Tonight was awesome!

I agree Kevin....I saw it last year in London's West End. Amazing show!

I have tickets for early June on B'way. Can't wait.

Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I've seen it in Chicago twice with plans to go again in May. Wahoo!

I, unlike the others here, HATED the book version! I read it after I saw the show though, so I was bothered that it wasn't the "same" as the show I loved so much. Some of the things in the book that happened were a bit too weird for me as well.

Anyway, I've now got songs in my head...thank you verrrrrrry much.!

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky! As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!

Sounds like a fantastic night! We are hoping to take DD to see Wicked for her upcoming birthday! :banana:

Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I've seen it in Chicago twice with plans to go again in May. Wahoo!

Have you thought about doing the lottery to get the front row seats? The show is less popular in Chicago now so you'd have a better chance. It's really amazing to see from the first couple rows.

Oh and don't forget to visit the stage door! The cast is great about giving autographs and photos. (but if you've already seen it twice you probably already know that!)

So glad the podcast crew had an excellent time!!!! Wicked is amazing! I know you got to see Jersey Boys too. They are two different shows but Jersey Boys is one of my favorites!

I'm so glad you all liked it so much. I've been lucky enough to see it twice when the tour was in Philadelphia, and I would definitely go see it again.

While I love so many of the songs, my favorite is "What is This Feeling" or, as I call it, "The Loathing Song".

Kathy

DH and I saw it in NYC in Feb and it was AWESOME!!!! I tried to talk him into going to see it on our first night in Orlando since that's the last night it will be there, but nooo... instead we have to go to MK (LOL)

I've got tix to see it on May 24 in Kansas City, just a mere 6 days before I leave for WDW! AND add to that the new Indiana Jones film on May 28 and my culture calendar is full!

But seriously, I'm not as crazy about Wicked as most people but I will agree that "For Good" is probably one of the best written showtunes EVER!

If you like Wicked, then check out Children of Eden. It's another, more obscure Stephen Schwartz show with MUCH better music!!!

Wicked is one of my all-time favorites! DH and I got to see it when it was touring through Chicago (before they put in the permanent show). I LOVED the show!! I'm really hoping that it comes to Indianapolis soon!

The Wicked soundtrack is also a favorite in our house! That's about the only one that my DH can stand to listen to...lol...he won't tolerate the Legally Blonde soundtrack, but he loves Wicked. Did you know that the gal who plays Elle Woods has also played Glinda in Wicked? (Laura Bell Bundy) And the gal who originated the role of Margot in Legally Blonde is currently playing Glinda in the broadway version of Wicked? (Annaleigh Ashford)

It truly was an awesome show! I loved the sets, lighting and not to mention the music!:love:
As soon as I knew we were going to see the show I bought the book and finished it pretty quickly. I loved the book, but I found myself comparing the two and you can't do that. I do not want to spoil the show for anyone, so I'll just say that I liked the show ending better than the book ending.:goodvibes

I went to the theater this weekend to...however, in my case it was the local Regal Cinema. Had a mother/daughter night out with several friends and we went to see Baby Mama. It was actually better than I thought it would be. There were definitely some laugh-out-loud moments and it was okay for our teen daughters as well. Not exactly Wicked, but Tina Fey does have a wicked sense of humor...so I guess I stayed slightly O/T here.

So glad the podcast crew had an excellent time!!!! Wicked is amazing! I know you got to see Jersey Boys too. They are two different shows but Jersey Boys is one of my favorites!

I have to agree!! We were lucky enough to see Wicked twice w/ the original broadway cast...I was hooked - didn't think any musical would ever top it. THEN, we saw Jersey Boys. :love: I've seen it 3 times now, and would buy tickets again tomorrow if I could afford it! :)

But, honesly, if I was forced to pick a favorite between these two, it would be really tough. Both of them are definitely top notch, but like you said - DEFINITELY different!

Ahhh, starting to get the Broadway itch again now...last show was The Little Mermaid right before the strike...have to get myself some tickets to SOMETHING now!

That might just have to go on my birthday list now! D'oh! :thumbsup2

You must go and see it....it's brilliant. Definately one of the best shows on in the west end at the moment. (I've seen lots of them)

Have you thought about doing the lottery to get the front row seats? The show is less popular in Chicago now so you'd have a better chance. It's really amazing to see from the first couple rows.

Oh and don't forget to visit the stage door! The cast is great about giving autographs and photos. (but if you've already seen it twice you probably already know that!)

Hi,

We saw Wicked in Chicago last summer with a group of friends! Loved it! We listen to the soundtrack all of the time! My DDs love "Popular". I was planning on a Mother daughter outing to see it again. How do you participate in the lottery?

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE WICKED!!! :cheer2: I am so glad that you got to see it! Everyone should see it! I saw it two years ago when it came to Minneapolis. I had to pay through the nose to get it from a secondary seller because the tickets sold out within minutes and we weren't able to get any! Now, thanks to the school district that my mom is working for, we already have tickets for the show in November! Hard to wait that long.

If any of you men out there are wondering if you should see it - go! My DH loved it and often asks me to put the soundtrack on when we are in the car. He isn't easily impressed.

Also, for the rest of you fans, if you don't have it already, The Grimmerie is a must have! It has cast photos and tells the story behind the making of the play! Enjoy! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter