I just received my two tickets in the mail for the special 3 day/ 3 parks deal.
I cannot see any designation for a name on each. Are they interchangeable?
Or should I be able to find on the disney app which is assigned to who?
One has a photo of Elsa, the other has a photo of Simba.
Husband might be find it a bit awkward to flash his Elsa ticket for 3 days!

I just received my two tickets in the mail for the special 3 day/ 3 parks deal.
I cannot see any designation for a name on each. Are they interchangeable?
Did you order through your MDE account? If so, you should
be able to look under MagicBands and see these hard plastic tickets linked to the individuals. If the tickets are NOT already linked to your profiles, you can do that, choosing the picture for each.

Also, your DH is welcome to use any old hard plastic ticket or MagicBand that is already linked to him. Or he can use his phone. Or he can buy a new MB. Or just request a new plastic card once you arrive. The actual "ticket" is linked to the person's MDE profile and not directly to a specific hard plastic ticket.

Did you order through your MDE account? If so, you should
be able to look under MagicBands and see these hard plastic tickets linked to the individuals. If the tickets are NOT already linked to your profiles, you can do that, choosing the picture for each.

Also, your DH is welcome to use any old hard plastic ticket or MagicBand that is already linked to him. Or he can use his phone. Or he can buy a new MB. Or just request a new plastic card once you arrive. The actual "ticket" is linked to the person's MDE profile and not directly to a specific hard plastic ticket.
Thank you!

Annual pass question

We bought sorcerer passes a few months back
We are at wdw now and we need to activate them. If they are on our Apple wallet, do we still need to go to guest relations to get them activated or do we head straight to ticket tap in to enter park?

I'm debating on buying an AP for a family trip this year to save money on parking, photopass, other discounts. Within 12 months I'm hoping to go back with just one other person. If I get an AP, can I still book promotional packages for my second trip? A LOOONG time ago, I was able to do so and then just didn't use the ticket that the package gave me and was able to use it at a later date...is there still something like this available?

If I get an AP, can I still book promotional packages for my second trip?
A "package" booking that includes tickets requires all room occupants to have the same ticket. If you don't use that ticket, a credit will carry forward so you can upgrade it to a new ticket at a later date. Be sure to make note of the ticket number (or maybe reservation number) and value of the ticket as of the date you book the package. That will be your credit value. Also, be sure to prioritize your AP so the package ticket doesn't inadvertently get used.

You might also want to consider a room-only discount with tickets purchased separately -- either directly through WDW or a third-party vendor. Or if the promotion doesn't require a ticket purchase, you may be able to book a "basic package" which is essentially a room-on reservation with the package terms (deposit, PIF, cancellation). And again buy the ticket for the other person as a separate transaction.

Follow-up question on possibly updating to an AP...If I go with a large group and I'm the only one with an AP, will that make it more difficult since the trip is 12 days (10 day hopper) so I wouldn't be able to book some things since I'd need a park reservation as the only AP holder? AP can only reserve 5 days, so I wouldn't want to complicate things since I'll be the primary "booker of things" in the group. I'm trying to justify the AP with the probable second trip, free parking for 10 days plus saving $100 on memory maker each trip...but I don't want it to cause complications for the first trip. A lot has changed since I did my last big trip in 2019!

Follow-up question on possibly updating to an AP...If I go with a large group and I'm the only one with an AP, will that make it more difficult since the trip is 12 days (10 day hopper) so I wouldn't be able to book some things since I'd need a park reservation as the only AP holder? AP can only reserve 5 days, so I wouldn't want to complicate things since I'll be the primary "booker of things" in the group. I'm trying to justify the AP with the probable second trip, free parking for 10 days plus saving $100 on memory maker each trip...but I don't want it to cause complications for the first trip. A lot has changed since I did my last big trip in 2019!
Are you staying on or offsite? If onsite, you are not limited to 5 days. If offsite, you are.

I want to make sure I understand the price bridging and upgrade process. I have an 8 day ticket I purchased through UT. It cost 833.22 after tax. (All ticket prices I'm listing are after tax)The same ticket direct from Disney on that day cost 895.86. Currently a 9 day ticket from Disney is 915.09 If I upgrade to a 9 day ticket after I get to Disney, would my cost be 915.09 - 895.86 = 19.23? Assuming there is not a price increase between now and next month when I go. Thanks!

Annual pass question

We bought sorcerer passes a few months back
We are at wdw now and we need to activate them. If they are on our Apple wallet, do we still need to go to guest relations to get them activated or do we head straight to ticket tap in to enter park?
If you need to activate them, you’ll need to visit GR before entering your first park. There’s a GR outside every park entrance as well as one in Disney Springs. The ones at the parks open by around the time the first guests start arriving via Disney transportation.

I don't think it would complicate things for you to have an AP. Usually AP reservations are not too difficult to get even the day before (at least in my experience in 2022/2023) and you don't need a park reservation to book ADRs or special activities. Do the math on what you will actually save (parking, known discounts, memory maker, etc) and if it saves you money, I would do it. It really isn't terribly complicated or different from using another ticket.

I don't think it would complicate things for you to have an AP. Usually AP reservations are not too difficult to get even the day before (at least in my experience in 2022/2023) and you don't need a park reservation to book ADRs or special activities. Do the math on what you will actually save (parking, known discounts, memory maker, etc) and if it saves you money, I would do it. It really isn't terribly complicated or different from using another ticket.
I understand the financials and they check out, my main concern is if I'm booking VQs...etc, it looks like I'd need a park reservation for that park that day. Is it possible for me to not be allowed a park reservation for a day and then it would block my ability to get 7am VQ that day? I'm going late May, early June this year so I don't think it'll be insanely busy.

I understand the financials and they check out, my main concern is if I'm booking VQs...etc, it looks like I'd need a park reservation for that park that day. Is it possible for me to not be allowed a park reservation for a day and then it would block my ability to get 7am VQ that day? I'm going late May, early June this year so I don't think it'll be insanely busy.
I guess the short answer is that if you don't have a reservation and it's not a "good to go" day then you wouldn't be able to get the 7am VQ. That said, although I haven't been since they removed the reservation requirement for non-AP tickets, I never didn't get a reservation that I wanted. You'll be able to make your 6th one after you use your 1st one so you'll still be making them several days out. The only thing you might consider is if you are going over any "special days" where the AP slots might fill up (May the 4th for HS) then you might want to include those days in your original 5 reservations instead of just reserving your first 5 park days. But I wouldn't let any of this talk me out of getting an AP if the numbers added up. You can look at the AP reservation calendar online and all the days for the next year are wide open except for today and May the 4th.

I have an annual pass now that expires 6/23. I want to renew to a new pass for next year. I have a trip planned that starts 6/22. How do I book park reservations now when it won’t let me renew my annual pass until 2 months before it expires? I want to make sure I get my MK days since I think there are restrictions on hopping there on weekend if you have an AP- so do I really have to wait until 2 months before to be able to renew my AP and then boom park reactions? I feel behind by not having my park reservations down yet when my trip is in June! Thank you!

Previously, I booked a package with resort stay plus tickets using a Bounceback offer. Today I booked another resort stay for six weeks later. I was going to do a package to include tickets with that reservation as well, but as I was checking out I realized that annual passes are less than $200 more than buying the tickets for both trips, so I skipped adding the tickets to the reservation that I made today. Now I have a few questions.

First, does anyone have experience trying to remove tickets from a package made with a Bounceback discount? Will I be able to do this without giving up the room rate that I previously secured?

Secondly, how much of a pain is the resort reservation situation? We haven't had annual passes since before the troubled times.

Thirdly, I see the term "good to go days" used a lot here, but I can't find that term on the annual pass purchase page. Can someone please explain. We are out of state so I will be purchasing Incredi-passes.

TIA

This may have been covered already but can anyone explain if the park is only open until 9pm how the fireworks are at 9:30?
They’re after park close. Generally speaking the parks don’t just shut down at close and fireworks after close is kind of an extension of that concept.

They’re after park close. Generally speaking the parks don’t just shut down at close and fireworks after close is kind of an extension of that concept.
Thanks for clarifying. Can I ask as well are the rides closed then or is it just they don't allow more people in?

Thanks for clarifying. Can I ask as well are the rides closed then or is it just they don't allow more people in?
you can jump in line until park close. If you’re in line at park close you get ride. So theoretically if something had a 3 hour line at park close it would run for three hours past close to get eveyone through while not allowing anyone new to join.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter