That depends... from where to you plan to purchase the tickets? WDW package (resort+tickets) is refundable until the PIF date (generally 30 days prior to arrival). Tickets purchased separately direct from WDW are generally not refundable. From an authorized reseller you'll need to check their return/refund policy; some will refund minus a "restocking" fee if it's within X days of purchasing. If the tickets are not refundable, as long as they remain unused you can always use the value towards new tickets for another trip. Note that you cannot reserve park reservations without the tickets linked to your MDE.

We are DVC and we plan on buying directly from Disney this time just in case we have to cancel

We are DVC and we plan on buying directly from Disney this time just in case we have to cancel
If you cancel you can certainly ask for a refund - a few folks have been successful. However generally tickets are non-refundable, but you can retain the value towards a future ticket.

To restate: Unless you buy the tickets as PART of your room reservation, you will not generally be able to get a refund if you decide not to make the trip.

Generally, an unused ticket can be reassigned.
OK - so my two child date based tickets for 12/29 went unused. I was playing around with the system and re-assigned ONE of the child ones to myself. It then changed to "non-transferrable." At this point, I don't see either ticket in the system. I'm assuming I will have to call once I decide when to use them next? I was hoping they'd be in the system so if a park opened up today, I could book on a whim (not happening at this point).

OK - so my two child date based tickets for 12/29 went unused. I was playing around with the system and re-assigned ONE of the child ones to myself. It then changed to "non-transferrable." At this point, I don't see either ticket in the system. I'm assuming I will have to call once I decide when to use them next? I was hoping they'd be in the system so if a park opened up today, I could book on a whim (not happening at this point).
Often once the expiration date passes, the ticket “disappears” from your view but WDW can still see it. Yes, you will need to call to use the credit at this point.

Has anyone had any luck getting their tickets refunded if purchased directly from Disney during this pandemic? My in-laws were originally coming but have decided not to. They'd like their money back as they don't know when they'll come again. The rest of us are still going, but we already have our tickets because I bought them all at once, so I can't transfer them.

Has anyone had any luck getting their tickets refunded if purchased directly from Disney during this pandemic? My in-laws were originally coming but have decided not to. They'd like their money back as they don't know when they'll come again. The rest of us are still going, but we already have our tickets because I bought them all at once, so I can't transfer them.
I called and was able to get them refunded since we purchased the tickets precovid.

I need to try this. Did you call recently??
Just today. It really seemed to matter to them that the tickets were purchased pre-covid for a covid-era trip. So I'd say if you purchased your tickets April or later, you may have different results.

Just today. It really seemed to matter to them that the tickets were purchased pre-covid for a covid-era trip. So I'd say if you purchased your tickets April or later, you may have different results.
Also, the first person I spoke with was going to refund them to our gift card in 4-6 weeks, but I accidentally gave them the wrong gift card number. So I called back to correct that and mentioned that we are leaving in 3 weeks to go to Disney and the second CM refunded our (correct) gift card instantly.

We leave tomorrow for orlando. I wanna make a park reservation for magic kingdom tonite for thursday. How do I go about getting my admission cards since mailing them is too late? Do i just go to guest relations and show them an email or something?

Did you purchase tickets through My Disney Experience? If so, you can make park reservations now.

You can visit a ticket booth to get a physical card when you get to the parks.

We leave tomorrow for orlando. I wanna make a park reservation for magic kingdom tonite for thursday. How do I go about getting my admission cards since mailing them is too late? Do i just go to guest relations and show them an email or something?
You can even just walk right up to the entry gates with an email or print out showing your tickets. They will then give you a card.

Thanks so much. I did purchase and make reservations through the app. So I'll just go to the ticket booth to get my physical cards.

I bought tickets pre-COVID and thought you couldn’t get refund unless it was w a room package. Was yours part of a package?

I'm going with a friend next Friday and have one-day tickets. The language in MDE where my tickets are seems to suggest that if I want to change my ticket to a parkhopper that I have to do that the day before I plan to visit at the latest. Am I interpreting that right or can I upgrade to a hopper from a regular ticket at guest services before I enter the park day of?

Historically, the Hopper could be added at the 2nd park when you wanted to first use that feature. I don't know if the current 2021 hopping allows for that or if you must have the Hopper option added in advance. I know you cannot take the park-to-park transportation without already having a Hopper ticket.

Historically, the Hopper could be added at the 2nd park when you wanted to first use that feature. I don't know if the current 2021 hopping allows for that or if you must have the Hopper option added in advance. I know you cannot take the park-to-park transportation without already having a Hopper ticket.

I've watched a few vloggers talk about park hopping on 1/1/21 & if you are driving to your 2nd park, if you don't have park hopping on your ticket they wouldn't allow you to park. I've also heard the park-to-park buses were also checking if you had parking hopping on your ticket before letting you on the bus to go to another park (she reported park-to-park buses started arriving about 1:45pm, fyi). I don't know if things have changed since Day 1, but it does sound like if you plan to park hop, you would have to add it before you traveled to your 2nd park/add it when leaving your 1st park. Vloggers also emphasized you MUST enter your 1st park at which you have your park pass reservation before deciding to park hop. Even if you start your day at 3pm, you have to use a park pass reservation before you can park hop, but multi park hopping is allowed at/after 2pm.

I'm still unsure if park hopping will be worth it for our trip in March. I'm waiting to see if park hours are being extended. It was nice to see that they did extend hours in January, but still are reduced in March.

I have a 1 day ticket good for this Friday that I plan to use. I just booked a trip for July with 5-day hoppers. Do I need to worry about having the tickets prioritized before entering the park or will the 1 day ticket automatically be used because it's dated for Friday? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter