Too many days at Disney?

I go for 9 days usually, but I'm usually solo. Those 9 days would be too long if I was traveling with other people.

Oh man. Ok. I guess I don't realize how big it is. I know we won't get to everything. Sounds like I'll need to do a lot of planning before hand.

We usually go 5 nights and 6 days, with the 6th day being a half-day. But we've been there lots of times and budget our time around the stuff we like. This time we're going for 6 nights and 7 days, which means we'll probably do 2 days in each park (hopping), and we do a lot of hopping as we're commando style. I understand that's not for everyone. My advice to you would be to schedule which park you're going to be in for a particular day and restaurant reservations if nothing else. If you *really* want to see more efficiently, make your FP+ ressies as soon as you are able. I know it seems regimented and not a lot of fun to plan that far ahead, but when you're there you'll probably be glad you did it that way.

When we went as a family we felt we needed a minimum of 6 park days (at least 2 MK, 2 EP, 1 DHS, 1 AK).

I'm not sure we could spend too many days in the parks but we could get so worn down that we didn't enjoy it as much as we went along. Rest breaks/rest days are important to us.

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as too many days? LOL My very favorite tri length is ten days, but we tend to do 5 days mostly. I think your trip length is great for a first trip.

Our first trip was 7 days and we hit the parks hard RD-close every day and still didn't get to do everything we had on our list. We usually do a 5 day trip in the fall (and occasionally spring) and a 7 day trip in January. The 5 day trips really don't allow us to do everything that we would want, but it's ok because we go so often that these are usually targeted towards a specific activity, or type of trip. The 7 day trip is really perfect for us now as there are a lot of things that we no longer try to cram in. I personally wouldn't prefer a 10+ day trip, but that's just my vacation style in general, I prefer more frequent shorter trips, as opposed to longer ones.

Our first trip was 8 days with 7 park days. It was not anywhere near enough so the next year we went for 13 and had tickets for 10 days Disney and tickets for 2 days at Universal. My boys hated Universal so we only spent half a day there and went the other day to Busch Gardens (my kids love the animals and the roller coasters). We have been going at least 12 days with 10 days in the park ever since. This year, since it is just my daughter (who eats, lives, and breathes Disney) and I, we are going for a solid two weeks Dec 14-28 and I am going to upgrade to an annual pass so we can go back next summer and for Halloween and go to the parks a little each day. Since we have never been over Christmas and it is super busy, we will need that time to see all we want to see. We like to take things slow and absorb the atmosphere and notice all the little details. We like to rope drop each park twice and park hop almost every day. We also like one TS meal everyday to relax and talk about things. I think I might get tired of Disney if I were there over two weeks, but I doubt it. There is so much to do outside the parks.

We had our 17th trip last month. It was a 13 day trip and we went to the parks every day. All of our trips have been about once a year and between 10 and 14 days and there have been less than 5 days overall that we have not gone to a park.

We are not rope droppers (at least not since my son stopped doing Jedi training many years ago) but we do stay until closing for the most part. We also eat most meals TS so that takes time.

For your first time, that is absolutely not too long. You will not come close to seeing it all, either.

Our first trip was 7 days and we hit the parks hard RD-close every day and still didn't get to do everything we had on our list. We usually do a 5 day trip in the fall (and occasionally spring) and a 7 day trip in January. The 5 day trips really don't allow us to do everything that we would want, but it's ok because we go so often that these are usually targeted towards a specific activity, or type of trip. The 7 day trip is really perfect for us now as there are a lot of things that we no longer try to cram in. I personally wouldn't prefer a 10+ day trip, but that's just my vacation style in general, I prefer more frequent shorter trips, as opposed to longer ones.
This is a good point. A good target trip length does vary based on how often you plan to go. Or how many times you've been.
If it's your first (and maybe only) trip you do not want much less than 7 days, if at all possible. 1 or 2 More would be even better. I honestly think 10 days is perfect for a first and only trip, in a perfect world
If it's your first trip and you intend to go back, you can reduce the days and know you'll get to things later.
Just don't peshaw how tired you get, no matter how young or how good a shape you are in

I keep hearing that 6-7 days at Disney is just too long. We'll be bored, tired and won't enjoy it.

How many days is too many for you and your family?

*This is our first time ever!

6-7 would be the minimum in my opinion, esp for a 1st timer....2 days MK, 1 day AK, 1 day HS, 1-2 days EP...perhaps 1 down day in between and/or a water park.....

This is a good point. A good target trip length does vary based on how often you plan to go. Or how many times you've been.
If it's your first (and maybe only) trip you do not want much less than 7 days, if at all possible. 1 or 2 More would be even better. I honestly think 10 days is perfect for a first and only trip, in a perfect world
If it's your first trip and you intend to go back, you can reduce the days and know you'll get to things later.
Just don't peshaw how tired you get, no matter how young or how good a shape you are in

Truer words have never been spoken!!! DH and I were in our early 20s and very fit our first time and my back was killing me from all of the standing by the end of our trip! It was totally worth it, but man, I was in some serious pain. Thankfully I had a couple pairs of awesome shoes that I switched off wearing, so my feet were fine, but my back just wasn't used to all the standing around on concrete.

No way. 6/7 days isn't long enough, IMO. We typically go 10 - 12 days. This next trip, however, is "only" 6.5 days and I already feel sad about leaving ;)

We have done 8 nights and 4 nights trips. This year doing 7 nights Disney 1 night universal. Having a very hard time with our schedule with only 7 nights. Too much to do and not enough time.

Our first family trip in 2010 was 7 days and it was perfect. So we went back the following year, but 7 days wasn't enough. Now our trips get longer and longer every year and it's still not enough.

Last year we went for 17 days, this year we're looking at 18 days. :)

We did 7 nights on out first trip and it was far too short. We did 14 nights on our second trip and it was much better. Planning the same for this year. These are adults only trips doing WDW only. I have no clue how anyone can be bored!

I keep hearing that 6-7 days at Disney is just too long. We'll be bored, tired and won't enjoy it.

Our first trip we had 7 days and it wasn't even close to being enough, lol. We're doing 6-7 days next time, too. Bored? I don't know how anyone could be bored at Disney! Even if they had 2 weeks! Now, can you get over tired? Most definitely. Disney is huge and massive and can be overwhelming, and yes, you do need to be smart about it or you can wear yourself out (especially physically) which could interfere with enjoyment. So, just plan smart - take breaks, rest etc... stop and smell the roses.

I saw this headline and thought "is there such a thing?!?!"
If your traveling party is full of Disney fans, 6-7 days will not be too long. My first trip was with two other friends that are Disney fans and we went for 7 days with one day off in the middle where we went to the beach. It was a great length of time for my first visit. I got to see a lot, but I also realized in that trip that there was a lot that I didn't get to see or do and that set me up for future visits. :)

There's different things to see at different times of the year. We went at Christmas (early December) a few years ago and I absolutely loved it. I now find myself wanting to go to WDW at Christmas time every year!! So, if you go in April, there will be some different things to see and do while you are there than if you go in December.

Have a great trip!!

My husband prefers only 4 days at Disney. I prefer 7 but normally only get 5.

For a first trip I would say 7 days is perfect - 4 days in each park, a day for a waterpark and an evening break, then another day with time for Disney Springs and time to go back to your favorite parks. For me Epcot is a day and a half and Magic Kingdom is 2 days because I have so much fun there but normally I only get a day and a half there.

I don't know yet. We've never done more than 10.

We usually do 6-7 days and I have a list of things that I want to do. Inevitably we get home and I look at the list and I realize we did maybe half. Even less if we meet friends there because we spend all of our time yakking and sitting in a lounge or at a restaurant or quick service place with a drink and yak some more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter