1) Can you purchase a Disneyland annual pass at a Walt Disney World guest relations center?
2) If this is possible, are you able to upgrade your current WDW park hopper pass to the Disneyland annual pass?

1) Nope.
2) Nope.

It is only possible to purchase or upgrade to a Premiere AP that is good at both WDW and DLR.

One more question . . . will you please help me figure out how much it will cost me to upgrade to an annual pass? I purchased 5-day park hopper tickets as part of a bounce back free dining offer back in October 2016. The cost of the ticket is not listed on my reservation paperwork, so I'm not sure how much the ticket cost.

So here is my annoying ticket upgrade story from last week. I have a DVC Gold Annual pass. In Jan. 2017 (pre-increase) I purchased 5 day park hoppers from UT (listed as a 4 day PH with a 5th day free) for my two kids ages 4 and 9 at $376.25 each.

Day 1 - I go to guest services at MK front gate to activate my Gold AP and inquire about upgrading kids to Gold AP since we are coming back in Oct. They told me that the value of the kids tickets was only $364.58. I politely told them that we had paid more for the tickets than that. They told me that they now only credit the amount that UT paid for the tickets. In a hurry to get into the parks, I told them thanks, but no thanks. They did not say anything about making notes in my file, but maybe they did...

Day 2 - I go to guest services in Liberty Square. Same story, only $364.58. Thanks, but no thanks.

Day 3 - I go to the ticket window at AK. Same story again, only $364.58. At this point, we really needed to make FP for Friday, which would be Day 6 and I could not do so with a 5 day ticket. Seriously annoyed, I decided the time I had spent in these lines (combined now almost 2 hours) was no longer worth it and said fine, just upgrade them.

Get back to my room that night, check my MDE, the kids APs say they expire Dec. 31, 2017 instead of June 4, 2018 (1 year from the date the ticket was first used).

Day 4 - Super annoyed, after a few hours in the park in the rain, I go stand in line at Epcot front gate guest services (in the POURING RAIN). I told the cast member that I was already frustrated that we did not get at least what we had paid for the ticket as credit in the upgrade, but at this point I just wanted the date fixed. He was very nice, had to call someone over to help him fix the date, and in the time he was waiting, he sat there writing a bunch of numbers down. Then, in a quiet voice, trying to not let me hear him he told the supervisor that came over that he had calculated it and that I should have only paid $188 for each upgrade instead of the $230.76 that I did pay for each upgrade. The supervisor agreed with him, but told him that there was nothing they could do to fix it at this point. I contemplated speaking up and pushing them on it, but I had a kid asleep in the stroller in the pouring rain, and we really just wanted to get back to the hotel for naps so I decided to just leave it alone.

It would be really nice if they could AT LEAST get on the same page with what the value should be of pre-Feb. 2017 tickets! I don't plan on upgrading again in the near future since we will just renew our AP next year, so I am just chalking it up to live and learn. Getting the UT discount in the past and upgrading has been a great savings, but it is probably not worth the hassle anymore for us given the time we missed in the parks standing in guest services lines.

Do you have any idea how the math was figures how you paid 230 per tickets, but should have paid 188? That's $42 per ticket.

When we upgraded 3 Ut bought in Nov 2016 to a Gold AP in May, they gave us a date of Nov 2017.....One year from when we bought the UT tickets. We were told by a manger at BLT and a CM at MK GS that is was correct. We did get it fix, but like you "why is this going on?

When we upgraded 3 Ut bought in Nov 2016 to a Gold AP in May, they gave us a date of Nov 2017.....One year from when we bought the UT tickets. We were told by a manger at BLT and a CM at MK GS that is was correct. We did get it fix, but like you "why is this going on?

100%, it is Cast Member error.
Some CMs (including some managers) simply have no idea of correct procedure.
They generally operate in a "vacuum" that gives them the false bravado of telling guests, "that's the way it works"
(even though it is absolutely NOT the way it works.)
Many guests get cheated and never even know.

The anniversary date (start/end date) of an AP must be manually entered by a CM when the AP is activated.
Some CMs know when upgrading a ticket to AP to back-date the AP upgrade to the date that a ticket was first used.
But, apparently some CMs mistakenly think that they are supposed to back-date the AP upgrade to the date that a ticket was first bought.
And, within their own little "kingdom," there's nobody to correct them.
This is why it is very valuable to be armed, in advance, with the knowledge of exactly what an upgrade should cost,
and how it should be dated.

One more question . . . will you please help me figure out how much it will cost me to upgrade to an annual pass? I purchased 5-day park hopper tickets as part of a bounce back free dining offer back in October 2016. The cost of the ticket is not listed on my reservation paperwork, so I'm not sure how much the ticket cost.

There's a link in the first post of this thread to a chart of pre-February 12 pricing, but I'll help you out and tell you that the price of a single 5-day park hopper was $435.59. ;)

I purchased Disney World tickets through Tickets At Work. I have decided that we want to stay for another day. I called Disney and Tickets at Work and they both told me that I can't upgrade my tickets. Can I add a day at the parks or will I have to purchase a one day ticket online/when I arrive for everyone in my group? Can I upgrade tickets purchased through Tickets at Work at the park? Thank you for your help!

I purchased Disney World tickets through Tickets At Work. I have decided that we want to stay for another day. I called Disney and Tickets at Work and they both told me that I can't upgrade my tickets. Can I add a day at the parks or will I have to purchase a one day ticket online/when I arrive for everyone in my group? Can I upgrade tickets purchased through Tickets at Work at the park? Thank you for your help!
It can help to know what you paid.
(Let's please discuss only one ticket at a time.)
How many "days" currently are on one of your TaW tickets?
How much did that ticket cost?

It can help to know what you paid.
(Let's please discuss only one ticket at a time.)
How many "days" currently are on one of your TaW tickets?
How much did that ticket cost?

Here is the information...
3 Day - Disney World Base Ticket (Adult - 10 & Up)(E-TICKET) $272.00 1 $272.00
Subtotal: $272.00
Shipping: $0.00
Taxes &amp fees: $23.68
GRAND TOTAL: $295.68

I couldn't get ours upgraded in 2015, either. They tried at POP and said it could not be done, but I could try guest services at the parks. We decided to just relax at the hotel instead, so I never did find out if it could have been done elsewhere.

Here is the information...
3 Day - Disney World Base Ticket (Adult - 10 & Up)(E-TICKET) $272.00 1 $272.00
Subtotal: $272.00
Shipping: $0.00
Taxes &amp fees: $23.68
GRAND TOTAL: $295.68

The good news is that your ticket is not heavily discounted.
WDW Full price- GRAND TOTAL: $307.79 (Savings of $12.11 incl. tax)

Under those conditions, it would seem that you will be able to upgrade at WDW.

BUT, if TaW has some sort of "special arrangement" with Disney that they buy wholesale tickets at a very low cost, then use those cheap WDW tickets as a "fund-raiser" type operation, they may not allow upgrades.

I would not do business with a place that only saves a few bucks, but then disallows
other standard procedures.

Do you have any idea how the math was figures how you paid 230 per tickets, but should have paid 188? That's $42 per ticket.

I have no idea honestly none of the numbers made any sense to me. I believe the pre-increase price of a 5 day PH for kids age 3-9 was $414.29, which should have been a difference of $181.05. At least the Epcot guy was close to the correct price.... Maybe he did not include tax in his calculation?

If buying park tickets through AAA, are they real tickets (plastic cards) or vouchers that have to be redeemed at TTC?

If buying park tickets through AAA, are they real tickets (plastic cards) or vouchers that have to be redeemed at TTC?
You need to ask at your particular AAA.
Regardless, many ticket "certificates" can be redeemed to regular RFID tickets right at the park entrance gates the first time you enter.

If I reserved a resort package for 4 people and 9 day tickets for everyone...am I able to lower the days of the tickets for 2 members of the party?

I'm thinking no but I wanted to ask here to confirm.

If I reserved a resort package for 4 people and 9 day tickets for everyone...am I able to lower the days of the tickets for 2 members of the party?

I'm thinking no but I wanted to ask here to confirm.
You're right. You can't.

However, if your package does not require tickets, you could drop all tickets from your reservation and buy ANY kind of stand-alone tickets that you like for any member(s) of your group.

Robo, are the prices listed on AllEars include tax? I am looking at 10 day base of $426. What to see the difference I will pay when I upgrade to AP Platinum Plus listed at $779(b/f tax) on Disney's web site.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have FD booked for me and DS. 2 day hoppers. Booked it 8/2016 for late 8/2017. We already have APs.

Is this correct: After we check in, can those 2 ("FD") tickets (A) be reassigned in MDE to DH; AND (B) apply the value of both to an AP to be bought a few days later for DH? (DH is arriving a week after us; I haven't bought DH's AP yet.)

TIA!!! (Asked the bounceback FD CM but she didn't know.)

I have FD booked for me and DS. 2 day hoppers. Booked it 8/2016 for late 8/2017. We already have APs.

Is this correct: After we check in, can those 2 ("FD") tickets (A) be reassigned in MDE to DH; AND (B) apply the value of both to an AP to be bought a few days later for DH? (DH is arriving a week after us; I haven't bought DH's AP yet.)

TIA!!! (Asked the bounceback FD CM but she didn't know.)
One yes, two no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter