"Tiered Loyalty Program" -- any ideas?

You know how it goes. Anyone driving faster than I do is a maniac, and anyone driving slower than I do is unreasonable.

When thumbing thru the WSJ yesterday read interesting poll results asking millionares i.e. "the rich" what level of accumulated assets/$ one must have to be considered wealthy...

$7.5 million:eek:

apparently looking down on the 'po folk is all relative based upon your perch on the totem pole:laughing:

As the great Maxwell Smart would say, "Missed it by THAT much!" :lmao::lmao:

With all this said, what about all those "little people" who bought resale? :eek: :lmao: :rotfl2: To the "stand-by" line with you, regardless of point totals!!. :scared1: :rotfl: :dance3:
Ok, I'm just kidding; in case someone didn't catch it.

The Evil Rich - are they evil because they are rich, or rich because they are evil; I always get that mixed up.

I agree with cvjw; be careful who you pick as "Rich". Are they the ones that didn't gamble, smoke, or drink their money away; worked hard, lived below their means, saved for the future, didn't party in excess and studied hard to get ahead? Oh, those guys. Yeah, they leave a bad taste in my mouth, too. And shame on them for having any expectations at all that may rub someone the wrong way.

No, those guys are me, and I'm not "rich." :lmao: I'm always floored by the uniquely American notion that wealthy people must have worked hard, and low/middle class people must not have worked as hard (or must have wasted their money on vices).

In reality, the correlation just isn't that high.

No, those guys are me, and I'm not "rich." :lmao: I'm always floored by the uniquely American notion that wealthy people must have worked hard, and low/middle class people must not have worked as hard (or must have wasted their money on vices).

Yes! Precisely what I said earlier, and well put!

Yes! Precisely what I said earlier, and well put!

I must say that the hardest "work" I've ever done was at minimum wage. I feel very fortunate that my work now comes from my knowledge and experience instead of the sweat of my brow or the strength of my back. There should be a conversation going on in this country about the priority we give to higher education. 30 years ago, if you couldn't afford college, you could get a pell grant. That is just not true now.

I must say that the hardest "work" I've ever done was at minimum wage. I feel very fortunate that my work now comes from my knowledge and experience instead of the sweat of my brow or the strength of my back. There should be a conversation going on in this country about the priority we give to higher education. 30 years ago, if you couldn't afford college, you could get a pell grant. That is just not true now.

french_fries.jpg

Not everyone can be an Astronaut . . .

tell me about it, it has changed so much from my 24 y.o. DS to my youngest a HS senior. He's been accepted everywhere he applied, now watching the offers roll in - you'd think receiving $25 K a year in academic scholarships would be a good thing, not when tuition is over $55K a year @ Drexel:sad2:.

the new gov of PA wants to cut educational funding by 50%:eek:, translating to tier 1 schools increasing a couple of thousand by next semester, with the tier 2's easily $5k more a year:headache:, we won't know until July or August the final tuition due.

OT tuition rant over:rolleyes1on the bright side, since TS values are down as a whole, @ least family won't be looking at me to sell my DVC;).

They often work smarter, not harder and tend to be better at living within their means.

tell me about it, it has changed so much from my 24 y.o. DS to my youngest a HS senior. He's been accepted everywhere he applied, now watching the offers roll in - you'd think receiving $25 K a year in academic scholarships would be a good thing, not when tuition is over $55K a year @ Drexel:sad2:.

the new gov of PA wants to cut educational funding by 50%:eek:, translating to tier 1 schools increasing a couple of thousand by next semester, with the tier 2's easily $5k more a year:headache:, we won't know until July or August the final tuition due.

OT tuition rant over:rolleyes1on the bright side, since TS values are down as a whole, @ least family won't be looking at me to sell my DVC;).
A common college approach seems to be to have high tuition and give a lot of merit based scholarships. That way they can hand pick their students more effectively and end up around the same costs as many other schools they might be competing with otherwise.

They often work smarter, not harder and tend to be better at living within their means.

You just restated my "uniquely American notion" using slightly euphemized words ;) . Okay.

A common college approach seems to be to have high tuition and give a lot of merit based scholarships. That way they can hand pick their students more effectively and end up around the same costs as many other schools they might be competing with otherwise.

or athletic full rides:rolleyes: you are correct though, his awards were all merit-based (since the forces @ FAFSA deemed us wealthy:upsidedow LOL i wish maybe they heard we own DVC?, and ineligible for any federal grants, etc.). It brings the tuition down comparable to better state schools w/o benefit of their smaller scholarships factored into the mix. His guidance counselor has indicated that they strive to bring their total costs under that of private schools.

Ah well we're all in it together:), we're now in negotiating phase hoping to convince like schools to match the best offers.

Back to subject, only a few days left, any thoughts on what the time frame will be for any possible announcement?popcorn::

I can't imagine they'd announce anything right after the 20th; I imagine it'll be awhile.

I like the suggestion of extra perks such as a free AP or two (or back to where DVC originally offered the park passes for 1/2 of the occupancy of your villa), reduced price DDP, free tour during your stay, merchandise credit, etc. These are things that really won't hurt Disney's bottom line but will offer real value to those who meet the criteria. I know I'd be tempted to add points if there was a carrot dangled that I wanted.---Kathy

I hope any perks are not tied to APs, or fast passes.
We ride very few attractions, so we can always get FPs if we want. Besides, I don't like using FPs, as the que often tells much of the attraction's storyline.

As far as AP discounts... What about those of us who have points split between WDW, DLR, and VB? Worse yet, what about a Member who just uses 1500 points a year at HH? Rare, yes. But still must be considered.

MG

We ride very few attractions, so we can always get FPs if we want. Besides, I don't like using FPs, as the que often tells much of the attraction's storyline.

As far as AP discounts... What about those of us who have points split between WDW, DLR, and VB? Worse yet, what about a Member who just uses 1500 points a year at HH? Rare, yes. But still must be considered.

MG

Good point, MG, and that is probably why the perks will involve things like banking and booking windows.

MG

No perk is going to have universal appeal. I'm sure there are many owners who would get no value from extra booking perks (don't even book 11/7 mos out now) and many who rarely bank points.

But when you ponder the items that are likely to have the widest appeal, I have to think that some form of ticket media discounts or FastPass perks are on that short list. No idea how seriously DVC is considering such items but they are certainly worth consideration.

Depends on what you mean by "worked hard."

There's a difference between actual work that is hard or labor intensive, and work that is going above what is needed to better one's self.

In the first case, I don't think there is a correlation. In the second, I definitely do. A low/middle class bricklayer who only does his job as a rank and file will most likely never become wealthly, no matter how strenously his job is. But one that perfects his craft, and takes small business courses and goes and opens his own business has a much better shot at becoming "wealthy"

A low level paper-pusher or data entry won't get to become "wealthy" by just showing up everyday at 9 and clocking out at 5 to go home, sit on the couch and watch tv. But the ones that go home and a couple nights a week go to get their masters or study for some sort of designation have a much better shot.

Just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter