Title pending no more! Capt Jack kissed my daughter-01/29 update, no pics yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no! not the tree thing! My DH would have us visiting trees and camping and hiking for family fun every single time if he could. :sad2: and while I can appreciate nature, after an hour or two with trees they all really do look kind of the same. . .:rolleyes:

just had to change our dates to get decent airfare and shorten our trip (not even gonna tell you how bummed I was over that, I really thought I could sneak in an extra couple days w/o his noticing but no go) so I am totally having to start over on our ADR's ugh.

So after bugging him to let me book flights last night repeatedly for several hours I gave up and shut up until he finally just said go ahead we'll just loss the money if something happens, it's to far out. I hate not agreeing with him but he just doesn't get it sometimes. He would also just fly by seat of his pants and commando every single park day but I have loudly put my foot down there and after seeing me with these last two (out of six) little ones the last few years I think he is starting to see it can be good , even better to slow down!

and so, he calls from work this morning and says so you did book those flights didn't you? :rolleyes1 well, yeah. make up your mind already, it's all about spending the money with him. He's not opposed to it by any means, it's just so darn hard for him to do it!:rotfl2:

and why am I telling you this? Your DH just sounds a lot like mine. Don't worry I guess is what I am saying. You'll go, he'll love it and even talk about coming back because there is just so much to see and do (I'd wait on the Jan 2009 discussion tho too :rotfl: )

pixiedust: sending some your way

oh no! not the tree thing! My DH would have us visiting trees and camping and hiking for family fun every single time if he could. :sad2: and while I can appreciate nature, after an hour or two with trees they all really do look kind of the same. . .:rolleyes:

just had to change our dates to get decent airfare and shorten our trip (not even gonna tell you how bummed I was over that, I really thought I could sneak in an extra couple days w/o his noticing but no go) so I am totally having to start over on our ADR's ugh.

So after bugging him to let me book flights last night repeatedly for several hours I gave up and shut up until he finally just said go ahead we'll just loss the money if something happens, it's to far out. I hate not agreeing with him but he just doesn't get it sometimes. He would also just fly by seat of his pants and commando every single park day but I have loudly put my foot down there and after seeing me with these last two (out of six) little ones the last few years I think he is starting to see it can be good , even better to slow down!

and so, he calls from work this morning and says so you did book those flights didn't you? :rolleyes1 well, yeah. make up your mind already, it's all about spending the money with him. He's not opposed to it by any means, it's just so darn hard for him to do it!:rotfl2:

and why am I telling you this? Your DH just sounds a lot like mine. Don't worry I guess is what I am saying. You'll go, he'll love it and even talk about coming back because there is just so much to see and do (I'd wait on the Jan 2009 discussion tho too :rotfl: )

pixiedust: sending some your way

We might be married to the same man! :lmao: They sound so much alike! It is all about sepnding the money with my DH too. We should start a support group! :rotfl: And what is it with the big trees? Must be a guy thing!

I am sorry you had to shorten your trip! What ADRs are you going to make? I would love to hear about them!

Thank you for the pixiedust:

Hey, Jenny, you're on this site! So, everything must have turned out great with the house and stuff finally if you are looking at WDW.

I am crossing my fingers for pixie dust for you to get your DH to say yes. I am working on converting my DF now, so I understand.

As for the planning stuff, it does sound a little hectic with all the hopping. I remember how hard it was when I first started planning this year, and I have been there before! Seriously read all the TGM stuff. It is great and will totally give you all the info you need about everything. And the DIS is fantastic, too.

Hey, Jenny, you're on this site! So, everything must have turned out great with the house and stuff finally if you are looking at WDW.

I am crossing my fingers for pixie dust for you to get your DH to say yes. I am working on converting my DF now, so I understand.

As for the planning stuff, it does sound a little hectic with all the hopping. I remember how hard it was when I first started planning this year, and I have been there before! Seriously read all the TGM stuff. It is great and will totally give you all the info you need about everything. And the DIS is fantastic, too.

Hi! Congrats on the upcoming wedding and honeymoon! I bet it will be beautiful! :goodvibes Is the planning overwhelming? Details please...........popcorn::

Yes, the house turned out more lovely than I could have imagined. I really love it. DH did a wonderful job and it was worth every ounce of headache. :cloud9:

It's nice to see you here too and this is a fun board! :thumbsup2

The trip to WDW is actually a little spontaneous for me. 5 months away is about as on the edge as I get. ;) I hope it works too! pixiedust:

Here are a few house pics:

P7280042.jpg

The back before the deck was finished

visit012.jpg

The kitchen right after moving in

visit014.jpg

The living room right before my friend's baby shower

Sorry if you have seen these but I wasn't sure. :hippie:

Hi all and thanks to those who are still reading this. :flower3:

In my daily attempt to fill my need to plan, I was sent an awesome spreadsheet from someone and have been filling it out this morning before the kids wake up. :thumbsup2 Wow, it must have been a lot of work to put it together!

I just ordered my Passporter this morning too! :cheer2:

Itinerary, Day 10: This will be our last full day. :( Why does the time go by so fast? Even writing about the last makes me sad to leave! I am thinking MGM in the morning and then MK at night for Spectromagic! :woohoo: We have ADRs for the Crystal Palace at 5:30 tonight! Chloe adores Pooh Bear and she never gets to spend enough time with him so this will be perfect for the last evening. :wizard:

Itinerary, Day 11: Our flight doesn't leave MCO until 7 pm so I am thinking we will need to leave the resort area by 4 pm at the latest? :confused: I will get up early due to the inability to sleep over my anxiety over flying. Usually we do not do Disneyland on our last day because we drive and head out of town about 11:00 am or so but it looks like we will have about a half day to spend in the parks. My pick will be MK no doubt about it and we won't have time to park hop so I am thinking that everyone will get to choose their favorite and we'll do it one last time. Lunch maybe at El Pirata or Colombia Harbour House; some place we haven't tried yet.

Knowing us we will have snacks and a few CS left so we'll get something to go for the airport, maybe a sandwich from somewhere and of course some treats for when we are back home.

Planning up until this point has been so much fun, I can't even imagine how magical the actual trip is going to be! pixiedust: Fortunately for me, I still have so much to learn, and plan, and have no doubt these plans will change.

And heck, DH doesn't even know we are going yet and that the airfare has been purchased. :lmao:

So glad you mentioned El Pirata - I had that listed as one of my CS but on TGM it doesn't even show that restaurant. So, its still there, right?

I am loving this PTR!
Your DH reminds me of mine when I approached him about going to WDW for the first time. We go to DL at least 2 times a year and he gets Disney'd out! BUT, there is something about WDW....after going once he was hooked! We were planning on going again this January BUT he will be at the police academy so we have to wait until Oct 2008-----and he cannot wait!

I am hoping it all turns out WONDERFUL for you!:wizard:

I look forward to reading more!

I am loving this PTR!
Your DH reminds me of mine when I approached him about going to WDW for the first time. We go to DL at least 2 times a year and he gets Disney'd out! BUT, there is something about WDW....after going once he was hooked! We were planning on going again this January BUT he will be at the police academy so we have to wait until Oct 2008-----and he cannot wait!

I am hoping it all turns out WONDERFUL for you!:wizard:

I look forward to reading more!

Yay, another Disneylander! :cheer2: I really think DH will love it once he gets there. He actually prefers DCA over DL which is mind boggling ;) so I know he will dig WDW and all it offers.

Good luck to him at the academy!

:goodvibes Thanks for the house compliment. We built it ourselves and have been in since November 2006. I really need to take updated pictures.

Wow! You have a beautiful home! Some friends of mine have built their home 2 times now, I can't even imagine!

Wow! You have a beautiful home! Some friends of mine have built their home 2 times now, I can't even imagine!

:goodvibes Thank you! We are really enjoying it. This was our second time building too. The first time we built was in 1998. The second time around was much easier so to speak. I did all of the subcontracting myself; getting bids, checking the job site, paying the companies. That alone saved us a lot of money. Having done it twice now, I don't think I could buy an existing home. DH did all of the electrical, tile (and there is a lot), and rock work (interior and exterior). He also did the finish plumbing. Our friend did the fireplace mantle and all of the finish work and it turned out beautifully. We chose every single thing which was fun and stressful. I still look at my kitchen and want to cry, I love it so much. The pics don't do it justice.

Our previous home sold in 6 days so after staying at my in-laws for 2 months we decided we should rent something. We rented a very clean but tiny town home. The 3 kids were all in one room :scared1: and DH and I took the small room. It was miserable at best. I think it adds to my appreciation of this house.

Sorry for the ramble but it leads to why I am in need of a Disney vacation so badly. DH got to go to Mexico for his 40th while we were building and on a few "business" trips. I got to go to Vegas overnight for my gf's bday. It was really fun but not any sort of break.

I am also graduating with my Master's degree in Mental Health Counseling in a week which has been a lot of worthwhile work but stressful none the less.

Man, he has to agree to this trip! pirate: pirate:

Thanks for letting me vent. :flower3:

Hi Jenny!! I just have to go back and read this pre-trip report!! I just saw it and wanted to say Hi! You gotta make this trip possible!!
I'm :cheer2: for ya!!!

Jenna

Mmmmmmkay...you'll love the Passporter...ermmmm...Disney Holy Grail! Enjoy!

I'm so excited to hear more...and how it all turns out!!!

Hi Jenny!! I just have to go back and read this pre-trip report!! I just saw it and wanted to say Hi! You gotta make this trip possible!!
I'm :cheer2: for ya!!!

Jenna

Yay!!!! :cheer2: Now I can introduce you as the very sweet friend who directed me here! :hug:

Jennifer, thanks for continuing to read along! :flower3: Is the Passporter something light enough to carry around or is it not necessary?

Jennifer, thanks for continuing to read along! :flower3: Is the Passporter something light enough to carry around or is it not necessary?

It will fit securely in your baggallini...;)

It's about the size of a big chapter book...and light enough to carry so as to record every detail!!! :thumbsup2

It will fit securely in your baggallini...;)

It's about the size of a big chapter book...and light enough to carry so as to record every detail!!! :thumbsup2

Baggallini? Do tell! And every detail, I will record in my Passporter! :woohoo:

jenna, the next persuasion strategy is to not say anything for a few weeks. I am also going to do lots of yard work. For some reason he gets jolly knowing I have been doing yard work. I haven't a clue why but at this point, desperate times call for desperate measures! You trip is coming soon! I bet you are excited! :banana: What are the chances that you and the little princess: will be able to meet up with us if we go?

I'll be in your neck of the woods next month and my offer of a free singing telegram is still there! He'd agree to go just so I'd shut up!;)

I'll be in your neck of the woods next month and my offer of a free singing telegram is still there! He'd agree to go just so I'd shut up!;)

That is a brilliant strategy! :rotfl2: I could join you and he'd agree for sure! My singing voice has much to be desired!

So, when will you be here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter