I have a question, sorry if this has been asked and answered. My family of 5, along with my mom, upgraded to annual passes when we were there in March. We have another trip planned in December, this time with my entire extended family (total of 26 of us).

I know with our annual pass, we get free parking at parks. I am not planning on renting a car, but my sister and her family may. Since I have not taken advantage of the free parking, I am not sure how it works. Would I be able to use my free parking pass for her? Is it done through the magic band and I (or my mom) would need to be in the car with her when she she parks? Just curious how it works. Thanks!

I know with our annual pass, we get free parking at parks. I am not planning on renting a car, but my sister and her family may. Since I have not taken advantage of the free parking, I am not sure how it works.
1. Would I be able to use my free parking pass for her?
2. Is it done through the magic band and
3. I (or my mom) would need to be in the car with her when she she parks?

1. There is no "free parking pass" issued.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

I am trying to figure out if it makes send to upgrade only my ticket for our family trip in November. I do not expect to be back in Disney in a year so the only reason to upgrade would be to save money on this trip. I purchased a Walt Disney World 4 Day Magic Your Way with 5th Day Free! (no park hopper) ticket from OTC for $343.
  1. If I were to upgrade to a Platinum pass would I have to pay $829.64 - $343 = $486.64? or $829.64 - $394.05 = $435.59?
  2. Is the Photopass that is included with the Platinum pass essentially the same as the memory maker saving me $169? Would this apply to everyone on my room reservation?
  3. Could I make a room reservation with a pass holder discount if I am the only one in the room with a Platinum pass?
  4. Do I get the food discount automatically or do I still have to pay the $150 for the TIW pass?
  5. Any other potential discounts/benefits that I may not be thinking about?
Thanks!!!

Hi, first time posting, but been reading a lot and I appreciate all the info!

We are going at the end of August, 6 nights w/ 5 day park hoppers and free dining. We will also do MNSSHP one night. I recently read that you can use a park hopper plus option on an "in between" day to visit the water park so I was thinking of changing plans to do a water park on the same day as MNSSHP (previously was planning full day at MK), so we'd only need 4 day hoppers w/park hopper plus ($15 ea), correct?

Other question... Would this affect our free dining? Will our free dining still be good for our entire stay if we only have 4 day tickets instead of 5?

5 day park hoppers and free dining. We will also do MNSSHP one night... I was thinking of changing plans to do a water park on the same day as MNSSHP (previously was planning full day at MK),
1. so we'd only need 4 day hoppers w/park hopper plus ($15 ea), correct?
2. Would this affect our free dining?
3. Will our free dining still be good for our entire stay if we only have 4 day tickets instead of 5?

1. Correct.
2. Nope.
3. Free dining only requires a two-day minimum ticket.

:welcome: to posting on the DISboards, Cflo10!

I was hoping for some confirmation on ticket pricing. I have purchased from undercover tourist using the link sent out by Mousesavers in the past and was planning on doing so again.
I received my email yesterday with the link but when I compare the prices to Disney, some are higher. Is this normal? I am looking for 5 or 6 days. If I remember correctly, 5 day was maybe 3 dollars more through undercover tourist.

I was hoping for some confirmation on ticket pricing. I have purchased from undercover tourist using the link sent out by Mousesavers in the past and was planning on doing so again.
I received my email yesterday with the link but when I compare the prices to Disney, some are higher. Is this normal? I am looking for 5 or 6 days. If I remember correctly, 5 day was maybe 3 dollars more through undercover tourist.

The initial prices shown on the Disney site do not include 6.5% sales tax.
UT ticket prices are listed with tax included.

For instance-
The actual final ticket costs from Disney:
5-Day Base, adult: $394.05
5-Day Hopper, adult: $473.93

Last edited:
1. Correct.
2. Nope.
3. Free dining only requires a two-day minimum ticket.

:welcome: to posting on the DISboards, Cflo10!
Thank you! Ok, so I wonder if I can still change my package? I've only paid the deposit so far. Will a CM be able to change my tickets on the reservation? I know you're allowed to upgrade, but will they let you downgrade? Again, trip is not till August.

Also, hypothetically speaking, does that mean someone would be able to stay 14 nights with only 2 day park hoppers and still receive free dining for the length of stay?

Thank you!
1. Ok, so I wonder if I can still change my package? I've only paid the deposit so far.
2. Will a CM be able to change my tickets on the reservation? I know you're allowed to upgrade,
3. but will they let you downgrade? Again, trip is not till August.

4. Also, hypothetically speaking, does that mean someone would be able to stay 14 nights with only 2 day park hoppers and still receive free dining for the length of stay?

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Whatever the "minimum ticket" requirement is, if you meet that, you're OK for the trip.
Disney sets the "minimum ticket" requirement.

Happy Fathers' Day to all! Maybe you can help with me solve a problem my Dad just created.

We are planning a trip to WDW in November; everyone except my parents will have annual passes. My parents went to a military base in CA and bought 5-day Military Salute tickets. Only problem is, my Dad bought 5 tickets, when they only needed 2!

The base wouldn't refund them for the unneeded tickets and of course, they expire in December. My Mom is afraid they will lose the almost $700 for the other tickets they won't use before December. Is she right? Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Happy Fathers' Day to all! Maybe you can help with me solve a problem my Dad just created.

We are planning a trip to WDW in November; everyone except my parents will have annual passes. My parents went to a military base in CA and bought 5-day Military Salute tickets. Only problem is, my Dad bought 5 tickets, when they only needed 2!

1. The base wouldn't refund them for the unneeded tickets and of course, they expire in December.
My Mom is afraid they will lose the almost $700 for the other tickets they won't use before December.
2. Is she right? Any help appreciated. Thank you.

1. Maybe they should try again to return the tickets (as it was just a purchasing error to buy so many.)
2. She's right.

It might be possible that they know/can find some friends (or friends of friends)
who have a legitimate connection to the military to whom they could sell the extra tickets.

Hi all,

My son has a 5-day base ticket sitting in his account. We are visiting WDW next June (2018), and will be upgrading that ticket to a Platinum Plus AP to run June 2018-June 2019. However, I can only make 5 days of FP for him before the trip, rather than the desired 10, so I have two options in mind:

A. When I am in the Orlando area in October, I could stop by GR and upgrade his ticket to a 10-day ticket. This will allow me to make the desired FPs in the spring. Then when we arrive in June, I can upgrade it to an AP. Is this possible?
B. (I don't think this one works.) When I am in the Orlando area in October, I could stop by GR and upgrade his ticket to a Platinum Plus AP voucher to be activated and used beginning in June 2018 for expiration in June 2019. I bet if I upgrade it in October, though, that it will be active immediately.

Thanks for any advice!

Hi all,

My son has a 5-day base ticket sitting in his account. We are visiting WDW next June (2018), and will be upgrading that ticket to a Platinum Plus AP to run June 2018-June 2019. However, I can only make 5 days of FP for him before the trip, rather than the desired 10, so I have two options in mind:

A. When I am in the Orlando area in October, I could stop by GR and upgrade his ticket to a 10-day ticket. This will allow me to make the desired FPs in the spring. Then when we arrive in June, I can upgrade it to an AP. Is this possible?
B. (I don't think this one works.) When I am in the Orlando area in October, I could stop by GR and upgrade his ticket to a Platinum Plus AP voucher to be activated and used beginning in June 2018 for expiration in June 2019. I bet if I upgrade it in October, though, that it will be active immediately.

Thanks for any advice!
A. Yes.
B. You would need to upgrade to an "AP Certificate." (Non-Activated AP voucher.)

But, I'd just do "A," regardless.

Last edited:
A. Yes.
B. You would need to upgrade to an "AP Certificate." (Non-Activated AP voucher.)

But, I'd just do "A," regardless.

B could save some money, though, by avoiding a potential price increase. Do you just think it's too risky, that the CM might make a mistake and activate it?

Also, @Robo, thanks!

Last edited:
B could save some money, though, by avoiding a potential price increase. Do you just think it's too risky, that the CM might make a mistake and activate it?

I haven't tried this myself, but it should be obvious if it were activated as you would end up with a plastic card that works at the gates. A voucher can't be used at the gate- it has to be exchanged. At that point, it becomes active. Also, putting that into MDX will also show expiration dates.

Also, @Robo, thanks!

You didn't give the age of your son.
If he is 18 yrs or older, he must be present to buy/upgrade to an AP (with a legal photo ID.)

Otherwise, if you can buy the AP certificate and the ticket CM makes an error and "starts" (activates) it on the date of
the purchase of the certificate, it would just be a matter of getting that corrected on the next visit.
CMs make errors all the time with AP anniversary dates.
It is one of GTHE most common types of ticketing errors.
They make corrections very frequently on erroneous start dates.
It will be easy to prove that AP was not used on that first trip, so it would be
obvious that your intent was just to purchase an AP certificate and not a live AP.

You didn't give the age of your son.
If he is 18 yrs or older, he must be present to buy/upgrade to an AP (with a legal photo ID.)

Otherwise, if you can buy the AP certificate and the ticket CM makes an error and "starts" (activates) it on the date of
the purchase of the certificate, it would just be a matter of getting that corrected on the next visit.
CMs make errors all the time with AP anniversary dates.
It is one of GTHE most common types of ticketing errors.
They make corrections very frequently on erroneous start dates.
It will be easy to prove that AP was not used on that first trip, so it would be
obvious that your intent was just to purchase an AP certificate and not a live AP.

Thanks for the thorough response! He's 3. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter