:wave: I have unused tickets that Disney changed to expire 9/26/21 because of the closure during my travel dates. I see where it states that the "value" of my tickets can be used to purchase tickets at a later date, but could anyone tell me how they figure out the value of my tickets if I didn't purchase through Disney? Wasn't sure if they go by the exact amount I paid somehow, or if they use some other formula to determine the value...
They will be worth the amount Disney would have charged you a that time if you had ordered the tickets from Disney.

I'm looking at ticket prices for this week (last minute trip). When I put in 2 day tickets, I get one price. However, when I purchase a 1 day ticket for 2 days, it is cheaper (by about 50-100 dollars). We are staying off-property.

Any ideas on why? Is this something that we could do to get the cheaper rate?

I'm looking at ticket prices for this week (last minute trip). When I put in 2 day tickets, I get one price. However, when I purchase a 1 day ticket for 2 days, it is cheaper (by about 50-100 dollars). We are staying off-property.

Any ideas on why? Is this something that we could do to get the cheaper rate?

Which specific dates? Early this week rates are lower than later in the week. A 2-day ticket with a start date on Mon 1/11 appears to be the lowest price, assuming your 2 days will be Mon, Tues, Wed or Thurs. 2 single-day entries will cost more. If your days include Friday or into the weekend, you can play with the numbers. Your ticket "start date" does Not need to be your first day in the parks as long as the "use window" extends to your last day. For example you can buy the lesser-priced 2-day ticket that starts on Mon even if you plan to use it on Wed and Thurs.

And as PP mentions, be sure the 2-day isn't a hopper. Hopping adds a considerable amount to a 2-day ticket.

We will be at Disney for 3 days. Right now our flight arrival is late enough that it doesn't seem worth the extra cost to go to a park on arrival day, so I'm looking at 2 day base tickets. However, the flight we booked often gets moved earlier in the day, and if that happens, we may want to add a day.

I plan to for the use window to start on arrival day (Sunday), but book our two park days on Monday and Tuesday. IF the flight gets pushed earlier and we decide ahead of time we want to add a third day, will Disney sell us that extra day in advance? What if we purchased tickets from Undercover Tourist?

Thanks for your help!

Anyone know the answer to these questions? If not I will make it to Disney Springs at some point and can ask guest services there.

I have a 2 day park hopper ticket from way back then that I've been saving.

I had wanted to eventually apply that ticket's cost to a Florida AP once I moved here. I have now moved here and cannot get APs.

Someone told me if I buy the 4 day FL resident ticket that the value of that ticket could later be applied (even if all used) to a FL resident AP once they start to sell those again. That doesn't sound true, anyone know?

Also, let's say I cave and buy the 4 day resident ticket (seems a waste when that could be 1/4 the cost of my eventual AP, which is why I'm holding out). If I use 3 days of those tickets and APs begin to be sold again, could I then use the cost of those 4 day tickets and the 2 day park hoppers I mentioned above to apply the cost towards an AP purchase? Or can you only put one set of tickets towards an upgrade ticket purchase (AP).

Anyone know the answer to these questions? If not I will make it to Disney Springs at some point and can ask guest services there.

I have a 2 day park hopper ticket from way back then that I've been saving.

I had wanted to eventually apply that ticket's cost to a Florida AP once I moved here. I have now moved here and cannot get APs.

A. Someone told me if I buy the 4 day FL resident ticket that the value of that ticket could later be applied (even if all used) to a FL resident AP once they start to sell those again. That doesn't sound true, anyone know?

Also, let's say I cave and buy the 4 day resident ticket (seems a waste when that could be 1/4 the cost of my eventual AP, which is why I'm holding out).
B. If I use 3 days of those tickets and APs begin to be sold again, could I then use the cost of those 4 day tickets
C. and the 2 day park hoppers I mentioned above to apply the cost towards an AP purchase?
D. Or can you only put one set of tickets towards an upgrade ticket purchase (AP).
A. Unlikely. It could depend on the timing and/or any new (unknown) rules that may come about.
B. Yes. But...
C. No.
D. Correct.

A. Unlikely. It could depend on the timing and/or any new (unknown) rules that may come about.
B. Yes. But...
C. No.
D. Correct.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Though not exactly the answer I wanted to hear. Unless I just feel like blowing $400 for 4 day tickets for the two of us, no parks for us until they open up APs again.

It's hard to justify spending that $400+ when I have no idea if/when resident APs will be sold again. If I spend $400+on 4 day tickets and they start to sell APs again in a month....that money would have been better spent on 1/4 the price of the AP.

Sigh.

Are the tickets purchased direct from Disney refundable? I know the value will stay with them for a later date, but what if our friend ends up not going, and wants a refund? If they are refundable, does it matter what type of a ticket it is?

Thanks for the help!

1. Are the tickets purchased direct from Disney refundable?
2. I know the value will stay with them for a later date,
3. but what if our friend ends up not going, and wants a refund?
1. In general, no.
2. Yup.
3. Sorry, but no.
If you buy your tickets as part of a WDW Resort "Package" (Room and Tickets,)
you can get a refund on everything within a specific time before your trip's booking.

Last edited:
I have a ten day base ticket. I was hoping to turn that into an AP. Can I use the value toward an AP, like the Florida residents, once AP sales resume? I am not a Florida resident and have two trips planned for 2021. Thanks.

I have a ten day base ticket. I was hoping to turn that into an AP. Can I use the value toward an AP, like the Florida residents, once AP sales resume? I am not a Florida resident and have two trips planned for 2021. Thanks.
The best you can do is ask. I’ve read a couple of folks mention that a note was put on their account, but whether that will in fact be honored later for an upgrade to AP remains to be seen. I would have a back-up plan in case APs are not yet available at the time of your second trip - or maybe more importantly, at the point you need a ticket in your account to make park reservations for that next trip.

I have ticket questions that I hope can be answered here.

1. I have one day tickets issued to my kids (2009) that were never used. Will they still be able to use them this year? They are now adults.
2. I have two commemorative tickets that were never used.(25th anniversary) Will I have problems using them this year.?

Will I have to pay the difference to make up for the current prices?

Thanks for any info.

I have ticket questions that I hope can be answered here.

1. I have one day tickets issued to my kids (2009) that were never used. Will they still be able to use them this year? They are now adults.
2. I have two commemorative tickets that were never used.(25th anniversary) Will I have problems using them this year.?

3. Will I have to pay the difference to make up for the current prices?

Thanks for any info.
1. Yes, but they will need to upgrade to current adult tickets. (Pay the difference from the price of child tickets then, to adult tickets now.)

2. I don't know what kind of tickets these are,
but in general, valid tickets from past years work, as-is, now.

3. For #1, yes. For #2, no. (But, they cannot be upgraded or altered.)

Hi, hoping someone can help answer my question! My son has a FL resident AP that expires in Feb (his dad lives in FL and got him one when they went on a trip). We want to renew the pass and pay with a gift card, but I am not finding that as an option in MDE. I called and the CM said I could do it on website, but there are no renewal options on the website, only MDE (unless I'm looking in the wrong spot). MDE only gives me option for credit card. CM said I could call in and they could take a gift card over phone. I don't want to go buy the gift card if that's not really any option. Anyone been able to renew a FL resident pass with a gift card online or via phone? We are not able to go in person before it expires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter