described in #1, you don't need to do anything else to have your OTHER ("9/22") ticket automatically used at the NEXT park gate, whenever you are ready to use it.

Note: Just to double-check, at some point during the day that you use your first comp ticket, go to a Guest Relations (there are GR windows inside and outside all of the parks) and double-check that the ticket that got used at the gate WAS, in fact, the ticket that you wanted to use.
If the wrong ticket accidentally got used, it will be much easier to correct that during this trip.

Last edited:
1. BEFORE you go to the first park gate, stop by any Guest Relations and have the ticket that you DO want to use first have it's priority set to the highest priority.

2. As long as you don't have any other tickets in your MDX account, if you do what I described in #1, you don't need to do anything else to have your OTHER ("9/22") ticket automatically used at the NEXT park gate, whenever you are ready to use it.
Oh man. While I don't want to be on hold forever either, I also don't want to waste time before going to the park. I can't call before going?

Follow up question. As of now, we have purchased one day, dated based tickets for each kid. I want to purchase another day for each of them, but I do not want to turn their one day tix into two day tix b/c it's possible we won't use both days. If I bought them for 12/26 and want to switch the park reservation to 12/28 (for example), can I do this all online? Or will this lead to the need to call for help?

I have a regular 6-day ticket to use this coming week as well as a blacked-out Gold AP. I don’t need to go to GR before entering a park, do I? I know the system recognizes the two different valid periods, because it wouldn’t let me book park passes until I linked the 6-day tickets, just want to avoid snafus at the gate. TIA!

I want to buy my son a fl resident ticket while he is home from college. The current deal lasts until Dec 18. I was hoping to be able to get a 4 day ticket and use it for different non-consecutive days between now and the 18th. For example, use one day this Friday, another next Weds, then the following Sunday, etc. When I go to buy it, it says that it will start on the 4th and end on the 8th. Is there anyway to change that end date to accomplish what I want to do? We live in Jacksonville and always drive down for the day. I don't really want to drive down that many times in a week.

I don't think you can because of a date based ticket

I have a regular 6-day ticket to use this coming week as well as a blacked-out Gold AP. I don’t need to go to GR before entering a park, do I? I know the system recognizes the two different valid periods, because it wouldn’t let me book park passes until I linked the 6-day tickets, just want to avoid snafus at the gate. TIA!
The gate computer won't "use" a ticket that is blacked out.

Oh man. While I don't want to be on hold forever either, I also don't want to waste time before going to the park.
1. I can't call before going?

Follow up question. As of now, we have purchased one day, dated based tickets for each kid. I want to purchase another day for each of them, but
2. I do not want to turn their one day tix into two day tix b/c it's possible we won't use both days.
3. If I bought them for 12/26 and want to switch the park reservation to 12/28 (for example), can I do this all online?
4. Or will this lead to the need to call for help?
1. You can try.
2. There would be very little "savings" in doing so, anyway.
3. You are mixing up two separate things... "ticket use dates" and "park reservations."
4. You can change your ticket dates, but I'm not sure that you (alone) can change your
park day reservations. You can try.

I am so super confused at this point. Please help.
My ticket media:
Comp ticket linked to me
Comp ticket linked to husband
Comp ticket linked to daughter - 7
Comp ticket linked to son - 9
Purchased one day ticket for 12/31 - linked to daughter
Purchased one day ticket for 12/31- linked to son
6 tickets total

Park Pass Reservations:
All of us booked for 12/27 at Epcot
All of us booked for 12/31 at Epcot
So that’s using 8 tickets **** but me and hubby only have two comp tickets linked.

What’s going on? Will the system re set after me and hubby use our tickets on 12/27? What number do I call to work this all out. We don’t want to go on 12/31 but I’m too afraid to cancel and lose another park day Bc the system will not let me book any other dates even tho there is park availability.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter