First, does anyone have experience trying to remove tickets from a package
Assuming you are not within the penalty phase for the package (30 days prior to arrival) and the package didn't require tickets (free dining requires tickets, not sure that bounce back does) -- you can drop the tickets which should leave the rest of your reservation intact. But if it was a special offer and no longer available, maybe not.

You would then need to buy tickets separately. What I might suggest is waiting until you are there for your first visit and upgrade the tickets then. Just keep an eye on the situation for theme park reservations because APs will require those once you do the upgrade.

I see the term "good to go days"
"Good to go" days are dates on the AP theme park reservations calendar that essentially do not require a theme park reservation. However they don't seem to appear until very shortly before the date(s) -- as in anywhere from 2 days to maybe 2 weeks out. Not very useful if you need to plan a trip if coming from out of state. Probably most useful for the locals who might pop in relatively unplanned.

How do I book park reservations now
Unfortunately you'll probably have to wait until you renew. I know for a bit during the pandemic times, WDW was somehow allowing early theme park reservation booking if you called and had a resort reservation for after your AP would renew. But I believe they stopped that.

Assuming you are not within the penalty phase for the package (30 days prior to arrival) and the package didn't require tickets (free dining requires tickets, not sure that bounce back does) -- you can drop the tickets which should leave the rest of your reservation intact. But if it was a special offer and no longer available, maybe not.

You would then need to buy tickets separately. What I might suggest is waiting until you are there for your first visit and upgrade the tickets then. Just keep an eye on the situation for theme park reservations because APs will require those once you do the upgrade.

"Good to go" days are dates on the AP theme park reservations calendar that essentially do not require a theme park reservation. However they don't seem to appear until very shortly before the date(s) -- as in anywhere from 2 days to maybe 2 weeks out. Not very useful if you need to plan a trip if coming from out of state. Probably most useful for the locals who might pop in relatively unplanned.
Thank you! I may just take your suggestion and upgrade on our first park day. That may be the least complicated way to handle it, especially since if I buy APs beforehand we're still going to have to stop at a window to activate them anyway.

I looked at the reservation calendar earlier today and saw green circles on tomorrow and Tuesday. Would that be the indicator for "good to go"?

I want to make sure I understand the price bridging and upgrade process. I have an 8 day ticket I purchased through UT. It cost 833.22 after tax. (All ticket prices I'm listing are after tax)The same ticket direct from Disney on that day cost 895.86. Currently a 9 day ticket from Disney is 915.09 If I upgrade to a 9 day ticket after I get to Disney, would my cost be 915.09 - 895.86 = 19.23? Assuming there is not a price increase between now and next month when I go. Thanks!

I'm reposting this hoping someone can check my understanding of the process. Thanks.

Is there any way to determine in advance the price to upgrade a 7 day park hopper ticket to an annual pass (Incredipass)? We bought through Costco and have the ticket reservation number that we entered into MDE. Our stay starts later in the summer. I was curious as to the approximate cost to upgrade if we go to guest services on our first day at the parks.

I’ve never bridged a ticket, but I thought about a year or two ago, people were saying Disney doesn’t bridge anymore. If fact some complaints of Disney saying X company bought the ticket for $500 (even though you paid $550) and Disney started adding price from $500.

Untrue?

Is there any way to determine in advance the price to upgrade a 7 day park hopper ticket to an annual pass (Incredipass)? We bought through Costco and have the ticket reservation number that we entered into MDE. Our stay starts later in the summer. I was curious as to the approximate cost to upgrade if we go to guest services on our first day at the parks.
Approximate cost will be:
look up current price on WDW website for what you have now*
look up current price on WDW website for the AP you want
find the difference = what you will pay (+ tax) for the upgrade

*The credit for your existing ticket will depend on what date you purchased it from Costco. If there was a price increase between when you bought from Costco and now (some prices may have increased in late February), the current WDW ticket price may not be completely accurate. But it will give you a pretty decent estimate.

How does renewing annual passes while upgrading pass type work for the expiration date? I would expect it to remain on the same cycle but my pass doesn’t have an expiration date in MDE so I’m curious if it resets from the first time I use the new pass or for whatever reason it just don’t list a date.

Anyone has any experience with adding the Water parks & Sports package to the AP? I was wondering about the 9-hole golf and mini golf. Do you get one entry overall or can you got once per day?

How does renewing annual passes while upgrading pass type work for the expiration date? I would expect it to remain on the same cycle but my pass doesn’t have an expiration date in MDE so I’m curious if it resets from the first time I use the new pass or for whatever reason it just don’t list a date.
My experience has been, if you renew (even upgrading), it remains on the same cycle.

My experience has been, if you renew (even upgrading), it remains on the same cycle.
I just upgraded our 7 day park hopper tickets (date based for Aug 31st this year) to Sorcerer Passes two days ago. I just paid the difference in the ticket vs pass prices which was a no brainer. Since my passes won't officially start until I use them at the park they currently have an expiration date of 2099. I would think once I scan into a park they will expire one year later from the date I scan in. I don't know how it works when you renew, but I think it works in a similar but maybe someone can confirm.

I just upgraded our 7 day park hopper tickets (date based for Aug 31st this year) to Sorcerer Passes two days ago. I just paid the difference in the ticket vs pass prices which was a no brainer. Since my passes won't officially start until I use them at the park they currently have an expiration date of 2099. I would think once I scan into a park they will expire one year later from the date I scan in. I don't know how it works when you renew, but I think it works in a similar but maybe someone can confirm.
You have a new AP voucher. You actually have 1 year from date of purchase to activate the AP, then the AP is valid for 1 year from the date of activation.

@Rpo0921 AP renewals use the same expiration date cycle. The renewal simply pushes out the expiration date by 1 full year. Even if changing AP type. I can't speak to why your MDE doesn't show an expiration date...glitch?

Anyone has any experience with adding the Water parks & Sports package to the AP? I was wondering about the 9-hole golf and mini golf. Do you get one entry overall or can you got once per day?
Yes, my understanding is once per day. However I don't have first-hand experience so hopefully someone else does...

Adding on to this question because I was considering this option myself today...
Is entry to the water parks unlimited? Do you need reservations for the water parks?
Disney's fine print is really confusing.

You have a new AP voucher. You actually have 1 year from date of purchase to activate the AP, then the AP is valid for 1 year from the date of activation.
Thanks for the explanation. She probably told me that and I probably spaced when she was going over it knowing that we are going in Sept and I will be activating it then. I knew about it being valid for 1 year from the time I first activate it.

My annual pass expires the day before I get to Disney. Some of us need tickets, so we need to include tickets in our room package. Can I use the ticket from the room package to renew my annual pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter